Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

1 hour ago, Adirondex said:

You should be fine in North Carolina compared to Northern NY. I think the truck looks better without running boards hanging down but that's me. I opted to not install the stainless strip on the outside edge which makes them almost disappear when retracted.

image.png.52ec91539d77eb24c589f63cc050afec.png

Would definitely opt out of the chrome strip myself. Only thing I like about the hanging boards is the little extra protection it gives you. Im with you on liking the cleanliness of nothing being there, also gives a look of extra height. The Amps for the 22s have 20-22 week lead time according to Amp customer service. A local Amp dealer checked to verify and said didn't see any available in any warehouses so have time to decide what route I want to go anyway. 

Edited by Gharri30

On 4/15/2022 at 1:08 PM, FirstFord22 said:

Originally I was going with the retractable tonneau when I placed my original order back in November, but when I placed the new order I left the tonneau off. Then I did some research and decided I liked the trifold didn’t use up any bed space like the retractable systems do. But I think it’s 6 one half dozen the other. I’m sure the retractable is a helluva lot easier to roll up. 

I’m glad I tinted the windshield at 50%. Can’t even tell from the inside and this Florida sun is no joke on dashboards. 

I just can’t wait to see the photos of yours and hear about your wife’s reaction after the first attempt getting in/out with a toddler and infant ?

I love the idea of tinting the windshield, but curious about visibility at night. What’s your experience there?

58 minutes ago, Diesel Dude said:

I love the idea of tinting the windshield, but curious about visibility at night. What’s your experience there?

With the 50% tint I’ve had no issues. Not confident I could say the same if I would have gone 15%. I was going to do the clear tint, but the guy that did the tint has been doing it for 30 years and he said that the clear only blocks UV and doesn’t have any heat reduction properties. He told me he tints all of his vehicles with 50% so I figured I’d give it a shot. So far very pleased. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

With the 50% tint I’ve had no issues. Not confident I could say the same if I would have gone 15%. I was going to do the clear tint, but the guy that did the tint has been doing it for 30 years and he said that the clear only blocks UV and doesn’t have any heat reduction properties. He told me he tints all of his vehicles with 50% so I figured I’d give it a shot. So far very pleased. 

You definitely wouldn't have been able to see much with 15% at night. One of my coworkers is running 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield and it is very dark at night and when it rains, the few times I've been in it anyway. Can't imagine trying to see with 15%. Think that 50 you went with is a good compromise, 35 is doable I think, would just have to get use to it. 

12 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Truth be told, I figured that if I hated it I could just have it removed and then go with the clear tint. I hate throwing money away, but it would be a lesson learned. And if the guy that can put any damn thing he wants on his cars is going with 50, then I should probably do the same. 

I’ll get you those photos soon of the tonneau cover. I tried to upload them yesterday, but I kept getting an upload error message. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears said:

Got Ranch Hand Legend grill guard, premium bed liner, LXP tonneau cover (looks just like back flip), Tiger Tough back seat covers, B&W hitch yesterday. Write another big check but LOVE the results. 

D3327E69-D589-4032-ADAF-E8C3819A77B6.jpeg

It's coming together nicely! Keep the money flowing LOL.

• Haha 2

2/25/2022- Ordered CCSB 7.3L F350 Platinum SWR & Received confirmation email but nothing since

03/25/2022 - Dropped mudflaps and wheel liners per dealer recommendation

Accessories waiting at home:

• Retrax Pro XR tonneau
  • Rhino Vortex 71" rack rails and mounts
  • Skinny cargo basket
  • 2 Rhino Hybrid Bike carriers
  • 2 20L Wavian Jerry cans and holders. Figured better be safe than sorry with the gasser!

On the Transferflow waiting list for the replacement mega-gas tank. 

7 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I've been vacillating over which tonneau to buy, my current truck doesn't have one, and I really want one for the new beast. This thread has been really helpful!

I'm 99% decided on the Backflip now

I enjoy the hard roll up cover.  I wouldn't get it with a short bed... not even completely happy with the space it takes up in the LB.  I can stand on it, even put a ladder on it.  I can roll it up to cover as little of the bed as needed.  When towing, I put it about 3" in front of the hitch, everything underneath stays dry.

So I was looking up some more running board options this afternoon. I came across some by a company called Go Rhino. They have the same look as the Tremor boards and the have an option to be able to add/remove drop steps on them. I have been looking at some Tremor boards but my wife wasn't sold on them because of them being tucked up against the truck and her being short, she would rather me get some Amp powerboards when they're available. Has anyone ever heard of this company or used these boards on any of their trucks before? 

Screenshot_20220419-175424_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I've been vacillating over which tonneau to buy, my current truck doesn't have one, and I really want one for the new beast. This thread has been really helpful!

I'm 99% decided on the Backflip now

The backflip looks great. But I hate how it blocks the rear window open. I'm thinking for a fold top the renegade cover. But they are just so expensive. But similar to the diamond back. 

8 hours ago, CBears said:

Got Ranch Hand Legend grill guard, premium bed liner, LXP tonneau cover (looks just like back flip), Tiger Tough back seat covers, B&W hitch yesterday. Write another big check but LOVE the results. 

D3327E69-D589-4032-ADAF-E8C3819A77B6.jpeg

Nice bumper. Do you have the front camera or 360 view? How much restriction does it cause the front camera?

2 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Has anyone ever heard of this company or used these boards on any of their trucks before? 

Similar to what I have on my F150 but do not recall the brand.  Is that link from Stage 3?  I need to find step rails as well so wifey & dog will be happier.  The thin rock slider look is what I have now & appeals to me but concerned I may need a lower step to appease the family.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenc said:

Similar to what I have on my F150 but do not recall the brand.  Is that link from Stage 3?  I need to find step rails as well so wifey & dog will be happier.  The thin rock slider look is what I have now & appeals to me but concerned I may need a lower step to appease the family.   

That's my debacle right now as well, or when the truck arrives. This link was from RHRSwag Truck Accessories but I saw a video on them on Stage 3s YouTube.

6 hours ago, danielj said:

The backflip looks great. But I hate how it blocks the rear window open. I'm thinking for a fold top the renegade cover. But they are just so expensive. But similar to the diamond back. 

I agree completely, it looks great, but covering the back window is a bummer. I was considering the diamondback, but I think the bakflip fits my needs better. 

7 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

I agree completely, it looks great, but covering the back window is a bummer. I was considering the diamondback, but I think the bakflip fits my needs better. 

I struggled with that also...  Have a Roll-N-Lock Retractable cover and LOVE IT..   Blocking my rear window was NOT an option when towing my 5th wheel trailer...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ford truck guy said:

I struggled with that also...  Have a Roll-N-Lock Retractable cover and LOVE IT..   Blocking my rear window was NOT an option when towing my 5th wheel trailer...

A buddy of mine has a soft roll up cover that flaps around a bit, that would drive me absolutely nuts. I agree on visibility, I don’t tow a 5th wheel, but I haul logs for my business, and it would be disconcerting not having rear window visibility. 

• Like 1

Super Duty 2020-2022 REV Hard Folding Tonneau Cover for 6.75' Bed ~ VHC3Z99501A42N (ford.com)

Has anyone purchased the Ford Hard Folding tonneau linked above?  It looks very similar to the BakFlip.  The dealer can install this at the time of delivery on my truck and offered it at good price.  It almost makes me wonder if this and the BakFlip are manufactured by the same folks.

18 minutes ago, troublemaker427 said:

Super Duty 2020-2022 REV Hard Folding Tonneau Cover for 6.75' Bed ~ VHC3Z99501A42N (ford.com)

Has anyone purchased the Ford Hard Folding tonneau linked above?  It looks very similar to the BakFlip.  The dealer can install this at the time of delivery on my truck and offered it at good price.  It almost makes me wonder if this and the BakFlip are manufactured by the same folks.

You're right, they look basically identical. How good of a deal are you getting? Maybe I can negotiate a bit with my dealer for one too.