Just curious Anyone with bluecruise how do ya like it?

Tangiora

I have bluecruise on my Mach-E.  It works well for the most part for me.  I know a few complain about it hugging one side of the lane or the other.  Mine tracks pretty much in the middle most of the time.  I have noticed that it kicks off when driving into the sun or if there are a lot of shadows. 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, amtrucker22 said:

I have bluecruise on my Mach-E.  It works well for the most part for me.  I know a few complain about it hugging one side of the lane or the other.  Mine tracks pretty much in the middle most of the time.  I have noticed that it kicks off when driving into the sun or if there are a lot of shadows. 

Thanks for the info. I am excited to get my truck and make some road trips to see how it does.  Using optics I can see how road glare could confuse it. as well as shadows.

1 hour ago, jflottawa said:

I would have considered BlueCruise on the Lariat I just ordered but nobody could provide me with which roads/highways would be supported in my region (Ottawa, Canada)

So that would be interesting to know as well.  I did a search and Ford Canada says it has extensive coverage including in some national parks but could find no details either.  I live in the Detroit metro area and before the Covid would cross over occasionally and would love to be able to bluecruise to Toronto when things opened up.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, Tangiora said:

Hello,  I am just curious if anyone has been using bluecruise and how you like it.  Plusses? minuses?  I know it doesn't work with lane markings obscured.  Does yours work at night?   Thanks.

With snow on the ground covering highways and roads in my region for a better part of 3 months - that's another reason I was deterred from ordering it...

I think autonomous driving is still very much in the early adopters and experimental phases. I think road infrastructure will also need to improve before it becomes a truly useful every day feature.

• Like 1