Possible color change while I still can......

Gharri30

Carbonized v Antimatter   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Carbonized v Antimatter

• Carbonzied
    • Antimatter

I have a 22 F250 Lariat with BAP on order in carbonized gray that I plan on putting a 4" lift on. I've never noticed how many in carbonized gray were around until I started this process and wait. I'm contemplating a change to antimatter blue while I still can. I'm no stranger to blue as my current truck (Titan) is a dark blue but noting like the antimatter. What do yall think?  I'd really appreciate pics if anyone has antimatter blue with a lift and/or BAP.  Google searches have turned up a bunch of generic pics along with mostly stock trucks. I can't go wrong either way. Just looking to make my own decision tougher ?.

1 hour ago, tcritch3 said:

There will always be a lot of gray vehicles because people love neutral colors. The Antimatter blue is a good choice if you’re wanting one that’s not as common. Both colors look good though. 

Isn't this the color that looks black almost?  Even though they look fantastic clean, I'm not a fan of black just from the showing dirt and scratches standpoint.  JMHO or course.  I've got an Anvil gray wrangler now that looks clean even when dirty.  Hoping my new Carbo gray truck is the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears said:

Isn't this the color that looks black almost?  Even though they look fantastic clean, I'm not a fan of black just from the showing dirt and scratches standpoint.  JMHO or course.  I've got an Anvil gray wrangler now that looks clean even when dirty.  Hoping my new Carbo gray truck is the same way.

That's the one. They definitely show the scrachtes which is why I opted to try something different than I normally do but that blue is drawing me in. 

1 hour ago, PineNut said:

I have to say the Antimatter Blue is a stunning color.  Unfortunately I live in the desert and it would be showing dirt within minutes of washing it....  I went with Carbonized Grey.....

I hear you on that. Would definitely have to have a good cleaning regiment for it. Was hoping someone had a nice lifted one with BAP I could l look at. 

Edited by Gharri30

10 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

That's the one. They definitely show the scrachtes which is why I opted to try something different than I normally do but that blue is drawing me in. 

I hear you on that. Would definitely have to have a good cleaning regiment for it. Was hoping someone had a nice lifted one with BAP I could l look at. 

Check out some YouTube videos of Akins Ford in Atlanta, I remember seeing a few trucks in Antimatter blue that were customs, one was an F150 and I'm pretty sure it had BAP or some custom badging similar to BAP.  There are a few pics of Antimatter F350 KRs in my signature.

Edited by 787Toolman
spelling
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Check out some YouTube videos of Adkins Ford in Atlanta, I remember seeing a few trucks in Antimatter blue that were customs, one was an F150 and I'm pretty sure it had BAP or some custom badging similar to BAP.  There are a few pics of Antimatter F350 KRs in my signature.

I've watched a ton of his videos. That's the first place I saw the carbonized gray and what set me on it. I'll have to go back and look through for the antimatter in his videos. 

42 minutes ago, Bodaway said:

I saw an AntiMatter in the bright sun the other day and it looked nice, but any other time it looks too dark for me.

I went with carbonized gray for the same reason as most, live on gravel road and it's always going to be dusty.

That's what I'm afraid of. That I won't like it when the blue isn't showing through. That and keeping it clean, which my current truck is blue but man do they look good when they're clean.

Edited by Gharri30

9 hours ago, wowens79 said:

I just ordered an F350 in antimatter.  I’ve never seen on in the daylight in real life, just pictures. 
I did park next to one after dark, and it was under a light. It looks good on the side the light was hitting. 

It's an interesting color.  Bright sun, it just sparkles.

I went to a dealership with some antimatter blue inventory and couldn't find them. I decided to go look at some stickers and there were some black ones until I got close and saw they were really blue.  Not a bright sunny day but not dark either. 

Edited by 4thTimer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, PineNut said:

I have to say the Antimatter Blue is a stunning color.  Unfortunately I live in the desert and it would be showing dirt within minutes of washing it....  I went with Carbonized Grey..... 

Desert rat, here, too. While I originally ordered Carbonized, I too started thinking I was seeing too many grays, so I change it to Antimatter a few weeks into my order. I like the changing color based on lighting, which I get that with my '16 Bronze Fire (which looks burgundy in some light, brown in other). If anything, I hope the darker color will motivate my lazy ass to get out the foam cannon a bit more frequently.