Expedition production

bigcam

“Have been what”? Produced? Scheduled?

No new Expeditions were scheduled from the unscheduled order bank last three weeks. Our is sadly included. Boots on the ground have reported some suv were produced over the last few weeks.  Those would have been scheduled previously. But most previously scheduled were bumped out to future weeks. I have seen bumps out as far as first week of May. 

Edited by ddakoske

• 5 weeks later...

Ordered Limited Max, Star White, Stealth Performance Package on 01/21/2022 after a retired Ford neighbor convinced me of Ford superiority over anything GM or Wagoneer. I was most appreciative of placing an order with a local dealer via the X-Plan order system and received an order confirmation email from Ford (the link to view my order online in that email no longer functions. Received the secondary email that my order status remains at “received” On March 18, 2022. That link still works and as of April 3, I my status remain at “order received”.

As of today, I am not scheduled for production, let alone built or shipped.

I feel like this is a strange test of patience.

Edited by SRQalldaylong
  • Like 1

I think it’s only been one week out of the last 6 or 7 that have had orders scheduled too. Ordered 2/11 after another dealer told me 12/29 that I couldn’t order yet (frustrating so will not be buying my 3rd car from that dealer). 

1 hour ago, Jgking said:

I think it’s only been one week out of the last 6 or 7 that have had orders scheduled too. Ordered 2/11 after another dealer told me 12/29 that I couldn’t order yet (frustrating so will not be buying my 3rd car from that dealer). 

Ordered one day before you. Limited High with bench, HD tow eLSD and CDD. No luck yet either. 

My wife ordered a 2022 Expedition Limited 4X4 on 1/17. Stone Blue exterior, Mahogany Leather-Trimmed interior. 301A mid package.

We were sent the original e-mail from Ford that the order was placed on 1/17.

Did receive a new e-mail recently on 3/18 that production was delayed, and we would hear back from them when production resumes.

Spoke with my dealer last week, and he already removed the automatic start/stop from our build to help speed up production.

Just thought I'll share our update!

Everyone, I'm with you.   I have a 2022 Platinum on order. And I know there's a ton of frustration out there, including with the dealers, for individual Expedition orders like myself, and traditional buyers who are used to walking up to a dealer on a Saturday afternoon, picking out a vehicle and buying it.

I think you all, who have a 2022 Expedition on order will agree, we really want the vehicle that we ordered, with ALL of the features that were stated to be available at the time that we ordered it.   If you don't, you can reach out to your dealer to remove certain features, such as Active Park Assist 2.0, Emergency rear braking, 2nd Row Climate/Audio controls, etc. Ford is  

Before you remove content based on Ford's scheduling enhancements, think a moment.   Do you really want, as in my case, to purchase a  2022 Expedition Platinum, to live without certain content which may or may not be exclusive the model (Platinum in this case)?   After a few years, do you envision purchasing a new vehicle, and expecting the best trade in possible, to trade/sell the Expedition, and you want the best possible trade-in, retail sale price?  My question is, that what would you give up on the selling/trade-in side to get your- 2022 Expedition (sans much content) to have one today, without some major options that are being removed.

I would not give up on the Expedition, in terms of availability or Ford, for that matter.  Things are pretty bad, right across the board, including GM- and Stellantiss.

This is just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, caplanm said:

Do you really want, as in my case, to purchase a  2022 Expedition Platinum, to live without certain content which may or may not be exclusive the model (Platinum in this case)?

The only reason I stepped up to Platinum was for BlueCruise, and I lost the possibility of the high output engine as a result. For approximately $10,000, I sure as heck expect every bell and whistle, and a measly $300 isn't going to make me happy.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, balthisar said:

The only reason I stepped up to Platinum was for BlueCruise, and I lost the possibility of the high output engine as a result. For approximately $10,000, I sure as heck expect every bell and whistle, and a measly $300 isn't going to make me happy.

I am in complete agreement with you! Also wish dealers would order anything besides black. Every Platinum I see available (which isn’t many) is black. Hate the black of my 2018 F150 so we want anything but that now! Ordered the Dark Matter Metallic.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, SRQalldaylong said:

Must be Henry Ford holdouts, customers can have any color they want as long as it’s black.

Ain’t that the truth! I miss the older metallic blacks they had. My neighbor has a Ram 1500 and I love the black they have. Next to it my F150 looks wayyy to plain.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:18 PM, SRQalldaylong said:

Ordered Limited Max, Star White, Stealth Performance Package on 01/21/2022 after a retired Ford neighbor convinced me of Ford superiority over anything GM or Wagoneer. I was most appreciative of placing an order with a local dealer via the X-Plan order system and received an order confirmation email from Ford (the link to view my order online in that email no longer functions. Received the secondary email that my order status remains at “received” On March 18, 2022. That link still works and as of April 3, I my status remain at “order received”.

As of today, I am not scheduled for production, let alone built or shipped.

I feel like this is a strange test of patience.

Do you possibly have an x-plan pin you’d be willing to share? I found a local dealer to accept and they have one vehicle in the trim that I want in stock. Thanks so much. 

On 4/17/2022 at 10:44 AM, paramehdic said:

Mine is scheduled to be built April 26, hoping it arrives by week of May 15. Very tight for sure but have trip planned and has been on order since November. 

Mine was "Built" 3/24 and been sitting waiting on a chip. My ETA for delivery just got bumped from 4/29 to 5/18. I have multiple trips planned the next 2 months. My dealer told me Thursday to just plan on driving my current vehicle. 

Edited by Cadet7263
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Cadet7263 said:

Mine was "Built" 3/24 and been sitting waiting on a chip. My ETA for delivery just got bumped from 3/29 to 5/28. I have multiple trips planned the next 2 months. My dealer told me Thursday to just plan on driving my current vehicle. 

Damn I was hoping we were past some of the chip issues on these scheduled vehicles. Any idea which chip is the hold up currently?

50 minutes ago, paramehdic said:

Damn I was hoping we were past some of the chip issues on these scheduled vehicles. Any idea which chip is the hold up currently?

Well, different people seem to tell me different things. Possible a chip for the HD Tow Package for the breaking. Not 100% sure though. I can't even track my truck right now on the Ford Tracking. It comes up and says Invalid VIN.