Blue Oval City Transfers

Curious to know if transfers will be offered for current F-150 production employees?

If so, what is the criteria that must be met to be transfer eligible and when would possible announcements come up?

Is there a transfer/moving bonus, like they offered with the Escape, when it left Kansas City to Louisville?

Will there be a pay and benefit cut if there is not a Union Contract to follow us?

Will there be a Union at all in Tennessee's RTW State?

3 hours ago, Decker said:

"Will there be a Union at all in Tennessee's RTW State?"

They may still be trying but, it didn`t work out well the last two tries. 

There may be a union, probably only a fraction of the plant would be card carrying members and most would be "free riders"

Thank you for the replies. I am a current

F-150 production worker at KCAP, Local 249, and I really want to transfer to Blue Oval City, if they give us the option.

I am hearing rumors already that this is a possibility for us, but it's still pretty early, so nothing has been officially announced yet of course. 

Biggest rumor is the moving bonus is $100K, but I am taking it with a grain of salt. 

If there is a transfer option, it would be a once in a life time opportunity, and I am not passing it up.

I'd love to live in Tennessee and learn new skills via Ford Motor. It's a gorgeous state and puts me close to the Smokey Mountains, which I travel to once a year anyway in North Carolina. It would be a dream come true for me.

I was born and raised in KC, and stayed here my whole life. 
I am ready for a change and would love to change the direction of mine and my family's life. 

The surrounding real estate of Stanton is pretty impressive for underdeveloped communities.
Yes, I have already canvased the area, and would be very comfortable moving there. 

Thank you for the replies. I am a current

F-150 production worker at KCAP, Local 249, and I really want to transfer to Blue Oval City, if they give us the option.

I am hearing rumors already that this is a possibility for us, but it's still pretty early, so nothing has been officially announced yet of course. 

Biggest rumor is the moving bonus is $100K, but I am taking it with a grain of salt. 

If there is a transfer option, it would be a once in a life time opportunity, and I am not passing it up.

I'd love to live in Tennessee and learn new skills via Ford Motor. It's a gorgeous state and puts me close to the Smokey Mountains, which I travel to once a year anyway in North Carolina. It would be a dream come true for me.

I was born and raised in KC, and stayed here my whole life. 
I am ready for a change and would love to change the direction of mine and my family's life. 

The surrounding real estate of Stanton is pretty impressive for underdeveloped communities.
Yes, I have already canvased the area, and would be very comfortable moving there. 

update: Found this article today. Not sure how I have missed this in my previous searches?

https://tennesseelookout.com/2021/09/28/fords-blue-oval-city-to-set-up-union-shop-at-memphis-regional-megasite/

There are a few catches in the transfer language that may make most of the rumors just that, rumors. Basically your home plant can hold up transfers because the plant is experiencing manpower shortages. Then like CAP the new facility was filled completely with new hires, because of "person" power issues. No transferring from the main plant.  CAP pulled itself off the "excepting plant" status list, for only one reason "legacy" benefits. 

Hold off writing any checks on that 100K moving allowance rumor. Purchasing a place to live in Tennessee is going to take a lot of bucks, just like everywhere else in this sellers market. 

Good luck, hope things work out. 

• Like 1

Having transferred plants before its a crap shoot.

Existing plants and locals might not like higher seniority people rolling in, Ford might want to empty or close another plant and shift people or they might want the lowest cost option of new employees off the street. 

I hope people that are interested get the chance but don't hold your breath. 

10 hours ago, Decker said:

There are a few catches in the transfer language that may make most of the rumors just that, rumors. Basically your home plant can hold up transfers because the plant is experiencing manpower shortages. Then like CAP the new facility was filled completely with new hires, because of "person" power issues. No transferring from the main plant.  CAP pulled itself off the "excepting plant" status list, for only one reason "legacy" benefits. 

Hold off writing any checks on that 100K moving allowance rumor. Purchasing a place to live in Tennessee is going to take a lot of bucks, just like everywhere else in this sellers market. 

Good luck, hope things work out. 

Yeah, I am taking the $100K rumor with a grain of salt.

we already looked at real estate in the surrounding towns of Stanton, out of curiosity, and it's actually not that bad compared to Kansas City.

much nicer and newer homes and cheaper prices.

The homes we found in Tennessee would be in $500-$600K range in KC, but down there they run between $300-400K. 
It's actually a bit cheaper, and buying in during a development phase is an investment that will pay off well later. 

• Like 2

Yes, Memphis is a crap hole. I know the state fairly well. I used to go to the Smokies in Tennessee, and on up to the Blue Ridge in North Carolina, every Summer up until Covid hit. I love the mountains.

when I go to Georgia I always drive down through Chatt. It's a gorgeous state with tons oh history.