Canada's CP Rail Shuts Down, Workers Strike

Canada's CP Rail Shuts Down Railroad, Workers Strike

CP had notified the union on Wednesday that it would lock out employees on Sunday, barring a breakthrough in talks on a deal covering pensions, pay and benefits. 

Full article available at FoxNews.com

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/canadas-cp-rail-shuts-down-railroad-workers-strike

CP-Rail-1A.jpg

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Canada's CP Rail Shuts Down Railroad, Workers Strike

CP had notified the union on Wednesday that it would lock out employees on Sunday, barring a breakthrough in talks on a deal covering pensions, pay and benefits. 

Full article available at FoxNews.com

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/canadas-cp-rail-shuts-down-railroad-workers-strike

CP-Rail-1A.jpg

At OAC we are serviced by CN RAIL that still doesn’t mean that other parts manufacturers don’t use CP. They could use CP then use trucks to bring certain parts to the plant so this might be interesting. All our stuff from Buffalo Stamping is sent by CN. 

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Window sticker on my Transit Connect shows "CA2P" as ramp, which I believe is near St.Paul, Minnesota. Both Canadian Pacific (CP) and BNSF have automotive facilities there, anybody know if "CA2P" is a CP or BNSF facility?

According to this spreadsheet from Ford-trucks.com it is the Cottage grove Ramp operated by Canadian Pacific.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFdPnCn3ecHk1ioXKJ3Cc1p3snlOfXSh3MXswVtsahw/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

OAC used to use CN and CP many years ago but it’s only CN. I hope this doesn’t affect those waiting for new vehicles because I know CP RAIL operates in the US with SOO rail.

CN has more US trackage and trackage rights in the US than CP does including in Wisconsin and Michigan UP where the majority of the Soo Line is. Don't forget CN (at the moment at least) owns Wisconsin Central. That's a big part of why CP is trying to merge with KCS, plus a direct route to Mexico. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

CN has more US trackage and trackage rights in the US than CP does including in Wisconsin and Michigan UP where the majority of the Soo Line is. Don't forget CN (at the moment at least) owns Wisconsin Central. That's a big part of why CP is trying to merge with KCS, plus a direct route to Mexico. 

Thanks Fuzzy.  My hometown had a Soo Line and Burlington Northern rail lines.  Now both are gone.  The old soo line track was converted to a trail.  I didn’t know that CP had bought Soo Line up.  Apparently there are still a couple locomotives with the old red and white hockey stick paint scheme I remember growing up.

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thanks for the info. I was unaware that CN owns Wisconsin Central. All these acquisitions to make the companies bigger and more powerful.