Documentation on Price Protection policy

patsmac14

Where can I find some written documentation on Fords Price Protection Policy?  I've searched this, another form, and google and can't find the specifics.  I placed an order for a King Ranch on 2/15.  At that time Ford.com's build tool did not have Adaptive steering listed as an option to add, it was listed as a standard item on both available equipment groups(still is as of this post). On 3/10 I added Adaptive steering to my order.  Today, 3/14, Adaptive steering is added to the build tool on Ford.com.  My original order qualified for price protection according to everything that I've seen.  I have not been scheduled, and do no have a VIN.  Will adding the Adaptive steering also add the 1500 dollar price increase?  Where can I find the documentation to bring to the dealer when the truck is delivered?

2 hours ago, patsmac14 said:

Where can I find some written documentation on Fords Price Protection Policy?  I've searched this, another form, and google and can't find the specifics.  I placed an order for a King Ranch on 2/15.  At that time Ford.com's build tool did not have Adaptive steering listed as an option to add, it was listed as a standard item on both available equipment groups(still is as of this post). On 3/10 I added Adaptive steering to my order.  Today, 3/14, Adaptive steering is added to the build tool on Ford.com.  My original order qualified for price protection according to everything that I've seen.  I have not been scheduled, and do no have a VIN.  Will adding the Adaptive steering also add the 1500 dollar price increase?  Where can I find the documentation to bring to the dealer when the truck is delivered?

Hi patsmac. Your question is a bit confusing (to me at least), so I will try to answer it this way: If adaptive steering was not included as either standard or optional equipment on the vehicle that was spec'd in your original order?

Then yes, you would need to pay for it if you are adding it now. 

Good luck.

I’m wondering about the price protection against the 1500$ increase in base cost.  Then there are two questions from there. 1) Adaptive steering was listed as standard on the ford.com web site for King Ranch, turns out you have to add it.  It was not in the build tool to add when I placed my order. I believed it was on the vehicle I built and ordered. Should I still need to pay for it?

2) If I do need to still pay for the addition, should I be required to pay for the 1500$ base cost increase? I relied on the information that ford and the dealer gave me. 

if I can resolve these questions in my favor, I’ll get the truck I thought I ordered for the price I originally agreed too.

I’m searching for answers and documentation supporting those answers 

Patsmac,

I've never seen where Adaptive Steering is included as standard equipment on a KR.  Can you point us to where?

And I guess I'm confused because you said it was listed as standard, then you felt the need to later add it to your order?

I also ordered a KR on 2/15/22, mine is a 600A.  I noticed that it was a Job # 2 order, and there were two new options that I had to decide that weren't yet on Ford's online pricing tool: Adaptive Steering and Auto Stop/Start Delete.  There was also a $1500 base price increase when it was all said and done.

My guess is that Job # 1 orders were closed by 2/15, so you have a Job # 2 order like me, and yes you'll be paying the $1500 base price increase and if you've added the option for Adaptive Steering you'll be paying for that too.

2 hours ago, mitch42 said:

Are we expected to pay off of the window sticker price or the price quoted on preview order when order was placed

TIA

You’re expected to pay whatever you and the dealer agreed to when you ordered.  How do you people not discuss this with your dealer?  

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

You’re expected to pay whatever you and the dealer agreed to when you ordered.  How do you people not discuss this with your dealer?  

I have not discussed this yet, as the way my dealer and I had talked I had kind of assumed it. I'm still early in the ordering process and will make sure to specifically bring this up soon. However, with the market possibly starting to drop would you want the price protection at this point? Although I know that is a big gamble so personally, I will opt for the protection to ensure price. My family has worked with this dealer for a long time and we work directly through the sales manager, and he and I have already discussed I am ok with MSRP but anything over will not be realistic for me to afford so not worried. 

54 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

I have not discussed this yet, as the way my dealer and I had talked I had kind of assumed it. I'm still early in the ordering process and will make sure to specifically bring this up soon. However, with the market possibly starting to drop would you want the price protection at this point? Although I know that is a big gamble so personally, I will opt for the protection to ensure price. My family has worked with this dealer for a long time and we work directly through the sales manager, and he and I have already discussed I am ok with MSRP but anything over will not be realistic for me to afford so not worried. 

Price protection is between Ford and the dealer and just means the dealer doesn’t have an excuse for raising your price. 

There is no way Ford will lower dealer invoice prices soon but even if they did, that’s between the dealer and Ford.  

Failing to negotiate a firm price in writing when you order puts you at the mercy of the dealer.  Too many of you assumed that you were getting MSRP.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is no way Ford will lower dealer invoice prices soon but even if they did, that’s between the dealer and Ford.  

The prices always go up and with all the factors affecting the industry, including the new supply chain issues out of Europe, I expect the recent pattern of frequent price increases to continue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Well its only been about 8 months since I placed my order and I just got my window sticker last week and it is $2380 more than my preview order that In got when I ordered the truck. Kinda like when I ordered it had the park assist that we discussed at that time but it looks like now I will not be getting that when truck shows up. Things change in my world not sure about yours.   Thanks for the response. 

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Thanks for this info. The order i signed has an $880 increase over my current WS. I should be price protected considering this is a retail order. I'll discuss with my dealer 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:43 PM, patsmac14 said:

Here is a screen shot from inside the Ford.com build tool.  I has been this way since well before my order on 2/15 and still reads this way today.  In the build tool, click on information button on either equipment group (600A or 601A)

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 12.17.36 PM.png

Nice, it still shows it today as well.  According to the Order Guide (last update I have seen is 1/3/22) Adaptive Steering is code 17A and is a Free Standing Option on both 600A and 6001A KR's.  It's my understanding that the Order Guide is always more accurate than the Build & Price tool.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:21 PM, betaiota said:

Nice, it still shows it today as well.  According to the Order Guide (last update I have seen is 1/3/22) Adaptive Steering is code 17A and is a Free Standing Option on both 600A and 6001A KR's.  It's my understanding that the Order Guide is always more accurate than the Build & Price tool.

That understanding is why I'm asking these questions.  Ford is telling us two different things in their official communications. When I placed my order, the build tool listed it as standard, and did not have it listed as an option to add. Currently, (I checked as I answered here)  the build tool lists it as standard (see screenshot above) and as a stand alone option to add for 1000 dollars.  Prices are getting so high that I'm looking at everything I can to drive the price down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:26 AM, akirby said:

Price protection is between Ford and the dealer and just means the dealer doesn’t have an excuse for raising your price. 

Failing to negotiate a firm price in writing when you order puts you at the mercy of the dealer.  Too many of you assumed that you were getting MSRP.

If I had an agreed price on a Lariat in August when I ordered and switched to a King Ranch in December am I only protected from the point I switched to King Ranch?   My dealer is offering the deal at List.  

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

If I had an agreed price on a Lariat in August when I ordered and switched to a King Ranch in December am I only protected from the point I switched to King Ranch?   My dealer is offering the deal at List. 

King Ranch is a new order so yes.

akirby, does this apply even if I have the same Order Number?  My Order Number remained the same from the Lariat to King Ranch. 

Thanks!!

Order number is meaningless.  Dealers use it to track their orders.  Some use it to identify the salesperson.  It’s not unique and Ford doesn’t use it.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Order number is meaningless.  Dealers use it to track their orders.  Some use it to identify the salesperson.  It’s not unique and Ford doesn’t use it.

Mmmmmm. When I called Ford Marketing to see was about any updates , they asked for the Order Number and Dealer Sales Code. 

Mmmmmm. When I called Ford Marketing to see was about any updates , they asked for the Order Number and Dealer Sales Code. 

If you don’t have a vin that’s the only way to find your order.  But that isn’t necessarily unique.  There may be 3 or 4 orders with those same numbers.  So if you ask cyberdman for tracking you have to provide the vehicle details so he can find it.  It’s an identifier but Ford doesn’t care what the dealer uses.