2022MY Important Retail Order Bank Update

ice-capades

2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) Important Retail Order Bank Update

• After April 1, 2022 - Ford will no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders.

KEY DATES

• April 1, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EST to submit new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders
  • April 8, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EST for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) scheduling

Ford will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders pending supply/commodity availability. 

• WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after April 1, 2022
    • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed

• New customer retail orders will once again be accepted with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) order banks later this year
  • More information about 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) will be shared at a later date

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Foxxgen said:

What does this mean in terms of the fact that the vehicle option 17M has yet to be enabled in the WBDO system? Are they shutting the banks then opening the option?

I just checked the WBDO system again and the Lariat Black Appearance Package without Spray-In Bedliner (17M) is NOW AVAILABLE! 

There has been no notice from Ford that the option was now enabled and available in WBDO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LabCrazy said:

KR 250 ordered19 weeks this week.   Updates are scarce.  At what point does it make sense to wait on the 2023?

Have you asked your dealer for updates, as they have all the information readily available. I receive a weekly email with a screen shot of the VVR. When I finally got scheduled after 28 weeks, the Sales Manager sent me a text when on his days off.

Ice-C, any guess from your past experience for when Ford might open the order bank for 2023 models? I plan to order an Escape plug-in, and want to try to place the order as early as possible once the 2023 bank opens. I realize that the 2023 Escape is supposed to be refreshed, so that might complicate things even more.

2 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Have you asked your dealer for updates, as they have all the information readily available. I receive a weekly email with a screen shot of the VVR. When I finally got scheduled after 28 weeks, the Sales Manager sent me a text when on his days off.

Hi Ranger

I've reached out several times, and although they have been really nice, they can give me no answers.

I learned here several weeks ago about removing long lead time items and went in to remove the spray in bed liner and bed cover as I can have both done locally.  I asked why they didn't reach out proactively, and I was told that "we don't do that".

I made an other call today and was told that the sales manager would get back to me with updates....no call back yet.   Almost like they are trying to make me walk away and then they can sell it on the lot at a big premium.

4 hours ago, LabCrazy said:

Hi Ranger

I've reached out several times, and although they have been really nice, they can give me no answers.

I learned here several weeks ago about removing long lead time items and went in to remove the spray in bed liner and bed cover as I can have both done locally.  I asked why they didn't reach out proactively, and I was told that "we don't do that".

I made an other call today and was told that the sales manager would get back to me with updates....no call back yet.   Almost like they are trying to make me walk away and then they can sell it on the lot at a big premium.

This is a copy of what I receive from the salesman the Manager assigns to keep me informed. I receive this every Monday. It takes seconds for them to provide this info and if I walk into the dealership he will call it up on his computer and show me.

Your 2022 Ford F-450 factory order status has changed. Please see the latest update from Ford Canada:

Status

ETA

Order No

Body Code

VIN

Vehicle Line

Primary

Secondary

Vehicle Location

Status Date / Time

Start Date

End Date

ETA Disposition

A832

W4D

VIN# 

F-series SD

In Order Processing

Scheduled to Day (2022-04-08)

Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY

Mar-28-2022

TBD

TBD

N/A

Vehicle`s Current Status: BUILD TIME NOW SCHEDULE TO *DAY* - DATE OF PRODUCTION: - APRIL 8TH, 2022.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

15 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

This is a copy of what I receive from the salesman the Manager assigns to keep me informed. I receive this every Monday. It takes seconds for them to provide this info and if I walk into the dealership he will call it up on his computer and show me.

Your 2022 Ford F-450 factory order status has changed. Please see the latest update from Ford Canada:

Status

ETA

Order No

Body Code

VIN

Vehicle Line

Primary

Secondary

Vehicle Location

Status Date / Time

Start Date

End Date

ETA Disposition

A832

W4D

VIN# 

F-series SD

In Order Processing

Scheduled to Day (2022-04-08)

Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY

Mar-28-2022

TBD

TBD

N/A

Vehicle`s Current Status: BUILD TIME NOW SCHEDULE TO *DAY* - DATE OF PRODUCTION: - APRIL 8TH, 2022.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Just off the phone with my dealer.   They went into the system and said that the order is "clean" and looks good.   Nothing schedule date.  When I presses, I was promised a follow up call tomorrow.    I picked up on the dealer frustration, but when they tell me that "a friend of theirs" had to wait 14 months for a truck they ordered through Ford like it is supposed to make me feel good, it has the opposite effect.   

They did tell me that Ford said no new orders as of 4/1/2022

21 minutes ago, LabCrazy said:

Just off the phone with my dealer.   They went into the system and said that the order is "clean" and looks good.   Nothing schedule date.  When I presses, I was promised a follow up call tomorrow.    I picked up on the dealer frustration, but when they tell me that "a friend of theirs" had to wait 14 months for a truck they ordered through Ford like it is supposed to make me feel good, it has the opposite effect.   

No new orders as of 04/01/2022 means no NEW orders. It has nothing to do with existing retail factory orders. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ice-capades said:

No new orders as of 04/01/2022 means no NEW orders. It has nothing to do with existing retail factory orders. 

Thanks ice-capades for the clarification.  I appreciate it.   

I've seen it mentioned here that the factory will sometimes cancel orders.  Should I be worried about that?

35 minutes ago, LabCrazy said:

Thanks ice-capades for the clarification.  I appreciate it.   

I've seen it mentioned here that the factory will sometimes cancel orders.  Should I be worried about that?

I've seen Ford cancel scheduled stock orders but don't recall having a scheduled retail order cancelled by Ford. Even so, it doesn't happen often and there's usually no reason noted in the Vehicle Visibility report. Finding the cause would require the assistance of the Ford regional office but it's easy to replace a stock order. It's not worth worrying about, especially for retail orders. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I've seen Ford cancel scheduled stock orders but don't recall having a scheduled retail order cancelled by Ford. Even so, it doesn't happen often and there's usually no reason noted in the Vehicle Visibility report. Finding the cause would require the assistance of the Ford regional office but it's easy to replace a stock order. It's not worth worrying about, especially for retail orders. 

I really hope you are right.  I'd hate to wait half a year and find out I have to start the process again.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LabCrazy said:

Unless I'm missing something, waiting 14 months for a truck order makes no sense.  There are certainly dealers that are better than others.  My guys certainly don't text me on their days off, like mentioned above, but they answer questions when asked.  Of course they don't give me as much information as @cyberdman and don't understand the process near as well as @ice-capades .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, ice-capades said:

I just checked the WBDO system again and the Lariat Black Appearance Package without Spray-In Bedliner (17M) is NOW AVAILABLE! 

There has been no notice from Ford that the option was now enabled and available in WBDO. 

yes available at the dealer

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, alehandro said:

yes available at the dealer

I can confirm. Spoke with two different salesmen to get a clear answer. One did not want to check WBDO and said it just wasn't an option. My now primary salesmen personally logged into WBDO with his manager and confirmed he was able to select it and it would be added to my build. If anyone at the dealer suggests the WBDO is not allowing them to add the 17M they have not checked and are not being entirely truthful. Have a different salesmen or the sales manager check instead. 

Does Escape HEV cutoff also apply to the PHEV? The dealer I spoke with in Ontario last month told me orders for the PHEV had been closed, but then re-opened. He put in an order around April 20th, and gave me an order number. I asked about the cut-off date, but said that was the one that was extended. I'm really hoping to get a PHEV in my hands this year for tax reasons.