Priority Levels

GrumpyFox

Supposedly, the lower the number the higher the priority.  Of course, this is predicated on a lot of factors not limited to model, trim level, parts availability, etc.  The dealer can assign the priority when you place your order from 10 - 19.  Lower numbers can be assigned at a corporate level for numerous reasons.

20 minutes ago, GrumpyFox said:

Is there a guide to priority level attached to an order.

I have seen some scattered info here about 19, 10, 2, and 1: Do those actually correlate to some table or real status about the order?

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 but the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19 requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code with 10 being the best. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership and independent from any other dealership. 

Priority codes 01 and 02 can only be assigned by the Ford regional office or Dearborn. Unscheduled orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the most consideration for scheduling. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, ice-capades said:

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 but the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19 requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code with 10 being the best. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership and independent from any other dealership. 

Priority codes 01 and 02 can only be assigned by the Ford regional office or Dearborn. Unscheduled orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the most consideration for scheduling. 

"most consideration" is a funny way of putting things. I have had a priority code 02 since 02/03/22 and still haven't been considered :-(

23 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

"most consideration" is a funny way of putting things. I have had a priority code 02 since 02/03/22 and still haven't been considered ?

It's not for lack of consideration if your order hasn't been scheduled yet. It's commodity restraints, supplier issues, plant constraints, etc. You can't get better than an 01 or 02 priority code. 

26 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

"most consideration" is a funny way of putting things. I have had a priority code 02 since 02/03/22 and still haven't been considered ?

Wow, a whole 2 months?  There are others with priority 2 that have been waiting 6 months or longer.

It should be obvious that they simply don’t have all the parts necessary to build all these priority 2s otherwise they’d be building them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

Wow, a whole 2 months?  There are others with priority 2 that have been waiting 6 months or longer.

It should be obvious that they simply don’t have all the parts necessary to build all these priority 2s otherwise they’d be building them.

The original order date was 10/1/2021. So it has been over 6 months. I asked to dealer about my Priority code in Feb, they confirmed a 02 then, so technically speaking it could have been before that, but I have no hard evidence of that change. 

15 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

The original order date was 10/1/2021. So it has been over 6 months. I asked to dealer about my Priority code in Feb, they confirmed a 02 then, so technically speaking it could have been before that, but I have no hard evidence of that change. 

The point is just what ice-capades said.  If Ford made it a priority 2 then they are doing everything within their power to get it built.  There simply isn’t any more they can do and you’re at the mercy of supply chain.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

My order date was 9/3/2021, and I've been a priority 2 since at least the middle of November.  Still nothing.  

It'll just be that much more exciting when it finally shows up, right?  :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

The point is just what ice-capades said.  If Ford made it a priority 2 then they are doing everything within their power to get it built.  There simply isn’t any more they can do and you’re at the mercy of supply chain.

Yes, I obviously understand that. I was just originally commenting on the phrasing of "most consideration". I picture a man looking over a long list of builds, scratching his chin as he looks down the list, slowing and carefully considering to grant each one the golden ticket of a VIN number ?

20 minutes ago, HarleyDavis said:

Yes, I obviously understand that. I was just originally commenting on the phrasing of "most consideration". I picture a man looking over a long list of builds, scratching his chin as he looks down the list, slowing and carefully considering to grant each one the golden ticket of a VIN number ?

Well hopefully that dude's favorite color is blue, because my truck is going to be blue (if it ever gets to be painted). 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, HarleyDavis said:

That's funny. Its been over 7 months since I ordered my truck and I still have at least another month before its built

Edited by slingha

I don’t know if my salesman is playing dumb or really doesn’t understand the process because when I asked if they had a lower priority code than 19 that he could give me his response was “10 and 19 priority means it is due to be reviewed or scheduled”. 

He did say they have 9 expeditions being previewed right now and was checking to see if mine was one of those. 

PRIORITY CODE, ORDER SCHEDULING & VEHICLE VISIBILITY SUMMARY

Priority codes determine the order in which unscheduled orders should be reviewed and considered for scheduling. The original order date is also a consideration but is often overlooked due to applicable commodity restraints, plant constraints and other factors. Orders must meet the applicable commodity and plant constraints in order to be scheduled in the week that scheduling is done for the vehicle line.  

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 but the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19 requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code with 10 being the best. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership and independent from any other dealership. Stock orders use priority codes 20-80. Priority code "99" means "Do NOT Schedule". Dealers can change priority codes at any time for unscheduled orders.

At the time a retail order is placed via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the customer's e-mail address should be attached to the order. In addition, the Dealer should submit the order information, signed Buyer's Order and customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) or applicable ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program). Verified COVP or ROVP retail orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. COVP and ROVP orders can get scheduled at any time. Regular scheduling is normally done on Thursday mornings for weeks that a vehicle line has scheduling. Stock orders and retail orders without incremental allocation are scheduled using allocation that is determined on a monthly basis through the monthly wholesale allocation agreement between Ford and the dealership.   

Priority codes are included in the WBDO Preview order display showing the Dealership Name, Sales Code, Price Level Code, vehicle specifications, and pricing. 

VIN numbers and the initial assigned production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Once an order is scheduled, the Priority Code has no function.

This information does NOT apply to Fleet Orders which use a different Priority Code and scheduling process.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which includes the complete order history and all scheduling, production and shipping information up to the vehicle delivery to the dealership. The default report display is for the current order status. The report will also include the rail carrier and rail car information for vehicles shipped initially by rail. The report is updated continuously and includes every status update, including the vehicle location for vehicles in transit. The Vehicle Visibility report now includes additional information for shipping delays caused by various factors. 

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

2022 Maverick XLT AWD__WBDO_Sample Pricing.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_In Transit Rail Detail.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold.jpg

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 6

On 4/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, ice-capades said:

PRIORITY CODE, ORDER SCHEDULING & VEHICLE VISIBILITY SUMMARY

Priority codes determine the order in which unscheduled orders should be reviewed and considered for scheduling. The original order date is also a consideration but is often overlooked due to applicable commodity restraints, plant constraints and other factors. Orders must meet the applicable commodity and plant constraints in order to be scheduled in the week that scheduling is done for the vehicle line.  

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 but the default priority code in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19 requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code with 10 being the best. Each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership and independent from any other dealership. Stock orders use priority codes 20-80. Priority code "99" means "Do NOT Schedule". Dealers can change priority codes at any time for unscheduled orders.

At the time a retail order is placed via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the customer's e-mail address should be attached to the order. In addition, the Dealer should submit the order information, signed Buyer's Order and customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) or applicable ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program). Verified COVP or ROVP retail orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. COVP and ROVP orders can get scheduled at any time. Regular scheduling is normally done on Thursday mornings for weeks that a vehicle line has scheduling. Stock orders and retail orders without incremental allocation are scheduled using allocation that is determined on a monthly basis through the monthly wholesale allocation agreement between Ford and the dealership.   

Priority codes are included in the WBDO Preview order display showing the Dealership Name, Sales Code, Price Level Code, vehicle specifications, and pricing. 

VIN numbers and the initial assigned production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Once an order is scheduled, the Priority Code has no function.

This information does NOT apply to Fleet Orders which use a different Priority Code and scheduling process.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which includes the complete order history and all scheduling, production and shipping information up to the vehicle delivery to the dealership. The default report display is for the current order status. The report will also include the rail carrier and rail car information for vehicles shipped initially by rail. The report is updated continuously and includes every status update, including the vehicle location for vehicles in transit. The Vehicle Visibility report now includes additional information for shipping delays caused by various factors. 

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

2022 Maverick XLT AWD__WBDO_Sample Pricing.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_In Transit Rail Detail.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_Micro Chip At Plant On Hold.jpg

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Thanks for the Detail on this.  I kind of recognize the output style of this.  Looks a lot like the sales center side of SAP.  

A couple of questions i have on priority level. 

I place my order 12/31 and dealer assigned P/L to 10.

I inquired with him and he sent me a report that a column PR 

AL

02

I am assuming it moved to Priority level 02.  I am guessing it is waiting for parts to complete the build.  I have on my order wheel liners, floor mats, and fold flat work space.....which I could do without or ad later. Do you think deleting these items will help my chances of getting scheduled.  I am thinking it would.

Thanks for any comments or answers!

1 hour ago, sippy12 said:

A couple of questions i have on priority level. 

I place my order 12/31 and dealer assigned P/L to 10.

I inquired with him and he sent me a report that a column PR 

AL

02

I am assuming it moved to Priority level 02.  I am guessing it is waiting for parts to complete the build.  I have on my order wheel liners, floor mats, and fold flat work space.....which I could do without or ad later. Do you think deleting these items will help my chances of getting scheduled.  I am thinking it would.

Thanks for any comments or answers!

Thousands of other trucks are also at PL 02, some ordered months before December. Mine was PL 02 for 4 months before I got scheduled. It is just waiting for parts to be available

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 1

Yeh...I know...just thinking if I delete some options...it means less parts to wait on.

I am not chomping at the bit..as I knew people were waiting sometimes up to a year on orders. My current and very nice 2014 F150 is still serving me well.

Thanks for the response!

19 hours ago, bronaetherng said:

Wow @ice-capades this actually a very detailed post, great to hear that you can explain it for us that wonder the process of the priority codes, has there been any sort of changes in orders if priority codes have changed from like 01/02 back into the 10-19 zone?

The priority code for an unscheduled order wouldn't change from 01 or 02, to 10-19, unless the Dealer submitted a change to the specifications without the assistance of the Ford regional office to restore the priority code to the previous 01/02 status. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The priority code for an unscheduled order wouldn't change from 01 or 02, to 10-19, unless the Dealer submitted a change to the specifications without the assistance of the Ford regional office to restore the priority code to the previous 01/02 status. 

Ok...this makes me wander...If I am PR 02 and I delete some items(wheel liners,floor mats, and fold flat work space) do I drop back to a 10 or higher priority code ....or stay at a 2? Sorry for the redundancies...just don't want to do anything that will hurt my delivery.