2022 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed Order

As an owner of an 06 Lariat, and a 2018 Lariat my wife and I are loyal Super Duty fans. .

Living more than a mile down a shabby dirt road with travel to civilization a solid 2-3hrs in any direction reliable, capable, 4x4 transportation is essential. 
I wanted to buy a new truck since 2020 but was told by Dealerships to “wait for COVID to end.” Because nobody was working I believed it. 
So I finally go to the Dealership and had to emphasize I needed to place the order and that I had already done so online but needed a dealership to lock it in. 
The dealership placed the order from Northern CA on Feb 15, 2022, and I received  a confirmation email that day from Ford in Dearborn MI. 

Not a word since and I wondering approximately how long is this wait?

618FB1ED-225F-4970-8502-22BC9B0BDA8E.jpeg

D51DAEE0-3CB7-4141-B340-846250F40799.jpeg

50F23836-66B3-47C6-B983-83EC590E3E2F.png

• ice-capades changed the title to 2022 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed Order

Hello Farmer, the wait is dependent on many factors, I don't think anyone can answer your question as there are too many unknowns.  However, I can share my experience, I ordered an F350 King Ranch on Dec 7th, after a month, Ford notified dealer that if I could drop AS, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner, I could get scheduled.  Sure enough, I got scheduled soon after dropping those three options in Early January, now my truck is in production.  See my signature, I have many details as to what I have on order.

• Like 1

In addition to chip shortages, Ford is also having issues with numerous parts suppliers, so have a number of commodity restraints. You can read some of the older posts, as the regular culprits are frequently discussed. However, in addition to commodity restraints you also have to consider how many Super Duty orders are ahead of yours at your dealer. My dealer is one of our highest volume dealers locally, with over 70 Super Dutys on order.

I ordered in August and didn't reach the top of my dealer's queue until December. My truck only got scheduled last Thursday, so it will be over 8-months from order to delivery. Many are even longer, taking up to a year.

The best place to ask for updates is your dealer, who should provide you with customer service.

Hope you don't have to wait as long as me and many others.

• Like 1

Thank You Toolman, and Ranger! 
Our nation is sure a mess! When we made everything here in the US we did not have these issues. Not only does having US manufacturing allow us to obtain products in a timely manner but it employs folks who since 1979 are now unemployed, on drugs and depressed with no path to sustainability in life. 

Meanwhile China has lifted one Billion citizens out of poverty and has produced more ‘Unicorn Companies’ (earning $1B annually) since 2016 than the United States has since 1971. 
There is a direct line from rich businesses  sending jobs overseas to the abject poverty, homelessness, and drug addiction we see daily in the USA. In addition the exodus of manufacturing was made possible by US Politicians who gave tax credits to those relocating outside of the US. 
this coupled with China’s incentives, free land, no EPA, unlimited workforce, low wages, lower taxes than USA created the exodus we endure now. 
its a sad day when we rely on China for everything.  Hell we dont even manufacture any prescriptions millions require daily. 
sorry for the rant and I appreciate the help

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ROTFLMAOOO 

Yeah! The status is exactly the same as the day I ordered: absolutely No Progress! We even reached out to Ford Trucks on Twitter and when they got back to me they verified I had placed the order but no build date or any progress whatsoever. We sent emails asking if there was an option or three that may be holding up production stating we would drop that if needed but absolutely nothing in response. 
we recently were in Alaska and they had USED super duty’s on the lot 2020, & 2021 Platinums  similar to what we ordered but wanted $95k for the 21 so we walked.  
this is absolutely a travesty fueled by the Biden administration as I even offered to buy electric 150 in the meantime but was told Ford has closed all orders for these. All the batteries come from China and US corporations can not acquire any at this time “due to backlogs” they claim. 
Thank You for asking 

I forgot to say congratulations on your truck! What package did you order? 

and from what dealership?
also most importantly I think the dealership matters and I obviously used the wrong one. 

Edited by FarmerWill

55 minutes ago, FarmerWill said:

Yeah! The status is exactly the same as the day I ordered: absolutely No Progress! We even reached out to Ford Trucks on Twitter and when they got back to me they verified I had placed the order but no build date or any progress whatsoever. We sent emails asking if there was an option or three that may be holding up production stating we would drop that if needed but absolutely nothing in response. 
we recently were in Alaska and they had USED super duty’s on the lot 2020, & 2021 Platinums  similar to what we ordered but wanted $95k for the 21 so we walked.  
this is absolutely a travesty fueled by the Biden administration as I even offered to buy electric 150 in the meantime but was told Ford has closed all orders for these. All the batteries come from China and US corporations can not acquire any at this time “due to backlogs” they claim. 
Thank You for asking 

I forgot to say congratulations on your truck! What package did you order? 

and from what dealership?
also most importantly I think the dealership matters and I obviously used the wrong one. 

FarmerWill,

Looks like you Ordered on February15. 2022

I have a very similar build as yours, except in Star White...I Ordered on October 25, 2021

I'm been at "Priority 2" since January 10, 2022

I am already sitting at over 6 months since Order Date and still have not been scheduled.

I would not get your hopes up for a quick build...You may have a long wait

• Like 1

Thank You Havasu Guy! 
I knew when I ordered it was going to take time but waiting 6months to a year is ridiculous for any vehicle. After all its a Ford not a hand crafted Lambo, Bugatti, or other multi million dollar ride. 
When we made Auto Parts in the USA this was never an issue

Hello aKirby, hope you're well 

nobody is taking political jabs but rather stating the absolute truth. 
not “disinformation, nor misinformation”

however you slice it the current administration has financial interest in China and regardless of whatever narrative is put forth it is the blue collar working Americans who have suffered this planned catastrophe the hardest. 
if you feel you must defend China so be it

Just talked w the Dealership they are 100% wanting to sell me the vehicle but can not force Ford to build on any date. I offered to work with them if there was an option holding up manufacture. I was also informed Ford closed down 2 factories, and that the world’s largest chip supplier’s Plant recently burned to the ground.
I am fortunate enough to be driving an 18’ with under 100k mi in the meantime and have resigned myself that because these are crazy times we live in I will just be grateful the order is in and hope Ford builds this request. 

From what I have witnessed from here to Alaska is the fact one can no longer order a new Super Duty, nor the electric Lighting F-150.

One would be hard pressed not to notice this is the first time since WWII that Americans have experienced such shortages and the catastrophic results which accompany failure. 

1 hour ago, FarmerWill said:

Hello aKirby, hope you're well 

nobody is taking political jabs but rather stating the absolute truth. 
not “disinformation, nor misinformation”

however you slice it the current administration has financial interest in China and regardless of whatever narrative is put forth it is the blue collar working Americans who have suffered this planned catastrophe the hardest. 
if you feel you must defend China so be it

Strike 2.  This is not the place to make political comments.  Last warning.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FarmerWill said:

Just talked w the Dealership they are 100% wanting to sell me the vehicle but can not force Ford to build on any date. I offered to work with them if there was an option holding up manufacture. I was also informed Ford closed down 2 factories, and that the world’s largest chip supplier’s Plant recently burned to the ground.
I am fortunate enough to be driving an 18’ with under 100k mi in the meantime and have resigned myself that because these are crazy times we live in I will just be grateful the order is in and hope Ford builds this request. 

From what I have witnessed from here to Alaska is the fact one can no longer order a new Super Duty, nor the electric Lighting F-150.

One would be hard pressed not to notice this is the first time since WWII that Americans have experienced such shortages and the catastrophic results which accompany failure. 

Most of the supply chain issues have nothing to do with China or Biden.  Lightnings are sold out because they were super popular.  You should have reserved one the day it was announced.  The factory fire was last year and it’s already back online.  There are 37 different suppliers having issues.  It’s a complicated issue.  Stop making it political.

• Like 4