Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

One person's analysis and he does have an argument to justify his view but I still think pushing electric cars, stopping drilling, killing pipeline jobs, asking OPEC to provide more oil, allowing Nord stream II to continue, continuing to import Russian oil, importing oil from Iran who wants us all to die are also policies that drive costs up and is what I put the blame to, all of which Biden and his administration enacted and some on day one.  Energy independence is critical to national defense, and we should never import a single drop of oil from countries that hate our guts when we can drill our own and especially natural gas that is being burned off in the Gulf of Mexico and we could generate electricity with that gas or many other uses.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

One person's analysis and he does have an argument to justify his view but I still think pushing electric cars, stopping drilling, killing pipeline jobs, asking OPEC to provide more oil, allowing Nord stream II to continue, continuing to import Russian oil, importing oil from Iran who wants us all to die are also policies that drive costs up and is what I put the blame to, all of which Biden and his administration enacted and some on day one.  Energy independence is critical to national defense, and we should never import a single drop of oil from countries that hate our guts when we can drill our own and especially natural gas that is being burned off in the Gulf of Mexico and we could generate electricity with that gas or many other uses.

But the colored hair, tolerant, alphabet people might get their feelings hurt if we don't embrace everyone in the world. Except those evil people who want to see America succeed. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, sarge144 said:

My farm co-op in Wisconsin.  It's E85 fuel that is so cheap, unleaded is $3.75 a gallon, diesel $4.34 as of a few hours ago.

Well if you factor in 25% lower fuel economy that’s about the same cost per mile driven.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

5.85 in the Bay Area California. That keystone pipeline would be pretty nice right now!

That Keystone Pipeline would have very little impact on US gas prices as it was for oil of which 95% was destined for China and Europe.  Gas prices, as always, are due to supply and demand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

That Keystone Pipeline would have very little impact on US gas prices as it was for oil of which 95% was destined for China and Europe.  Gas prices, as always, are due to supply and demand.

Supply and demand my behind, this sharp rise in a such a short amount of time is called gouging. Supply hasn't changed that much if any and I'm sure demand hasn't increased to justify these prices. I call BS.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Adirondex said:

Supply and demand my behind, this sharp rise in a such a short amount of time is called gouging. Supply hasn't changed that much if any and I'm sure demand hasn't increased to justify these prices. I call BS.

I agree it is gouging but it has always been gouging.  OPEC was formed to control the flow of oil and raise the price per barrel.  While their influence has been somewhat diminished by the establishment of strategic oil reserves by several countries, they can still impact oil and gas prices during times of crises.

Wars waged by major oil producers like Russia also have an impact.  If the global community cuts off buying Russian oil the prices will rise even more unless other oil producing countries raise production to fill that void.

We are screwed on gas prices no matter what.  The gas companies will always find a way to jack up the prices every opportunity they get.  The only reason they can do this is because they have bought off just about every member of congress.  

Edited by RedHoncho01
correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

The key to low USA fuel costs are to be energy independent.  If we produced 100% of our own oil and gas, the price would stabilize in the USA and I can't think of anything else around the world that could change that price.  Finishing the keystone pipeline and opening up exploring and uncapping wells that are ready to pump is what we should do immediately, this is what Trump was doing until Biden had to reverse the progress.  We shouldn't import one single drop of oil, especially from any country that hates our guts and wants us exterminated like Iran or Russia.

Okay, I agree the keystone pipeline wouldn't fix our problems right away, but every day closer to opening that spigot would help our morale and ease tensions and possibly ease gouging.  We have all the energy in the USA we need for over 100 years, that has been proven, all we need to do is extract it and use it.  Getting oil and gas from other countries doesn't do a damn thing to help the global climate, and it's actually worse for the planet because in many of these foreign lands, they are careless with the extraction and cause more issue than extracting here in the USA.

Electric cars are cool, I agree, but the electricity must come from somewhere and solar and wind cannot provide what is needed.  Nuclear is the best solution for electricity and it will take a long time before an individual all electric transportation system is ready in USA.  The Liberals and environmentalist are trying to force electric vehicles on the public, this cannot work because there is not enough electricity to go around and the infrastructure is not ready so we must do both at the same time, develop a long term solution to our electric demand and keep progress moving forward by using the fossil fuels we have available.

We shouldn't import one single drop of oil or gas from outside the USA, it can be done.

Trump used to say we were energy independent when he was president and a net exporter at the same time.  I don't know the truth, some have said we were still importing from Russia and other foreign countries at the same time and we were selling enough through exports that on paper, we could say we were independent and exporting at the same time. Either way, we have the ability to be 100% energy independent, we just need leaders that have the will to make it so.

I apologize for the rant...

787Toolman

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sullynd said:

Last time I plugged in. 

637667CC-FB29-4675-A1FA-8ADBC932443D.jpeg

Thanks, I needed a dose of diesel smell rubbed in my face, lol.  I used to have a 2014 Ford Fusion plug in hybrid, it was cool, I was saving gas left and right.  After 3 years, I had saved $5k in gas by not driving my F150 back and forth to work.  Problem is, the battery started to fade and I was only able to get 13 miles instead of 26 miles.  The rest of the time I was running on gas at like 45 mpg.  I ended up trading it on the 2017 Super Duty I drive now and I lost every single penny I saved on fuel.  If I would have purchased a new battery, I think it would have been $3k-$5k so even though it seems like a great cost savings, the maintenance in the long run takes it all back, not to mention the battery may not be recyclable and end up damaging the environment even more than the CO2 from burning fossil fuel.  Battery technology is still not where we need, when we have a battery that has the same energy density as diesel or gas, then we'll have a good transition to electric.  Long term costs and environmental impacts have not been done, we're flying blind into all electric cars and trucks.  I digress...

787Toolman

44 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

.....  If I would have purchased a new battery, I think it would have been $3k-$5k so even though it seems like a great cost savings, the maintenance in the long run takes it all back, not to mention the battery may not be recyclable and end up damaging the environment even more than the CO2 from burning fossil fuel.  Battery technology is still not where we need, when we have a battery that has the same energy density as diesel or gas, then we'll have a good transition to electric.  Long term costs and environmental impacts have not been done, we're flying blind into all electric cars and trucks.  I digress...

787Toolman

https://www.greentecauto.com/hybrid-battery/ford/fusion/ford-fusion-2013-2015-hybrid-battery

You could have gotten a replacement pack for less than $2500, gotten the old pack recycled at that price point and been on your way....but, I digress....

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

https://www.greentecauto.com/hybrid-battery/ford/fusion/ford-fusion-2013-2015-hybrid-battery

You could have gotten a replacement pack for less than $2500, gotten (HEV) the old pack recycled at that price point and been on your way....but, I digress....

I think the battery found from the link is for a regular Ford Fusion Hybrid, I owned a Fusion plug in hybrid (PHEV) called Enegi, the battery is 9kwh whereas the regular hybrid is only 1.4kwh.  I suspect the battery cost for a PHEV will be significantly more than $2350.

image.png.becc979d3e3a45191ccdeeeda7d4910f.png