Gas mileage expectancy for EcoBoost

2011BlueFlame

Hi there,

I'm new the forum and looking at a 2014 Ford F150 Super Crew short box with the 3.5L EcoBoost.  I finally went to see the truck today and noticed that the L/100km seemed kind of bad (IMO); it is somewhere around 17.1L/100km (approx. 13mpg). I don't know much about these engines and was curious if this is "normal" consumption for the Ecoboost?! I had a '14 with the 5.0L years ago but cannot remember how the gas consumption was on it and thought this was a bit high for a V6.

I'm sure this is highly discussed but wanted opinions. I made an arrangement to pick it up for $17,250. There are some spots of paint missing and light scuffs on the dash from a dog, plus the passenger mirror is busted but still works. Oh, it also has 175,000 kms on it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by oxwhite2012

I have a 2018 2wd.  They did make some improvements between 2014 and 2018 and if it’s 4wd that will be lower, but I get 18-20 around town and 24-27 on the highway depending on speed.  You can’t go by the computer display - you don’t know how it was driven or when it was reset.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, akirby said:

I have a 2018 2wd.  They did make some improvements between 2014 and 2018 and if it’s 4wd that will be lower, but I get 18-20 around town and 24-27 on the highway depending on speed.  You can’t go by the computer display - you don’t know how it was driven or when it was reset.  

Thanks for the reply. This one is a 4wd so would expect it to be a bit lower than the 2wd. I highly doubt he has ever reset it and the fact that he has been pulling a 37' trailer since he owned it, may account for the high usage. He also admitted to a heavy foot.