SYNC 4

kookyluke

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, Dlcorbett said:

I'm curious where people like him learn about all the features and functionality because I cannot find a user guide for Sync 4 anywhere. No one at Ford/Lincoln can answer my question here. Does anyone know what these red circles are that only appear at my house on my navigation screen? 

IMG_0417.thumb.JPG.0bc55ed20bcba72ee28ea9c3a82c6db4.JPG

Edited by Black Label
I always make a typo.

21 hours ago, Black Label said:

I'm curious where people like him learn about all the features and functionality because I cannot find a user guide for Sync 4 anywhere. No one at Ford/Lincoln can answer my question here. Does anyone know what these red circles are that only appear at my house on my navigation screen? 

I think they’re digital ‘breadcrumbs’. They’re to help find your way back if you go off road. 

I’m not 100% sure though. I asked my salesman at delivery and he didn’t know either. Probably not used often by the typical Lincoln buyer but could be really useful if you take your Bronco out into the wilderness. 

Ford breadcrumbs for Sync 3 on Ranger

Edited by Xraymd

5 hours ago, Xraymd said:

I think they’re digital ‘breadcrumbs’. They’re to help find your way back if you go off road. 

I’m not 100% sure though. I asked my salesman at delivery and he didn’t know either. Probably not used often by the typical Lincoln buyer but could be really useful if you take your Bronco out into the wilderness. 

Ford breadcrumbs for Sync 3 on Ranger

Except I don't have that turned on in my vehicle, and I have never used it. 

Also, the instructions on how to do a reset of Sync 4 don't work in my Navigator. The first part of doing a master reset here is to attempt a reset of Sync 4. Same as it was with Sync 3, but all it odes for me is turn off the radio after the ten seconds. 

https://www.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4/how-do-i-perform-a-master-reset-with-sync-4/

9 hours ago, Xraymd said:

Shoot, there goes that theory.  

The only place I’ve seen them is at my house and at the dealership. I noticed them around the dealership when I picked up the car. I thought it was showing other Lincolns :doh:

Okay, you are the only other person who has said to have seen them on their vehicle. 

I only see them at locations where I’m off a mapped road.  Since I don’t really go off road, I’m talking about my house and large parking lots.  That’s why I guessed ‘breadcrumbs.’

I actually spent yesterday looking at the Mach E forums and this morning on the Gen 14 150 forums seeing if anybody had commented about them over there, but no luck.

They’re definitely digital breadcrumbs.  I looked this afternoon and they dot the road to work.  However, they don’t show up everywhere I drive, so I’m not sure how it decides what to mark and what to ignore.

The first image is my drive to work, I park left of the circle.  The second image shows my driveway with a collection of dots on my garage.  I drive past the garage and back in, and the dots show my path goes past the garage.

4EF735C8-1643-4CAC-BD55-D443862E2004.jpeg

EFAE26E8-019A-41B1-8BDC-3361B3750684.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xraymd said:

They’re definitely digital breadcrumbs.  I looked this afternoon and they dot the road to work.  However, they don’t show up everywhere I drive, so I’m not sure how it decides what to mark and what to ignore.

The first image is my drive to work, I park left of the circle.  The second image shows my driveway with a collection of dots on my garage.  I drive past the garage and back in, and the dots show my path goes past the garage.

4EF735C8-1643-4CAC-BD55-D443862E2004.jpeg

EFAE26E8-019A-41B1-8BDC-3361B3750684.jpeg

I don't have the Driver Assistance button on my screen like you have. I don't recall ever turning on the bread crumb feature. I will have to check again. 

Okay, so, @Xraymd, you are correct! They ARE breadcrumbs. A couple interesting things. Mine was set at AUTO. I guess I never looked at that, not realizing there was an AUTO function. I turned it OFF and the dots are gone. Also, your screen has the DA tab. Mine has a Fav+ tab there. I access driver assistance through the Features tab. Weird. 

Thanks!

Edit: That Fav+ button is to add a tile to the feature bar on that screen. Now, I have Driver Assistance down there. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coming from a 2019, just took delivery of my BL 22. I would also add that the sync upgrade goes beyond your main screen. The instrument screen and the HUD is now more tightly integrated with sync. I use android auto and waze all the time. The turn by turn is in all the displays now, not just the main screen. The instrument screen also has new graphics. Cameras and views are all better too. Little things you notice that don't show up on reviews.

The wireless Android auto has worked flawlessly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toddmoe said:

Coming from a 2019, just took delivery of my BL 22. I would also add that the sync upgrade goes beyond your main screen. The instrument screen and the HUD is now more tightly integrated with sync. I use android auto and waze all the time. The turn by turn is in all the displays now, not just the main screen. The instrument screen also has new graphics. Cameras and views are all better too. Little things you notice that don't show up on reviews.

The wireless Android auto has worked flawlessly. 

Yep. I am pretty sure I posted somewhere that Sync 4 makes the 2022 an entirely different vehicle than my 2020 ever was. 

• Thanks 1