Guesses on 2023 Aviator changes?

3 hours ago, acrocks said:

car steers itself in the lane on freeway as long as it detects hand on wheels every ~30 seconds

really enjoyed this on our ‘21 f-150 for long drives

I have the Volvo equivalent of this on my current XC60 -- it is nice for long interstate drives. I'm excited for CoPilot 2.0 though because it's apparently supposed to work without hands on wheel for most interstate highways. Definitely looking forward to whenever Ford releases the MY23 ordering guide.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The 2023 Aviator will NOT have Sync 4. Front and rear camera washers have been deleted.

Here is a video showing the Diamond Red Tri-coat on a GT. A sharp viewer will notice the people are walking backwards.?

Peter

Edited by peterk9

It's really nuts that Lincoln is slow-rolling the rollout of Sync 4 on its next-most-expensive model (the Aviator).

For Lincoln to expect people to shell out $70K and up for a 2023 Aviator that has still years-old infotainment/connectivity software--especially when Sync 4 is already available on a less-expensive sibling (the Nautilus)--is just piss-poor management.

Seriously, someone in Lincoln's upper hierarchy should get his or her butt kicked for this decision.

• Like 1

As far as I have read, a lot of the Aviator's problemas relate to the Sync system. Its possible that they are holding off on migrating to the next version ( and potentially encountering even more problems) till they have managed to stabilize on Sync3

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:08 AM, peterk9 said:

The 2023 Aviator will NOT have Sync 4. Front and rear camera washers have been deleted.

Here is a video showing the Diamond Red Tri-coat on a GT. A sharp viewer will notice the people are walking backwards.?

Peter

More decontenting, great job Ford.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:39 PM, antimony said:

As far as I have read, a lot of the Aviator's problemas relate to the Sync system. Its possible that they are holding off on migrating to the next version ( and potentially encountering even more problems) till they have managed to stabilize on Sync3

My experience with Sync3 has been pretty stable, so I don’t understand what is up with Lincoln’s version.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

sync 3 in our 2020 Explorer hasn't given us any issues.  

As far as removing the camera washers, this insane.  We use our rear camera washer quite a bit on our Explorer.  

Ford’s motto has increasingly been pay more and get less. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, Okladoug said:

The 12 way driver and passenger seats in the reserve are being downgraded to a 10 way driver and a 4 way passenger. They are continually removing standard items like fog lights and charging you for them or removing them altogether. 

If both were downgraded to 10 it might have been passable but 4 way passenger? That's insane... does it have manual recline too?