How many SD builds are currently in the queue at KTP?

Cglenn

I was wondering how many builds are currently in the queue at KTP? I have her numbers in the neighborhood of 270,000 but I don’t know if that is what is currently in the queue or if that is what has been built and scheduled to be built year to date. The reason I question this is that I look at some historical, non-Covid, production numbers for an entire MY and there were “only” 369,000 built in 2019.

9699238E-DFEC-440C-99D9-1E3C8F20C476.png

16 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

I was wondering how many builds are currently in the queue at KTP? I have her numbers in the neighborhood of 270,000 but I don’t know if that is what is currently in the queue or if that is what has been built and scheduled to be built year to date. The reason I question this is that I look at some historical, non-Covid, production numbers for an entire MY and there were “only” 369,000 built in 2019.

I just saw yesterday that the Super Duty order bank at KTP is 280,000 as of 3/14/2022.

• ice-capades changed the title to How many SD builds are currently in the queue at KTP?
24 minutes ago, ButlerDan said:

I just saw yesterday that the Super Duty order bank at KTP is 280,000 as of 3/14/2022.

That kinda ties into my question. I find it hard, but not impossible, that there is a backlog of 280k SD’s to be built considering on a non-Covid year they only built 370k total.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

That kinda ties into my question. I find it hard, but not impossible, that there is a backlog of 280k SD’s to be built considering on a non-Covid year they only built 370k total.

I agree, it is very interesting.  Are people really buying (or trying to buy) that many more Super Duty trucks this year because that is a lot of trucks to still be on order.

I think a complicating factor is the number of people that ordered multiple trucks from different dealers in an effort to hedge their bets and hope one gets built sooner.  Many dealers don't seem to be requiring deposits which makes it a no risk option for people placing orders.  Especially considering that the consensus seems to be that dealers don't mind if someone backs out and they get to sell the truck on the lot.

1 hour ago, Cglenn said:

I don't know but I think it's possible if you consider:

Ford has had to suspend or reduce production several times this model year putting them behind previous years.

They haven't been building many dealer stock or fleet orders due to priority being given to retail orders .  There have to be thousands of dealer stock orders in the system just to replenish lot inventory.  There are 3000 dealers just in the US, if they had an average of 25 trucks on order, that would be 75,000 right there.  Then who knows how many fleet orders on top of that.

1 hour ago, PineNut said:

I don't know but I think it's possible if you consider:

Ford has had to suspend or reduce production several times this model year putting them behind previous years.

They haven't been building many dealer stock or fleet orders due to priority being given to retail orders .  There have to be thousands of dealer stock orders in the system just to replenish lot inventory.  There are 3000 dealers just in the US, if they had an average of 25 trucks on order, that would be 75,000 right there.  Then who knows how many fleet orders on top of that.

It’s not possible, it’s guaranteed that dealers have a lot of stock orders in the order bank.  But I’m sure there are tens of thousands if not 100k+ retail orders as well.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:39 PM, akirby said:

Of course.  It includes all customer orders and all stock orders that have not yet been scheduled.

Do you think that it is possible to fulfill all of the customer orders before the next modle year?. It seems like there is a lot people waiting, myself included. 

I spoke to my dealer last week, they showed me that there is 19 trucks ahead of me. The only difference with my order, is that I am the only one at a priority 14....all others are a 19.....does that really make a difference??

18 minutes ago, dwpick1030 said:

Do you think that it is possible to fulfill all of the customer orders before the next modle year?. It seems like there is a lot people waiting, myself included. 

I spoke to my dealer last week, they showed me that there is 19 trucks ahead of me. The only difference with my order, is that I am the only one at a priority 14....all others are a 19.....does that really make a difference??

I would think yes unless you have any commodity restraints. If you do it may get looked over to the next with no issues?

15 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

I am priority 10 and next in-line. We will see tomorrow if I win the lottery

Hoping for the best for you. My dealer refuses to change priority number. Says it has nothing to do with order the trucks are built in. Frustrating to say the least. Been priority 19 since ordered 

41 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

It most likely won’t matter if loads of trucks in front of you. When you get closer to being picked it changes I believe. Ask your dealer how many ahead of you

I have 19 super duties ahead of me. I tried a couple of days ago to bump my request on the vehicle locator section of this site. I haven't had a reply.....wonder if it is classified as breaking the rules if I re bump it tomorrow morning. It hasn't been a week since I bumped my post, but it had been 10 days since a reply

1 hour ago, dwpick1030 said:

Do you think that it is possible to fulfill all of the customer orders before the next modle year?.

May I suggest that is a question to ask your dealer, as I did a couple of days ago.

He showed me a scheduling email from Ford that provided some information. Since I ordered in August, I still have a good chance of being built as a 22MY. I have a Canadian dealer, so it might be different in the US and/or other regions, hence the reason I suggest asking your dealer.

My F-450 is at the top of the dealer's queue of over 70 SD orders.

6 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

I have 19 super duties ahead of me. I tried a couple of days ago to bump my request on the vehicle locator section of this site. I haven't had a reply.....wonder if it is classified as breaking the rules if I re bump it tomorrow morning. It hasn't been a week since I bumped my post, but it had been 10 days since a reply

If you are unscheduled clean then you have to wait 2 weeks before you ask again. After this next round this week of trucks being scheduled I would ask your dealer again where you are in the queue. You and your dealer get an email when your order gets scheduled 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

May I suggest that is a question to ask your dealer, as I did a couple of days ago.

He showed me a scheduling email from Ford that provided some information. Since I ordered in August, I still have a good chance of being built as a 22MY. I have a Canadian dealer, so it might be different in the US and/or other regions, hence the reason I suggest asking your dealer.

My F-450 is at the top of the dealer's queue of over 70 SD orders.

Sounds very similar to my order except I have a US dealer.   I also ordered in August and at the top of my dealers list out of 75.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

I don’t know if they can build all the current orders, but if you are at priority 14 and all the others are 19 it means your truck will get scheduled first (if it can be built).  It means everything.