Dealer ADM Consequence So Far

I would assume this would be a private issue between Ford and the dealer so it would be hard to catch wind of. Even if a customer was "victim" to it, I don't think Ford would share those details with them after the fact.

It would be nice if there was news about it to discourage other dealers from trying to make order holders back out so they could sell the vehicle with  ADM.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford will suspend all of their plan sale privileges for that if it was egregious.

always irked me how DOC fees can vary so dramatically between states...I know we are capped here and cannot charge over $85.

24 minutes ago, Deanh said:

always irked me how DOC fees can vary so dramatically between states...I know we are capped here and cannot charge over $85.

Here in Ga they’re not regulated.  Some dealers charge $75 some charge $800.  It’s just a way to hide additional markups and make the buyer think they’re paying less.  They should be limited to $100 - that covers anything the dealer has to do.  The rest is profit.

7 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Why not?  This forum is privately run, and not associated with Ford Motor Company. 

HRG

Because forums tend to have rules, that's all, and I'm curious which dealer it is that's allegedly in trouble with corporate for over-charging Plan customers. :)

The person that told me that didn't name the dealer; but is a dealer principal in the area.  If I were to guess it would be one of 3 dealerships in the market that tend to push "the deal" a bit to much. Plan deals are pretty much set in stone with the way they work, it might be a few hundred dollars based on age of vehicle on the lot or price changes but the price you'd pay for the exact same car at 2 different dealers is exactly the same. Some Dealers here will still take X-plan on an order and have 0 doc fees as well as they try to build the relationship not a sale, even if you're out of state. 

• Like 1

There's a couple of rural low volume dealers in my area who have a half dozen or so Broncos in stock, all priced way over MSRP. How did they get so many... Probably by forcing retail customers to give up their orders by jacking the prices up when they arrived. These dealers will never, ever, get my business!

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

There's a couple of rural low volume dealers in my area who have a half dozen or so Broncos in stock, all priced way over MSRP. How did they get so many... Probably by forcing retail customers to give up their orders by jacking the prices up when they arrived. These dealers will never, ever, get my business!

not necessarily...given those units may have been ordered over a year ago, a LOT of people moved on, lost patience or bought something else....

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Deanh said:

not necessarily...given those units may have been ordered over a year ago, a LOT of people moved on, lost patience or bought something else....

Me included, the flip resale market seems over saturated for them now so the huge money flipping has dried up; you also have people that couldn't get financed for it, their life changed, or drove it and realized it wasn't for them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrEvil said:

Since I saw mention to doc fees for plans… Anyone know the cap for xplan doc fees? 

I believe $60. My dealer normally charges $600, but with X plan only $60. And 10% off on options. I assume this applies to only vehicles that are not in extreme demand like Escape, Edge, and Explorer. Ford dealers for decades don't recognize Ford plans on vehicles like Shelby Mustangs and the like. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I believe $60. My dealer normally charges $600, but with X plan only $60. And 10% off on options. I assume this applies to only vehicles that are not in extreme demand like Escape, Edge, and Explorer. Ford dealers for decades don't recognize Ford plans on vehicles like Shelby Mustangs and the like. 

I appreciate the info, I ordered a superduty and they agreed to X-Plan. Impatiently waiting l, hoping the truck may show up this week. 

5 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Me included, the flip resale market seems over saturated for them now so the huge money flipping has dried up; you also have people that couldn't get financed for it, their life changed, or drove it and realized it wasn't for them. 

Bingo....one should not jump to conclusions too quickly.....just some seem absolutely fixated on everything being the Dealers fault...how DARE they actually have inventory...they must have tried to rip the people that ordered them off....ahem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Just a thought but my hometown (pop.12,000) Ford dealer has a GT500 in the showroom for $40k over sticker.  My dad knows the GM pretty well and he was told by the GM that they put the ADM on there to keep the big dealers from the metro area (100 miles away) from buying their inventory.  If someone from the local area wants to buy it, the price would probably be much closer to sticker.  Pre-pandemic they used to sell a lot of their Expedition and Navigator inventory to those same dealers at sticker, who would have some sucker waiting to get ripped off.

Edited by Flying68
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Deanh said:

Bingo....one should not jump to conclusions too quickly.....just some seem absolutely fixated on everything being the Dealers fault...how DARE they actually have inventory...they must have tried to rip the people that ordered them off....ahem.

It’s clearly both Dean.  There are hundreds of dealers out there charging huge ADMs at the last minute, giving false information, refusing to look at VVRs for customers with orders and all sorts of shenanigans and horrible customer service and outright lies in some cases.  Good dealers seem to be a rare commodity these days with most falling into the don’t care category.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s clearly both Dean.  There are hundreds of dealers out there charging huge ADMs at the last minute, giving false information, refusing to look at VVRs for customers with orders and all sorts of shenanigans and horrible customer service and outright lies in some cases.  Good dealers seem to be a rare commodity these days with most falling into the don’t care category.

that was my point...it gos both ways...one should not instantaneously defer to the Dealer as the bad guy as is Gearheadgrrrrrls go to.

Hi gang. Just as an FYI, and to avoid confusion: As per Ford's AXZD-Plan rules, Documentation Fees on AXZD-Plan purchases are capped by Ford/Lincoln at $75.

AXZD-Plan eligibility also applies to all vehicles, unless specifically excluded by Ford. These exclusions will usually always apply to Special Edition/Limited Edition models such as Ford GT's, Shelbys etc. And sometimes when a brand new model is first introduced.

Currently, all vehicles (non-Special Edition), including Escape/Edge/Explorer etc. are eligible for Plan sales.

But keep in mind that Dealer participation is voluntary, so an individual Dealer can refuse to accept AXZD-Plan sales on any vehicle they so choose. But they are not excluded by Ford.

So if a Dealer is refusing to accept an AXZD-Plan PIN for an Escape/Edge/Explorer etc., it is their choice, not because of Ford.

You can find an explanation of all the rules and regulations here: https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_az_rules.htm#CanIbechargedadocumentfeedocf

Good luck.