Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

No, I just gas up, I have no interest to go inside. I'm not into glamorizing a gas station because they sell food, there's something that came to the state which is called BucKee's... I Went to one in St Augustine for people watching and it was quite the laughing cultural experience.  It was like, Cracker Barrel, a touch of Wawa with food inside, and Tractor Supply Store, with 50 pumps outside LOL  They even sell small bbq's with coal and all and i'm like "Is this for people to camp in the parking lot?" LOL We just sat there watching in awe...it was quite the experience...

2 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

No, I just gas up, I have no interest to go inside. I'm not into glamorizing a gas station because they sell food, there's something that came to the state which is called BucKee's... I Went to one in St Augustine for people watching and it was quite the laughing cultural experience.  It was like, Cracker Barrel, a touch of Wawa with food inside, and Tractor Supply Store, with 50 pumps outside LOL  They even sell small bbq's with coal and all and i'm like "Is this for people to camp in the parking lot?" LOL We just sat there watching in awe...it was quite the experience...

Might be the kind of place that will be needed along Interstates to charge future BEVs — like a tiny mall, or a service plaza on Florida Turnpike. People might want a safe place to hang out while vehicle charges.  For what it’s worth, I have only been to one Buc-Ed’s off I-10 in Alabama.  It was the biggest traffic jam I have seen in years; gridlock in parking area prevented customers getting to pumps, or getting back on highway.

I was finally able to exit and filled up about 5 miles down the road.  Gladly paid a lot more for gas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick73 said:

Might be the kind of place that will be needed along Interstates to charge future BEVs — like a tiny mall, or a service plaza on Florida Turnpike. People might want a safe place to hang out while vehicle charges. 

Most definitely Rick73. Tesla and Buc-ee's announced a couple years ago a major initiative to site Superchargers at Buc-ee's retail stores. I've used a Supercharger at the Madisonville Buc-ee's store a few times on trips down to Houston in my Model S. The charger itself worked perfectly and I got my fix of Beaver Nuggets at the Buc-ee's store. ?

Here's a list of Buc-ee's locations with Tesla Superchargers.

image.thumb.png.7eccec676459d1cfaf865777cee05060.png

Wawa is life in the NJ/PA area-they only started selling gas in the past 20 years and have expanded out of the NE area recently. 

The food and coffee is pretty decent and its far better experience then going to 7-11. 

You can give directions by the local Wawas in my area LOL

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Wawa is life in the NJ/PA area-they only started selling gas in the past 20 years and have expanded out of the NE area recently. 

The food and coffee is pretty decent and its far better experience then going to 7-11. 

You can give directions by the local Wawas in my area LOL

They've opened a ton of Wawa's down here over the last 5-10 years

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Most definitely Rick73. Tesla and Buc-ee's announced a couple years ago a major initiative to site Superchargers at Buc-ee's retail stores. I've used a Supercharger at the Madisonville Buc-ee's store a few times on trips down to Houston in my Model S. The charger itself worked perfectly and I got my fix of Beaver Nuggets at the Buc-ee's store. ?

Here's a list of Buc-ee's locations with Tesla Superchargers.

The store I stopped at in Alabama (primarily to buy jerky for a family member) has 100 gas pumps and 16 Superchargers with up to 250 kW.  I’m certain traffic was a mess because it was Sunday after Thanksgiving and everyone was driving back home.

To get his new Tesla Model 3 to Houston area, my son stopped at one for his very first charge.  At the 120 kW rate it was charging, by time he went inside and had lunch, the car had already charged much more than he needed.  He just needed a little extra range to get home where charging cost was much lower.  It was a great learning experience nonetheless.  Since he’s averaging over 4 miles per kWh, a quick stop of 15~20 minutes can keep him on road another 2 hours or longer.

Regarding energy costs, his average thus far has been 4 cents per mile.  Except for first day, all charging has been at home.  That’s lower cost than even a 50 MPG hybrid can obtain at present fuel costs, which would be +/- 6.5 cents per mile in my area.  Savings of $25 over first month and 1,000 miles obviously doesn’t pay for higher initial cost.  It’s still a treat, if not luxury to own a Tesla, even the most basic model.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:03 PM, Rick73 said:

Might be the kind of place that will be needed along Interstates to charge future BEVs — like a tiny mall, or a service plaza on Florida Turnpike. People might want a safe place to hang out while vehicle charges.  For what it’s worth, I have only been to one Buc-Ed’s off I-10 in Alabama.  It was the biggest traffic jam I have seen in years; gridlock in parking area prevented customers getting to pumps, or getting back on highway.

I was finally able to exit and filled up about 5 miles down the road.  Gladly paid a lot more for gas.

They gotta change that hideous icon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last Sunday most stations I noticed during 40-mile drive were under $3.00 per gallon.  Lowest cash price was $2.849.

I expect it to go up considerably during summer, but lower demand due to weak economy should limit price hikes.

This morning's gas prices in Hamden, CT (New Haven)

• $3.59 Regular (Cash) @ Gulf
  • $3.65 Regular (Cash) @ Citgo

CT is still phasing back in the $0.25 state tax that was waived last year. Full tax will be restored by June.

GasBuddy_2023-05-19_Hamden, CT_Citgo.jpg

GasBuddy_2023-05-19_Hamden, CT_Gulf.jpg

Actual cash prices this morning at the Gulf station. GasBuddy.com often does not accept the updated prices. 

• $3.59 Regular
  • $4.09 Midgrade
  • $4.69 Premium

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content