Active Park Assist 2.0 removal

adrenalin

I have seen a few threads regarding Active Park Assist 2.0 removal however I can't find an answer to what I though would be a simple question.  With Ford removing this featuring and giving a credit, is this something that can be added later or is it gone for good?  I ordered a Platinum to replace my 2015, and I am going to have a very upset wife if that feature is gone for good. It was the only way she could ever park the truck. I'm a bit pissed that after having my order placed in Dec that this announcement came out a few weeks before my order is scheduled to be built. 

I too really liked the idea of the feature.  With the F150 I haven't heard any official sources clearly state it.  I have talked to my dealer who has talked to his regional sales rep.  At this time neither of them can even answer if it is a full removal or just a prep kit like they are having placed on the Mach E.  (see the mach e forums.)  Expedition and Navigator also have the removal option.   I hate to assume but if they are calling it a prep kit on the mach e and they are calling it a removal for the f 150 I worry it won't be added later.  At the same time the ford authority web page had some articles stating that ford will ship vehicles without functions that are not safety related and they will be able to be added when parts are available.  "As is the case with the Mach-E and F-150, dealers will be able to retroactively install Active Park Assist 2.0 when the necessary components to do so become available, though it’s unclear when, exactly, that may take place."  

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2022-ford-expedition-will-also-drop-active-park-assist-2-0-from-lineup/