Rear Passenger Seatback Release

• Latebraking changed the title to Rear Passenger Seatback Release
1 hour ago, SpartanFan23 said:

On my 21 there is a strap up by the headrest that folds the seat back down.  On the passenger side that is where the jack is.

The first thing I did was pull on all the straps up by the headrests, since that made the most sense for a release placement, but, nothing happened, so I came here.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

F150 has a strap on the passenger side to release the seat back.  Check the section about the Jack.

I went through the owner's manual again last night, but this particular operation is not detailed at all anywhere in the manual. Accessing the jack seems generic in regard to how it's addressed, i.e., not specifically for the F350 location.

2 hours ago, Latebraking said:

The first thing I did was pull on all the straps up by the headrests, since that made the most sense for a release placement, but, nothing happened, so I came here.

Did you pull forward on the seat while pulling the strap?  It takes some effort.

Well damn, I've had a 2017 F350 since new and never tried to pull down the seat back before, after watching the video link provided, now I too know how to lower the seat back.  Thanks for asking this Latebraking, now many others can learn this too.  I may purchase one of those little nifty tether mechanisms to make it a bit easier.  I guess Ford didn't add that since it's not very often you'd need to access behind that seat back.

787Toolman

8 hours ago, Latebraking said:

Thank you, HRG - I figured it was something simple, I just didn't know what to look for. The owner's manual does not address this at all.

4 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Well damn, I've had a 2017 F350 since new and never tried to pull down the seat back before, after watching the video link provided, now I too know how to lower the seat back.  Thanks for asking this Latebraking, now many others can learn this too.  I may purchase one of those little nifty tether mechanisms to make it a bit easier.  I guess Ford didn't add that since it's not very often you'd need to access behind that seat back.

787Toolman

Glad I could help guys.

HRG