Active Park Assist 2.0 removal

travman1974

My November 21 order came up as Unschedule - Compatibility I contacted my salesman and he wasn't sure what the issue was. After some sleuthing on several of the forums I found out that Ford is removing the Active Park Assist 2.0 and replacing it with a prep kit.  Similar to what they did recently on the F-150.  Doesn't seem that Ford has provided the dealers with much information at this point. 

If you are still waiting for a build date, check with your dealer to make sure they update your order to remove Active Park Assist 2.0.  There will be a $325 credit on the invoice. 

On 3/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, travman1974 said:

My November 21 order came up as Unschedule - Compatibility I contacted my salesman and he wasn't sure what the issue was. After some sleuthing on several of the forums I found out that Ford is removing the Active Park Assist 2.0 and replacing it with a prep kit.  Similar to what they did recently on the F-150.  Doesn't seem that Ford has provided the dealers with much information at this point. 

If you are still waiting for a build date, check with your dealer to make sure they update your order to remove Active Park Assist 2.0.  There will be a $325 credit on the invoice. 

I know this is in the mach E forum but it applies to f150 buyers too.  So I have been looking for documentation that it has actually been replaced with a prep kit.  I have seen the news releases and posts here that it will be removed and a credit applied.  Does anyone have documentation that it is actually something that we will ever be able to get added back to my build that is happening in the next few weeks?  I heard rumors on another forum that there is a plan of it being added within the year, but with ford speculating that the chip shortage will run well into next year I don't know how much to believe that.  I get why they did it and have no resentments.  If they can get my my truck without it in the next few months I will be happy, but just would love to also have the full functionality of what I ordered.  

This was the information that my dealer provided me. 

A semiconductor shortage has impacted the ability to produce the vehicle with the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature. In an effort to get the all-electric 22MY Mustang Mach-E SUV to your customers sooner the vehicle will be produced and delivered without Active Park Assist 2.0 and instead has an Active Park Assist Prep Kit.

Description:

• Active Park Assist 2.0 - a handsfree experience which takes over shifting, steering, braking and acceleration to help navigate into a parallel or perpendicular space.
  • Active Park Assist Prep Kit - enables the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature to be purchased and installed by your Ford Dealer at a later date. (Note: the module post-purchase price including installation is under investigation along with the estimated timing for when parts will be available). All vehicles with the Active Park Assist Prep Kit will receive $325 credit and will be reflected on the window sticker for the removal of Active Park Assist 2.0. This is reflected on the window label as "ACTIVE PARK ASSIST PREP KIT".

Thanks,  I will have to see if that is true with the f150.   My window sticker shows active park assist removal and a credit but no prep kit.  Guess they may not have it for the f150. I will talk to my dealer.  Not that it will make a difference in whether I take it or not.

I have a build week of 3/21.  I have seen numerous people in the build thread talk about their window sticker being updated from Active Park Assist to the Active prep kit with a $325 credit. Although my window sticker was updated after the prep kit was added to others in my build thread, mine never changed.  I wish I could give it up so I can get the hands free lift gate as I will probably rarely ever use the park assit.