2023 Super Duty

jdaallen

2 hours ago, jdaallen said:

I’ve heard the the 2023 Super Duty will be a major redesigned model.  Anyone know or heard anything about this??

I haven't heard anything but then again, I have no inside connections, just read and ask questions.  I'd be surprised if 2023 is a major change since they did make a good many changes in 2020 and 2021.

18 hours ago, jdaallen said:

I’ve heard the the 2023 Super Duty will be a major redesigned model.  Anyone know or heard anything about this??

Not sure of a "MAJOR" Overhaul, but the rumors I've read are adding "Blue Cruise" and Redo of the Interior similar to the 2022 F-150 along with "minor" exterior changes.

1 hour ago, Havasu Guy said:

Not sure of a "MAJOR" Overhaul, but the rumors I've read are adding "Blue Cruise" and Redo of the Interior similar to the 2022 F-150 along with "minor" exterior changes.

Just think I personally would never use blue cruise not to mention who in their right mind wants a close to 7000# truck, which would most likely be towing a significant load, driving itself down the freeway???? 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cglenn said:

Just think I personally would never use blue cruise not to mention who in their right mind wants a close to 7000# truck, which would most likely be towing a significant load, driving itself down the freeway???? 

Completely agree, if I'm behind the wheel, I want to be driving.  There are just too many variables.  There are some of the new features that I don't mind, lane change, auto-cruise adjustment, BLIS, etc., but I'll keep my hands on the wheel, thanks.

9 hours ago, CBears said:

Completely agree, if I'm behind the wheel, I want to be driving.  There are just too many variables.  There are some of the new features that I don't mind, lane change, auto-cruise adjustment, BLIS, etc., but I'll keep my hands on the wheel, thanks.

I LOVE adaptive cruise

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, road turtle said:

I LOVE adaptive cruise

I agree, my wife’s 21 F-150 has adaptive cruise and lane keeping, if the truck is fighting you all the time you probably just don’t know where you are in your lane as much as you think you do. ( I think that’s why she hates it) I used to tell her all the time she’s gonna drive right off the road lol. 

• Haha 1

I suspect the ‘major redesign’ they everyone was thinking will happen for the 2023’s won’t happen. They can’t even build all the 2022 orders they have now. Strictly speculation on my part but, I think it’s going to be pushed out to 2024. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 11:07 PM, CBears said:

That and the max recline seats? Fill the tank, take a nap, and arrive refreshed.  Hahaha

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:58 AM, rxwoody said:

I agree, my wife’s 21 F-150 has adaptive cruise and lane keeping, if the truck is fighting you all the time you probably just don’t know where you are in your lane as much as you think you do. ( I think that’s why she hates it) I used to tell her all the time she’s gonna drive right off the road lol. 

Bad when you go through a construction zone and the lines are all over, though.

Edited by 4thTimer

I WILL NEVER HAVE A DRIVERS ASSIST/AUTO PILOT/ADAPTIVE HELPER STEERING OR WHATEVER  ON ANY OF MY VEHICLES. IF I HAVE THE option I will never have any of that technology on my truck. [[damn cap lock button?]] 

Been driving 30 years with no help other than power steering and done just fine. Never once in my life have I ever said "sure wish my truck would help me drive".???

I'm still upset that my tails work off a 5v module rather than 12v to switch/wire to bulb, right off the fuse block.????

3 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I WILL NEVER HAVE A DRIVERS ASSIST/AUTO PILOT/ADAPTIVE HELPER STEERING OR WHATEVER  ON ANY OF MY VEHICLES. IF I HAVE THE option I will never have any of that technology on my truck. [[damn cap lock button?]] 

Been driving 30 years with no help other than power steering and done just fine. Never once in my life have I ever said "sure wish my truck would help me drive".???

I'm still upset that my tails work off a 5v module rather than 12v to switch/wire to bulb, right off the fuse block.????

These videos are cute, but the real data shows Teslas autopilot accident rate is a fraction of actual human drivers.  They have billions of miles of data.  When ever I drive my wife’s Model Y it’s the first thing I turn on.  I LOVE it.  Especially in stop and go traffic jams.  I can just sit back and watch.  It’s f’ing awesome.  In thousands of miles of using it I only ever had to take control once, last week actually.  35mph on a residential road, there was a “chicane” s-turn in the road that also opened up a middle turn lane and it got confused.  Maybe it would’ve figured it out but I clicked it off before I could find out.  

Supposedly Blue Cruise is just as good, but it has to be on established/mapped roads.  

Edited by MAFFS89

8 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Disclaimer: Tesla Model 3 owner w/o self driving capability

I welcome the day that the technology AND laws allow the computer take over and do the driving.  I would love to sleep through big parts of long road trips.   Until then, I'll take whatever technology assistance I can turn on/off at my pleasure and do so.

Having said that, those videos are a love/hate.   I love seeing them because they illustrate the progress and pitfalls of the tech.  That video you linked is from late 2019 and without a doubt the current tech is a significant improvement. Unfortunately, these drivers are not operating the cars as intended (most probably don't) and deliberately (or ignorantly) put them in situations in which they are likely to fail. 

Depends on who's at fault in an accident.  "If I can say, sorry Blue Cruise was on. You'll have to sue Ford."  Then I'm ok with it. Most likely it will be the insurance companies that make the decision there though. 

Edited by 4thTimer

On 3/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, Cglenn said:

Right, I don’t even trust adaptive cruise while towing let alone the thing driving itself. 

19 minutes ago, Montana85 said:

Right, I don’t even trust adaptive cruise while towing let alone the thing driving itself. 

I don't mind adaptive cruise when towing the fifth wheel. I pay the same amount of attention to what it's doing as I do not towing.

33 minutes ago, Montana85 said:

Yeah its nice I just don’t like how it hammers the breaks to keep the set distance when someone jumps in front of you on the interstate. Other than that I love it!

I normally have my wife to tell me I'm "getting too close to the guy in front of us, slow down".  Hahaha, don't need something automated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Montana85 said:

Saw a GM ad the other day with the FSD hands off features in their trucks. One part showed it with a double axle travel trailer too. 

Once the world figures out how to make the damn automatic soap dispensers in the restrooms work without me having to flip flicker and shake my hands back forth 20 times looking like I'm practicing gang signs just to get a drop of soap........well....then I may consider not disliking the auto help drive car technology.?

• Haha 2