Are you now considering an EV due to high gas prices?

ePony

My wife and I have been using daily driving cars have been battery powered since January 1999.  We have driven 329K miles on battery power since then.  My wife has not pumped gas for more than 20 years.  We currently have 3 plug in vehicles (one of them is nearly 20 years old and has batteries made in 2002) and have been waiting for our Mach E GT Performance since August.  Due to chip supply issues plaguing virtually all auto manufacturers, now not expected until June.  I will also add that for daily driving, I do not think we will ever own a gasoline powered vehicle ever again.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I traded my Hellcat in for a used Tesla Model S in Jan 2021 due to me moving out of the city.  My daily commute went from 2 miles round trip to 80 miles round trip each day.  After dropping 30k miles on the Tesla in a short time, I went and bought a new Mach-E in Nov 2021.  I have already hit 10k miles on this one.  I ran the numbers I have saved $1600  over the last 4 months and 10k miles on gas alone.  This does not include any maintenance costs such as oil changes..

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been considering a PHEV, but when I saw the Mach-E out on the road, I just fell in love and decided to go for it and placed an order. It will be replacing my Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I have a 80 mile round trip commute to work and I usually have to fill up my gas 2x a week, so I'm looking forward to just plugging in when I get home, and having "full tank" every morning. 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Once they make a Ranger-sized pickup I will!

As of now I’m planning to get a 2023 Ranger, but if they come out with an electric Ranger at a reasonable price I’d jump on it.  I rarely drive more than 50 miles a day.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
41 minutes ago, Daytona said:

Is Mach-E better than Model Y? My parents want to buy EV, but want Tesla. I like the Mach-E because of design.

Same here. Design is Mach-E's best attribute. It is the most stylish crossover type vehicle on the market today, much better than Model Y which looks like an ungainly blob by comparison. 

Model Y, like Tesla vehicles in general, has better system integration though. Also, the customer experience for fast charging via Tesla Supercharger network is far superior to the service providers that Ford lists in the FordPass app such as EA, ChargePoint, and EVgo.

Edited by rperez817