F-150 Rattler?

Hard to imagine what this would be. Ford seems to have off road variants covered pretty well with raptor, tremor and fx4. Where would Rattler fit in to that hierarchy?

As 02MustangGT said, maybe it’s the Raptor R, but with ford choosing raptor over warthog for the bronco, I don’t see them deviating from the Raptor name here.

A budget friendly off roader would be a nice surprise. 

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Rattler ties in with cobra so it could be a street truck, but it’s not the 90’s anymore ? and they specifically said “on the trail” in the tweet.

Oh I would love to see the F-150 street performance truck make a comeback. Low-riding with rear or all-wheel drive and high-performance engine. Last time we had that was the one-year-only 2014 F-150 Tremor with regular cab and short bed, as a final-year steel-bodied F-150 send-off, before the all-aluminum 2015 redesign arrived.

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

? What did the article say? It has already been removed. So it is a street performance variant? Oh please say it's the 6.8L V8...

59 minutes ago, slemke said:

And the autoweek article has been taken down….need to wait a couple hours for the embargo to end.

I wonder when the embargo will lift? I don't think it will be at midnight, as embargo have lifted just before opening of stock markets for most of previous reveals. Except for those with specific reveals at other times like the Ranger Raptor one.

Yep, it's an XL with FX4 plus fender flares, badging, dual exhaust, 18" wheels, along with other features. Makes for basic off-roader below Tremor. Will be offered later this fall as 2023 model year. Makes sense to do it this way for those who want good basic off-roader without the bells and whistles like the high-demand Tremor and the Raptor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/the-ford-f-150-rattler-slithers-off-road/ar-AAVBr4S?

Was hoping for a street performance truck. lol There's still the Raptor R that should be getting a reveal sometime soon though. But I do like the idea of the Rattler as a 'stripped-down' off-roader.

51 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Oh I would love to see the F-150 street performance truck make a comeback. Low-riding with rear or all-wheel drive and high-performance engine. Last time we had that was the one-year-only 2014 F-150 Tremor with regular cab and short bed, as a final-year steel-bodied F-150 send-off, before the all-aluminum 2015 redesign arrived.

That was a pretty cool truck. 

32 minutes ago, sullynd said:

The article I read says it’s an XL with some FX4 components and badging. 

Chevy has two versions of the trail boss. Maybe this will compete with the cheaper one. 

• Like 2

I wish this was based off of the stx instead of the xl. The stx grille and color matched bumpers give it a sportier look.

The pic from the msn article is a bit grainy when you zoom in, but the wheels look similar to the ranger splash wheels, which are the same as the bronco outer banks wheels without the machining. They are also 18” wheels which match what the article says. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Cool, another special edition nobody will be able to get because of supply shortages 

My initial reaction is why are you adding another model when you’re having such a difficult time producing your current models, however this is probably a smart move since this vehicle will have few options that seem to be holding up production of all the higher priced models.

18 minutes ago, tbone said:

My initial reaction is why are you adding another model when you’re having such a difficult time producing your current models, however this is probably a smart move since this vehicle will have few options that seem to be holding up production of all the higher priced models.

Yup, and also a way to upsell and otherwise bare bones model.

With the Tremor only being available with the 3.5 EB would the Rattler be an alternative for those wanting an off-road oriented truck below the Raptor but with a different drivetrain than the Tremor? Like, say, the 2.7 or 5.0? I didn't see anything in any of the intro articles, including the one from Ford, about it being limited to any specific drivetrain. If so, wouldn't this also be the first time the 2.7 or 5.0 would be available from the factory in the F-150 with dual exhaust?

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/03/29/new-2023-ford-f-150-rattler.html