Hello from Woodstock.... GA

Jbrubakerjr

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

Hello from Canton!

Did you order from Krause?

Actually, I did not. Hope you are not affiliated there. I ordered from Pugmire. Krause added a market adjustment to my order (as did a couple other dealers), where Pugmire allowed me to order at sticker, without any dealer add-ons. I would have perferred Krause, as they are literally 7 minutes away, but ti save $3,000 was worth the drive to Cartersville....

29 minutes ago, Jbrubakerjr said:

Actually, I did not. Hope you are not affiliated there. I ordered from Pugmire. Krause added a market adjustment to my order (as did a couple other dealers), where Pugmire allowed me to order at sticker, without any dealer add-ons. I would have perferred Krause, as they are literally 7 minutes away, but ti save $3,000 was worth the drive to Cartersville....

Nope not affiliated and not really a fan either.  I’ve been taking my F150 to Shottenkirk in Jasper for service.  Getting ready to order a Nautilus but there aren’t a lot of Lincoln dealers nearby. 

59 minutes ago, akirby said:

Nope not affiliated and not really a fan either.  I’ve been taking my F150 to Shottenkirk in Jasper for service.  Getting ready to order a Nautilus but there aren’t a lot of Lincoln dealers nearby. 

They seemed a little put off (condescending?) that I would even ask them if they were charging Market Price or MSRP. I mean, I could understand it on dealer inventory, but I was talking about an order. I think the Sales Manager told me that since I was taking up an allotment I had to pay for that privilege. In their defense, they told me if I bought the Mercedes G-Wagon they had on a trade at the advertised price they would sell me my Ranger Lariat at sticker. It had a "we're doing you a favor to allow you to order through us" vibe.

Appreciate the info on Shottenkirk.

Pugmire was great for the order, and has been great on a couple small changes I made since the order. (hopefully that won't push me to the back of the line.) Now the difficult part of patience and hoping to get scheduled for production.

I have a reservation for a lightning as well, and just got the email that I was not in the first round, and could possibly be in round 2 (late summer or fall).

Good to know about Pugmire - was going to check with them on the Nautilus order.  I think we bought a leftover 2003 Aviator from them back in 2004.

Im used to buying with x plan but I’m not holding my breath for that even with an order right now.

Side note - when you order a vehicle the dealer receives incremental allocation - so it doesn’t reduce their stock allocation.  Might delay a stock order a few weeks though.

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

Good to know about Pugmire - was going to check with them on the Nautilus order.  I think we bought a leftover 2003 Aviator from them back in 2004.

I'm used to buying with x plan but I’m not holding my breath for that even with an order right now.

Side note - when you order a vehicle the dealer receives incremental allocation - so it doesn’t reduce their stock allocation.  Might delay a stock order a few weeks though.

Good to know as well. Appreciate your responses. Pugmire definitely has that small-town feeling dealer. Reminded me of my Ford dealer in PA, outside a town of about 5,000 people. Pugmire felt like 'we all need to make a living, and we treat our customers right."

1 hour ago, Jbrubakerjr said:

Good to know as well. Appreciate your responses. Pugmire definitely has that small-town feeling dealer. Reminded me of my Ford dealer in PA, outside a town of about 5,000 people. Pugmire felt like 'we all need to make a living, and we treat our customers right."

If that doesn’t work out, check out Chestatee in Dahlonega.  Bought my F150 there.  Worth the drive.  Super nice people.  Asked me what I wanted for my trade in - I told them what I thought was a fair wholesale price.  They said yes.  In and out in 2 hours including test drives.  Ask for Kevin.

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

If that doesn’t work out, check out Chestatee in Dahlonega.  Bought my F150 there.  Worth the drive.  Super nice people.  Asked me what I wanted for my trade in - I told them what I thought was a fair wholesale price.  They said yes.  In and out in 2 hours including test drives.  Ask for Kevin.

Will do! I did give Pugmire a down-payment, which is non-refundable, I would assume unless they just cannot get the vehicle delivered or some other issue with Ford. I have been working with Don there. They have told me they will give me $1500 more than my best offer (Carmax/KBB) on my trade. So gain, will see what happens when I finally get a delivery date. But they have been super responsive, as I said, especially with the couple changes I made after order and getting those changes. Added the Sport package (for the magnetic Trim), and missed that it changed the wheel size from 18" to 17". When I realized that, called and took the Sport package off and added the FX2 package (which is probably what I really wanted anyway for the suspension). All with no complaining, quick changes and confirmation (of the changes).

I went with Black, but really wanted a deeper red/burgandy - Don't like the race red, and can't find the hot pepper red metallic on anything around here to see that actual color. I think it may be a bit to orange for me... So classic Black...

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Good to know about Pugmire - was going to check with them on the Nautilus order. 

Im used to buying with x plan but I’m not holding my breath for that even with an order right now.

Let's hope you can avoid the BOF-Moderator ADM special deal,,,,,

HRG

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, akirby said:

Hey - I thought you were here in GA. Just a heads up, I thought that Pugmire Ford in Cartersville was on the up & up, but they hosed me on my order and would not refund my deposit. Long story, but really had to do a lot of convincing to get what the promised me originally. The conveniently could not find any copies of the DORA or COVP. Or the rebate. Glad I kept them.

Edited by Jbrubakerjr

55 minutes ago, Jbrubakerjr said:

Hey - I thought you were here in GA. Just a heads up, I thought that Pugmire Ford in Cartersville was on the up & up, but they hosed me on my order and would not refund my deposit. Long story, but really got screwed by them.

Bummer.  Guess I’ll stick with Chestatee.