Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

There are energy industry analysts that are being very cautious in their forecasts for gas prices going forward. The oil companies are reported to be at or near their limits for increased refinery production, in part due to scheduled refinery maintenance. A major factor is that the U.S. is now in hurricane season, with more storms than average forecast this year. It would only take one hurricane knocking out operations at a single refinery to have a ripple effect through the industry by reducing available inventory and driving gas prices back up. As such, some analysts are forecasting that gas prices could go back up to new record levels, as high as an average $6.00 per gallon. 

The long existing factor that is rarely discussed is that the oil companies have to produce about 30+ different grades of gasoline to meet mandated government and emission standards in different markets. A nationwide standard would be a positive influence in simplifying refinery operations and reducing those expenses.   

• Like 2

$4.57 is the cheapest in the little town I live in (Dallas Or).  Not much movement.  

Going to look at beater today that could save me a couple hundred a month just in commuting.  I don't really want a 3rd car but if it costs $1500 and it will save me $2400 in fuel a year kinda hard not to think about especially after year one of ownership provided it lasts that long. haha. 

This morning's gas prices in Hamden, CT (New Haven)

• $4.00 Regular (Cash) @ Gulf
  • $4.03 Regular (Cash) @ Citgo

GasBuddy_2022-08-21_Hamden, CT_Gulf.jpg

$4.39 Midgrade (Cash) @ Gulf

$4.49 Midgrade (Credit) @ Gulf

$4.89 Premium (Cash) @ Gulf

$4.99 Premium (Credit) @ Gulf

There have been problems lately with GasBuddy posting updated prices. 

GasBuddy_2022-08-21_Hamden, CT_Citgo.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content