Expedition production

bigcam

1 hour ago, paramehdic said:

Damn I was hoping we were past some of the chip issues on these scheduled vehicles. Any idea which chip is the hold up currently?

Its not one chip - there are problems with all suppliers so any part can cause delays.  Be patient.  Some super duty orders are 10 months old.

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

Its not one chip - there are problems with all suppliers so any part can cause delays.  Be patient.  Some super duty orders are 10 months old.

One can dream lol. 

I had a super duty tremor on order since July but my trailer was cancelled so decided to get the expedition since didn't need truck anymore.

16 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

It’s funny how the dealer i work for that has stock units ordered after mine are built already and 1 just got delivered and 2nd will be here next week. But mine Is on chip hold. Was built 3/25 but still sitting waiting for chip

Yep, last week I began tracking a few dealer orders that I found in my area, and found a few that went from order to production to in transit in the span of a few days, all within the last three weeks. Mine is sitting with yours, on a lot waiting for chips. I was told yesterday that mine is scheduled for chip install 4/23-4/29. Hopefully they'll get these off of the lot and onto a train quickly!  

30 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

It’s funny how the dealer i work for that has stock units ordered after mine are built already and 1 just got delivered and 2nd will be here next week. But mine Is on chip hold. Was built 3/25 but still sitting waiting for chip

Definitely Interesting, isn't it?

27 minutes ago, keithk said:

Yep, last week I began tracking a few dealer orders that I found in my area, and found a few that went from order to production to in transit in the span of a few days, all within the last three weeks. Mine is sitting with yours, on a lot waiting for chips. I was told yesterday that mine is scheduled for chip install 4/23-4/29. Hopefully they'll get these off of the lot and onto a train quickly!  

Those are the dates mine has said since the beginning. Originally I was told those were my estimated delivery date. My Sales Manager told me yesterday that those are actually the start and end date they expect for the chip install. I keep seeing more and more people saying they are being given those dates. Hopefully that is a good sign, and all of ours can start getting shipped out in the next week or two. 

5 hours ago, Michael Lappy said:

Not funny really, it depends on what chips are needed to finish those units out vs yours. Same goes for interior/exterior color combinations, as the darker colors are being shipped twice as fast as the lighter colors, all painted in batches for more efficiency.

Bill

16 minutes ago, mrbill973 said:

Not funny really, it depends on what chips are needed to finish those units out vs yours. Same goes for interior/exterior color combinations, as the darker colors are being shipped twice as fast as the lighter colors, all painted in batches for more efficiency.

Bill

You know it’s a figure of speech, but I know for a fact the one my dealer has coming in as a stock unit is same color and almost everything my wife wants in here car. I understand how it works with building them with what they got but every dealer I talk to have said they been seeing stock orders get built faster then retail. I ordered an xlt max but the ones coming in are limited so obviously more chips would be in those

On 4/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, DKing said:

Do you possibly have an x-plan pin you’d be willing to share? I found a local dealer to accept and they have one vehicle in the trim that I want in stock. Thanks so much. 

That’s not how x-plan works. It’s a friends and family program. I received my pin from a retired Ford employee.

The retired employee is the one who generates the pin.

I am just the lucky recipient.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 8:18 PM, SRQalldaylong said:

Ordered Limited Max, Star White, Stealth Performance Package on 01/21/2022 after a retired Ford neighbor convinced me of Ford superiority over anything GM or Wagoneer. I was most appreciative of placing an order with a local dealer via the X-Plan order system and received an order confirmation email from Ford (the link to view my order online in that email no longer functions. Received the secondary email that my order status remains at “received” On March 18, 2022. That link still works and as of April 3, I my status remain at “order received”.

As of today, I am not scheduled for production, let alone built or shipped.

I feel like this is a strange test of patience.

May 19th, 2022, no update, still in ‘order confirmed’. Going on 4 months of nothingness.

Edited by SRQalldaylong

• 2 weeks later...