Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

Hello all,

I filled up my 2017 6.7L Diesel Platinum F350 today, prices shot up over $.50 in a week and today I paid $4.35 per gallon for diesel at BJ's in my area of coastal SC, last week I paid $3.79 per gallon.  I had a 5 gallon can in the bed I filled up too and the total came to $110 and change.  The pump stopped at $100, and I had to initiate a second transaction.  I guess if prices stay high, the stations may want to program to pumps to stop at $150-$200 to allow a fill-up without stopping.  I guess this trend is not going to improve for some time with the war in Ukraine and our feckless leaders for not allowing us to be energy independent from those that hate our guts or want us dead.

What are you guys paying in your area?

Thanks for nothing Biden...I was paying $1.79 for diesel at the end of 2020, thanks Trump...

787Toolman

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Boss Hog said:

4.899 for diesel 

western kansas

Ouch, so for 34 gallons, that would come out to $166.56 if you were dead empty.  Have you also run into pump limits and need a second transaction or do you just not wait till you're too low on fuel?

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

Still fueling the 150, hopefully this was the last tank, but it was $3.999 for regular 87. I ordered a 60 gallon S&B this afternoon for the 250, that’ll be fun to fill once it get here and installed. 

ouch, that could be a $300 fill up at $5/gallon, but I guess it's still the same price per gallon, just get to have time to heal between fill ups, lol.

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

ouch, that could be a $300 fill up at $5/gallon, but I guess it's still the same price per gallon, just get to have time to heal between fill ups, lol.

At least I won’t have to stop every week? Yea it won’t be fun at all. But I’d rather not stop every 300 miles if I can avoid it. Even though this is a daily driver truck and practically won’t be on any real road trips. 

• Like 1

BJ's upstate/northern NY $3.85/gal regular, that's with 10 cents off for using BJ credit card.

Went up to camp this afternoon to plow slush off my road so it doesn't turn to ice again, used around $40. worth of fuel plus I got nipped for lunch with the old lady. :rant2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Ouch, so for 34 gallons, that would come out to $166.56 if you were dead empty.  Have you also run into pump limits and need a second transaction or do you just not wait till you're too low on fuel?

That’s just posted price.  I fill up at the farm

29 minutes ago, sarge144 said:

I paid $2.64 for E85 this morning.  Maybe the 6.2 will save me a few bucks.

wow, that's some cheap gas, what was the price in 2020 and what was the price a few months ago?  Your price is over $1 cheaper than everyone else that posted here.  Where is this cheap gas located?

787Toolman

19 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

wow, that's some cheap gas, what was the price in 2020 and what was the price a few months ago?  Your price is over $1 cheaper than everyone else that posted here.  Where is this cheap gas located?

787Toolman

My farm co-op in Wisconsin.  It's E85 fuel that is so cheap, unleaded is $3.75 a gallon, diesel $4.34 as of a few hours ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sarge144 said:

My farm co-op in Wisconsin.  It's E85 fuel that is so cheap, unleaded is $3.75 a gallon, diesel $4.34 as of a few hours ago.

well, that makes a little more sense, at least the local gas and diesel are on par with most other locations, thanks for sharing.

5 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Hello all,

I filled up my 2017 6.7L Diesel Platinum F350 today, prices shot up over $.50 in a week and today I paid $4.35 per gallon for diesel at BJ's in my area of coastal SC, last week I paid $3.79 per gallon.  I had a 5 gallon can in the bed I filled up too and the total came to $110 and change.  The pump stopped at $100, and I had to initiate a second transaction.  I guess if prices stay high, the stations may want to program to pumps to stop at $150-$200 to allow a fill-up without stopping.  I guess this trend is not going to improve for some time with the war in Ukraine and our feckless leaders for not allowing us to be energy independent from those that hate our guts or want us dead.

What are you guys paying in your area?

Thanks for nothing Biden...I was paying $1.79 for diesel at the end of 2020, thanks Trump...

787Toolman

$4.50

• Thanks 1