Ventilated Front Seats - Ranger

Jbrubakerjr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
34 minutes ago, TheQuixotic1 said:

How the technology has existed in luxury vehicles and full-size trucks for this long without making its way into more "average" vehicles is beyond me! If I could only pick between heated and ventilated, I would 100% choose ventilated even though I am in the frigid midwest!

This is just a very wild guess here. Other more experienced people can chime in. I think* manufacturers do this to make certain vehicles more affordable but also to entice people in to buying more expensive vehicles with certain features. 

*Like I said, just a guess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

This is just a very wild guess here. Other more experienced people can chime in. I think* manufacturers do this to make certain vehicles more affordable but also to entice people in to buying more expensive vehicles with certain features. 

*Like I said, just a guess. 

Over time there usually is a downward matriculation of features to more base models, though. I'm just somewhat surprised that ventilated seats is a feature that has remained at the luxury and full-size truck level and hasn't really started to spread to even top-tier packages on "normal" vehicles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, Jbrubakerjr said:

Would be a great option on the Ranger, even if only in the Leather seats (Lariat Package)!

I agree, after owning F series since '74, I decided  to downsize and was really disappointed with the Ranger. Ridgeline has offered ventilated seats for a number of years and the 2023 Canyon offers them as well now.

• 1 year later...
  • ice-capades changed the title to Ventilated Front Seats - Ranger