factory SD upgrades or options you would like to see in the future....

What realistic or dream options or upgrades would you like to see the SD to have in the next gen models?

Few things I would like to see offered that I would get or consider if fairly priced would be.

2nd factory fuel tank option like the old trucks.

Factory High performance options, headers, cam, exhaust, procharger ect ect, on any trim level. (no warranty issues)

factory fuel tank gauge for aux tank (in the dash cluster with other gauges)

Dream option here....2 speed rear end like the big trucks have... maybe a 4.56 that drops to a 3.40 or something like that...

And bring back the manual transmission!

What would you like to see? 

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
Change title

18 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

What realistic or dream options or upgrades would you like to see the SD to have in the next gen models?

Few things I would like to see offered that I would get or consider if fairly priced would be.

Factory High performance options, headers, cam, exhaust, procharger ect ect, on any trim level. (no warranty issues)

Dream option here....2 speed rear end like the big trucks have... maybe a 4.56 that drops to a 3.40 or something like that...

Don't really care about high performance options or manual transmission.

Would like to see an 8 cylinder eco-boost for sure.  

Would like to see some of the lariat and higher options available as add-ons.  Would have paid for a leather wrapped steering wheel and LED lights separately for example, but wasn't going to shell out an additional 7K for them.

HUD would be nice to have.

I would like individual options instead of everything being in a package.   It would be nice to get the sway bar without having to get the camper package that also adds stiffer springs on the f250.   I would also like to be able to select front springs to taylor the ride quality and ride height.  Bucket seats and console on lower trim packages would be nice also.

23 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I think all of these are great especially the extra tank and manual. 

I don’t understand why they even took out the manual as an option

28 minutes ago, Joeprima said:

I think all of these are great especially the extra tank and manual. 

I don’t understand why they even took out the manual as an option

Hard for a manual to live behind the torque numbers being made although I think meeting emission standards is the main reason why everything is automatic.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

1. 8kw, 10kw or 12kw engine driven or PTO driven generator with 240V and 120V outlets in bed.

2. Auto up and down windows on rear doors of crew cab

3. electric locking front axle or limited slip option like what comes with Tremor

4. Factory tinted front windows

5. On board memory that can record from all cameras at same time, maybe 1 hour then overwrite.  No need to buy an aftermarket dash camera and miss a ton of things going on around us, roads are full of idiots and maniacs

I'll keep thinking...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, westernsky said:

Hard for a manual to live behind the torque numbers being made although I think meeting emission standards is the main reason why everything is automatic.

There was no longer a mpg advantage to the manual in addition to the torque limitations.  

The OP posted a good question. I've had my F-350 a little over a month now and I can see some differences between what I had before (2008 Duramax 2500HD), and what I would like to have in my F-350. One thing is steering response. My Duramax had a much better feel for the road and steering response than my current F-350. I didn't get the Adaptive steering because it was one of those taboo options even when I ordered the truck back in September. But my question is, why does Ford make this an option? It should be standard in every Ford.

Next is BLIS (Blind Spot Information System). I wish it would give an audible alert as well as flashing the yellow mirror icon. Although I try to make sure I look over my shoulder before changing lanes, it's still hard to see out the side sometimes and a audible alert would be nice.

I have the customer installed camera option for the trailer that I will need to install once I get the trailer out of storage. It would have made it MUCH easier if they would have made that camera wireless instead of the necessity of running a long cable from the truck bed all the way to the back of the trailer. A wireless camera in the back, a receiver to plug into the Sync 4 camera/display system, and there you go. No cables to run and a much neater and easier installation.

My F-350 comes with 5 freaking cameras. One in the front, two on the side mirrors, one overlooking the bed, and another in the tailgate but they didn't think of a "Dash Cam" feature to record video as you are going down the road?

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but there are some things that are "Why didn't Ford Do This?" thoughts. I'm sure I will have more to add to the list later.

EDIT: Next thing to add. Lane Keeping Assist on the Ford SD is a joke, it really is. I mean really, vibrate the steering wheel as if you were hitting the rumble strips? Lane keeping assist is like what my wife's Subaru Forester has, where it actually nudges you back in the center if you get too far left or right. Not a lame wheel vibrator. So Ford could definitely improve that system quite a bit.

And I'm sorry, but the so called "B&O Premium Sound" on my F-350 really sucks. The BOSE Premium sound I had on my 2008 Duramax was at least 3 times better. So Ford definitely needs to dump B&O and get someone who knows how to do car audio. One of the first things I plan on adding after recovering from adding some of the other accessories is buying a set of JL Audio C1-690 speakers from Crutchfield to replace the main front speakers, and the C1-650x for the back. From what I've read on other forums, that will make a big improvement in the sound quality without needing to replace the amplifier. 

Edited by AtlasBlue350
  • Like 1

Tailgate ajar indicator. I've literally pulled over dozens of times to make sure my tailgate was closed; cant see it over the tonneau cover.

Better inverter than the junk 400w they come with. Its junk. Needs 1000w min, pure sine, that can charge power tool batteries.

I think the generator would be nice, but more of a novelty. I cant see having my V8 (gas or diesel) idling for hours on end to to give me a few thousand watts of power...

• Like 1