Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

37 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

Regular Gas Prices in the Los Angeles Area per "Gas Buddy" in the past 24 Hrs

Highest Regular Gas Prices in the Last 24 hours
Price Station Area Thanks
Chevron
901 N Alameda St & N Main St

Los Angeles
QWKRTNU

53 minutes ago
Mobil
8489 Beverly Blvd & La Cienega Blvd

Los Angeles
20 hours ago
Shell
2321 S Hacienda Blvd & Tetley St

Hacienda Heights
20 hours ago
Mobil
1297 N Verdugo Rd & E Mountain St

Glendale
20 hours ago
Chevron
907 E Altadena Dr & N Lake Ave

Altadena
20 hours ago
Shell
6101 W Olympic Blvd & Fairfax Ave

Los Angeles
Marl615

9 hours ago
Chevron
2155 Huntington Dr & Monterey Rd

San Marino
6 hours ago
Shell
9305 Firestone Blvd & Woodruff Ave

Downey
1 hour ago

Mobil
20802 S Vermont Ave & Torrance Blvd

Torrance
52 minutes ago

Mobil
8307 S La Cienega Blvd & Florence Ave

Inglewood
18 hours ago

They are the REGULAR gas prices???  HOLY CRAP ! !      what are the Diesel numbers?  Glad I removed Calli off my "must see" list a few years ago

GasBuddy for Hamden, CT.

NOTE: CT prices exclude the ($ 0.25/Gallon) CT fuel tax that was waived as of June 1st to return part of the State's budget surplus.

GasBuddy_2022-06-03_Hamden, CT_Citgo.jpg

Diesel at Shell a half mile away is at $6.65. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Thanks 1

Earlier in week BJ's had diesel here in Charleston SC for $5.20, then went to $5.19, then $5.17 yesterday and today back to $5.19, what's up with changing a few pennies every other day?  Reg gas is $4.29 at BJs according to gas buddy and they say diesel at BJs is $5.25 but sign on interstate says $5.19, what gives but I think gas buddy gets info from users, but some users are wise guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Near CHS SC, today, BJs has diesel for $5.31, regular gas for $4.47, BJs is usually $.40 cheaper than other fuel stations in the area.  Before the plandemic, diesel was about $.40 more than gas, but now it's almost $1 more than gas and that's been the trend for a while now.  I was under the impression diesel is less refined than gas, but it's more expensive.  I must be wrong, or the oil companies are just gouging us.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

Local Petro is the highest I've now seen at 6.29 for diesel.

OMG, how far does this go before this becomes a major crisis and possibly a national security risk?  Someone rumored to me that diesel is heading for $10/gal, that will be over 4x increase from 2020, this is unsustainable IMHO.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:16 PM, bshort said:

Paid 7.49 for some 91 up in the hills.  

OMG, that is terrible, I'm very upset at $5.35/gal for diesel.  Crazy thing is BJs went from $100 maximum on pump to $90, so stupid as who wants to reset the pump and start over to refill a truck with a 34gal tank?

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

OMG, how far does this go before this becomes a major crisis and possibly a national security risk?  Someone rumored to me that diesel is heading for $10/gal, that will be over 4x increase from 2020, this is unsustainable IMHO.

Well there was an article in the news the other day that Washington was programming fuel pumps for prices over 10 bucks a gallon.  Sure would be nice if the current political climate did not discourage drilling and refinement on US soil. 

Edited by 1972Mach1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a 60 gallon S&B fuel tank on my diesel F-350 and filled it up today at Costco at $5.79/gallon. Although it had about a third of a tank, it still cost me $254.00. Talk about feeling the pain at the pump. Sheesh. One thing is for sure, after our vacation pulling the 5th wheel to Yosemite, I'm parking the truck until fuel prices come back to some sense of normalcy.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

Well there was an article in the news the other day that Washington was programming fuel pumps for prices over 10 bucks a gallon.  Sure would be nice if the current political climate did not discourage drilling and refinement on US soil. 

As of 2017, nearly 26 million acres of federal land were under lease to oil and gas developers in the United States. 

Oil and Gas Companies Gain by Stockpiling America’s Federal Land

But why drill at all when they are making huge profits.

2 wild charts show how Big Oil profits are skyrocketing as prices at the pump rise

Yea, companies' goal are to make profits, but this much?

Since Jan 2019, nearly all have doubled their profit amounts, and you and I are paying for it.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jniffen said:

As of 2017, nearly 26 million acres of federal land were under lease to oil and gas developers in the United States. 

2 wild charts show how Big Oil profits are skyrocketing as prices at the pump rise

Since Jan 2019, nearly all have doubled their profit amounts, and you and I are paying for it.

...and six refineries are "off line" right now needing to be overhauled.

• Thanks 1

Just to keep a little perspective here - those companies had losses of $6B - $8B in some quarters of 2020.  And profit margins are still only 12%.  It’s just that 12% of a really big revenue stream is a lot of money.

Of course the best thing for us to do is curtail our gas usage and that will naturally force prices back down.  I also saw where Biden is pushing back on the oil companies but I’m not sure exactly what he can do without making it a regulated monopoly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I have a 60 gallon S&B fuel tank on my diesel F-350 and filled it up today at Costco at $5.79/gallon. Although it had about a third of a tank, it still cost me $254.00. Talk about feeling the pain at the pump. Sheesh. One thing is for sure, after our vacation pulling the 5th wheel to Yosemite, I'm parking the truck until fuel prices come back to some sense of normalcy.

I filled up a couple of days ago when the regular tank had 1/4 remaining. Cost me CAN$ 300. Fortunately, those were the cheaper prices in Alberta, as at home it will be almost CAN $400 to fill the tank.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:02 AM, jniffen said:

LOL...the oil companies don't set the price of crude oil or gas, just like the ranchers don't set the price of their herds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a week in Alaska last week and gas was less expensive there than in Utah.  What makes this unusual is that Alaska has no refineries as a part of a deal that allowed drilling for oil in Alaska.  So they pump crude, load it into a pipeline or a tanker, send it to Washington or California and the tankers come back with refined products.  Shipping products 3000 miles and it is still less expensive?

We have no foreign crude in Utah.  It all comes from Utah or Wyoming yet we pay world crude prices for local crude.  Somethings do not make any sense.  The cost of gas isn't going to come down because there is no incentive to do so and especially when we are buying crude from the Saudis and the Venezuelans who both hate us.

• ice-capades changed the title to Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?