Testing Commodity Restraint Removal

MedTJ3

Had a conversation with my dealer on the commodity restraints for specific items. They were told by their Ford Rep to have customers remove items that are restrained. So I removed the 5th Wheel Prep and Bed Liner, obviously I can do those local. I ordered awhile ago and updated this on Tuesday 15 March. I did not receive an email yesterday about being scheduled so, week one, no success. However, I will keep it without the two items and then let you all know how my luck turns out!

2022 F-250 King Ranch 6.7 TD Ultimate

On 3/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, MedTJ3 said:

Had a conversation with my dealer on the commodity restraints for specific items. They were told by their Ford Rep to have customers remove items that are restrained. So I removed the 5th Wheel Prep and Bed Liner, obviously I can do those local. I ordered awhile ago and updated this on Tuesday 15 March. I did not receive an email yesterday about being scheduled so, week one, no success. However, I will keep it without the two items and then let you all know how my luck turns out!

2022 F-250 King Ranch 6.7 TD Ultimate

My dealer called me to do the same a couple of weeks ago.  He also called all of the other orders that were ahead of me to do the same.  After last week's scheduling runs, I went from 17 SDs ahead of me to 4 ahead of me.  Crossing my fingers to be scheduled this week!

5 hours ago, Glenn in AZ said:

My dealer called me to do the same a couple of weeks ago.  He also called all of the other orders that were ahead of me to do the same.  After last week's scheduling runs, I went from 17 SDs ahead of me to 4 ahead of me.  Crossing my fingers to be scheduled this week!

I hope it works. I’m in the DC area so my dealer doesn’t have that many SD orders. However, I also didn’t ask where I was positioned. I’m going to shoot him a message to check! 

Edited by MedTJ3

So I did get an update from my dealer. I’ve learned a lot from this forum and he helped where I was mistaken. So for my order, they placed me at priority 15, because their next lowest was 16. So that will actually help getting selected from at least my dealer level. Next, and one thing I have always read on here but kept over looking, is the allocation amount. He said his dealership per ordering week is allocated 10 vehicles. Being that mine is their highest priority vehicle and we removed the constraints, it should be getting picked up this week. Today or tomorrow. 

So heads up to you all, it might not even be a Ford issue that your not getting picked up. From his explanation, if your a 19 which is a pretty standard priority and they have 40 orders already and they have an allocation amount of 10, you’re already looking at about 4 weeks to get scheduled. I’ll keep you updated.