option code 88R

bigcam

If this option is selected on a platinum order, what exactly seat features are removed from standard equipment? More specifically with 88R are the heated/cooling seats left? Just tryin' to get mine (early December order) available for scheduling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, bigcam said:

If this option is selected on a platinum order, what exactly seat features are removed from standard equipment? More specifically with 88R are the heated/cooling seats left? Just tryin' to get mine (early December order) available for scheduling.

Hi bigcam. I took a quick look at the Dealer Order Guide and could not find an "88R" option or option package.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Xraymd said:

It’s in the latest order guide, but there isn’t any more info.

Hi Xray and thanks for the updated information. Okay bigcam, that explains it. "88R" is a late addition "option". It was not in the previous version I looked though.

It is not really an "option" as we think of options. It is really a voluntary delete of the "Standard Luxury Leather Trimmed Front Seats - (with "Multi-contour seat DELETE)", and is recommended for those who want their vehicles now and are willing to live without the multi-contour seats (at least temporarily).  This is due to the parts/commodity shortages.

So if a buyer chooses this option, their Expedition will not be held up waiting for the Multi-contour seats, and may be able to be scheduled sooner.

It does not mention whether the included seats will still be heated/cooled. My guess is yes. But it is simply a guess. Better to ask your Dealership or call Ford Customer Service for an accurate answer (eventually...lol).

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You should get the standard non multi contour seats, whatever those are.  If they are heated and cooled then you’ll get that.

I’d guess they are the standard limited/KR/Timberline style seats then just with the platinum color schemes? 

• 3 weeks later...

I asked my dealer if I needed to add this “option” to get me Platinum scheduled and he said his inventory manager told him he wouldn’t add it to an existing order and that he viewed this as something for new orders going in. I was surprised at this but I am assuming they want to get it in as soon as they can so they can make some money so hoping he isn’t steering me wrong. 

Guys, I'd really appreciate better info if available. If the only change is "no massage", I'm all in. If more changes, no thanks. This is a Dec 10, 2021 order that I'm trying to get built before I have to stop driving!!!!!! 80 years old and a 30 year Lincoln Mercury Dealer!

• 4 weeks later...

So all models are having rear heated seats and 2nd row climate controls removed no matter what? Wonder if those can be retrofitted. 

Now my dealer says they don’t even see the option 88R to add to my unscheduled order.  Called Ford Marketing and they confirmed the dealer should be able to see it. Strange.

30 minutes ago, Jgking said:

So all models are having rear heated seats and 2nd row climate controls removed no matter what? Wonder if those can be retrofitted. 

Now my dealer says they don’t even see the option 88R to add to my unscheduled order.  Called Ford Marketing and they confirmed the dealer should be able to see it. Strange.

According to Ford and my Dealer, Expeditions will be built without the rear climate controls and, in the case of Platinums, 2nd row heated seat controls.  However, unlike the Multi-Contour massaging seats, the rear climate control will be retrofitted at no charge, once the parts are available which is predicted to be between 12 and 18 months from now.  Your dealer should be able to amend the order.

Well the order manager was no help,  but finally got the overall sales manager on the phone and he was able to add the MCS delete. What he said it’s showing for them is that the MCS seats aren’t available for scheduling right now but that they will be notified when they are available. He said he didn’t her anything that said they had to add it but agreed it would at a minimum delay the order more from being scheduled.

Of the 18 orders they have outstanding, 5 are in production. He ordered a Limited with SPP for himself on 1/13 and said it started production this week. 

35 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Details are available in the 2022 Expedition Production Information forum.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71270-2022-expedition-production-information/

Thank you! This is the information I relied on to keep trying to find someone at the dealer who could add the 88R so was very helpful. Ford Marketing says they still show it as a limited production option so they didn’t even have the update that it was not going to be available. 

• Like 1