Ford Pass APP

• 3 weeks later...

I will tell you it can be very helpful.  Went to wife's corporate holiday party.  Top shelf event with top shelf alcohol.  Dropped the wife off at the front of the hotel while I went and found a parking lot nearby to park (I'm OCD with my cars and don't valet ever).  5 hours later I could not remember where I parked as we came out a different entrance and I had never been to the area.  Ford Pass app located my 21 Edge and you can send that to Google Maps.  Wife put Google maps in walking mode and got directions right to the car.  That alone was worth it lol.

1 hour ago, sigp228 said:

I will tell you it can be very helpful.  Went to wife's corporate holiday party.  Top shelf event with top shelf alcohol.  Dropped the wife off at the front of the hotel while I went and found a parking lot nearby to park (I'm OCD with my cars and don't valet ever).  5 hours later I could not remember where I parked as we came out a different entrance and I had never been to the area.  Ford Pass app located my 21 Edge and you can send that to Google Maps.  Wife put Google maps in walking mode and got directions right to the car.  That alone was worth it lol.

Just fyi - Google maps will do that on its own.

3 hours ago, jflottawa said:

Regardless of whether it was a “top shelf” party or not. ?

Here is what my wife saw when she looked at my timeline.  Yes the car was somewhere in there.  When I parked it, I knew exactly which direction and street I took.  I had every intention to only have a drink or two but when it's top shelf stuff I like AND free, I found I drank more than I planned.  However 4 hours later and the alcohol combined with a different entrance, lets just say my navigation skills would have been less than stellar.  I would have eventually found it I am sure but not after a few tries probably.  Wife wasn't having it walking around for blocks in heels.  

image.thumb.png.32b234dc0d2c56a800783e02f9d2e99c.png

Just saying Google doesn't always record the exact spot your phone has been.  Especially if you have never been there before.  I was just happy the app simply let you send the vehicle location to maps and turn on walking mode to direct my wife to the car.  Since she was sober she was driving home anyway.  Literally by sending the location followed the breadcrumbs right to it.