plant delay on truck in transit

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may have some insight on the delivery process.  I have an F350 on order that has been built and is in transit to the dealer.  The truck was built 2/1 in Kentucky and has been in transit since 2/12.   It was shipped by rail 2/23 and arrived in Kansas City 3/8.  It has been in a convoy carrier delay since then and now the most recent update is there is a plant hold.  Does anyone know what that might mean?  Why would it be in a plant hold at a different location then the plant it was built at?  I'm so confused and my dealer will not answer any questions or offer any other information.  They only respond by saying we will call you when it arrives.  It wouldn't be such a big deal if I had ordered the truck locally but I hunted prices and ordered the truck from a dealer which requires me to take time off work and fly out to get it.  

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

1067321860_Screenshot2022-03-27141627.thumb.png.00ce956a3ee8e822a5505a739da478d0.png

Thanks

28 minutes ago, F3pifty said:

I'm assuming here, that the truck has somehow been damaged and needs to be fixed.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to post it. Or it could be a part was recalled while in-transit, again only speculation. Good luck

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Adirondex said:

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to post it. Or it could be a part was recalled while in-transit, again only speculation. Good luck

You guys are probably right. I had actually thought that same thing earlier but wanted to believe it was something else.

Thanks for the help

I could have sworn I saw a post recently about some new Vehicle Visibility Report status being added to provide more clarity about recent challenges such as delays with the carriers and lack of chips... but now I cannot find the post.  Maybe it was a dream.

Anyway, here's this document that explains some of the older statuses.

Vehicle Visibility Status Glossary.pdf

Our truck was built on,  1/26/2022

Shipped on 2/4/2022

Scheduled for delivery, between 2/12 - 2/18. 

Delivered off of the train and sat, for 16 days. Picked it up on, 2/28/2022. They couldn't find a Truck Driver, to haul it to the dealership. Hopefully, that is all it is. I just posted some pictures, on all of our information and the process. It will be worth the wait?

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Vehicle Visibility - Delivery Milestones (03/07/2022)

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.pdf

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Thanks again ICE. This is so timely. My truck is sitting on Delay Volume hold at KTP, while other trucks built after me, going to the same dealer, are shipping out business as usual the next day after being built. Can’t make logical sense of it; just bad luck i’m guessing.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, BigDutyDiesel said:

Thanks again ICE. This is so timely. My truck is sitting on Delay Volume hold at KTP, while other trucks built after me, going to the same dealer, are shipping out business as usual the next day after being built. Can’t make logical sense of it; just bad luck i’m guessing.

How do you find out if your truck is on a hold? Mines been built since 3/21 and haven’t heard anything else 

10 hours ago, jdanthony said:

How do you find out if your truck is on a hold? Mines been built since 3/21 and haven’t heard anything else 

Contact your Dealer and make them do their job! Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which shows the latest status information including new "Hold" information that was added a few weeks ago.