Priority Levels

GrumpyFox

35 minutes ago, sippy12 said:

Ok...this makes me wander...If I am PR 02 and I delete some items(wheel liners,floor mats, and fold flat work space) do I drop back to a 10 or higher priority code ....or stay at a 2? Sorry for the redundancies...just don't want to do anything that will hurt my delivery.

You actually quoted my reply to the same question I answered earlier. Deleting options from an unscheduled order at priority code 02 is a change to the vehicle specifications and will bump the priority code back to the original priority code (10-19) and would require the Ford Reginal office to restore the 02 priority code. 

Sorry Ice...I was just trying to figure out if removing items that I dont really need would help  or hurt  my production date. 

Coming to realize....there is no set answer. But at least I know removing them will change my PR back to 10. I will talk to my dealer and see what he thinks.

Thanks for all info you have shared.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:27 PM, ice-capades said:

The priority code for an unscheduled order wouldn't change from 01 or 02, to 10-19, unless the Dealer submitted a change to the specifications without the assistance of the Ford regional office to restore the priority code to the previous 01/02 status. 

Thank you so much for the clarification regards to my answer :)

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jgking said:

Thank you for the great information!

My salesman just texted me that they have moved me to priority 10.

Turns out my dealer sets all customer orders to 10 when he submits them. The sales manager said he unfortunately can’t prioritize any customer over another, that he wish he could for repeat buyers like we are…..then maybe don’t set everyone to 10!!! Ha!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jgking said:

Turns out my dealer sets all customer orders to 10 when he submits them. The sales manager said he unfortunately can’t prioritize any customer over another, that he wish he could for repeat buyers like we are…..then maybe don’t set everyone to 10!!! Ha!

Another example of a sales manager that doesn't know, can't be bothered, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So how does a dealer stock order (supposedly priority 20-80) receive consideration to schedule ahead of all of these pending customer orders? This is the exact trim and option package that I ordered but getting shipped to California instead, Ford's site even says "Dealer Ordered". To get it sooner than my still unscheduled order I'd have to pay $5000-$10000 over sticker. Ford really is pandering to the dealer network vs the consumer. 

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/expedition/details/1FMJK2AT9NEA19221?zipcode=90002&year=2022&ownerPACode=05208

1 hour ago, HTownHog said:

So how does a dealer stock order (supposedly priority 20-80) receive consideration to schedule ahead of all of these pending customer orders? This is the exact trim and option package that I ordered but getting shipped to California instead, Ford's site even says "Dealer Ordered". To get it sooner than my still unscheduled order I'd have to pay $5000-$10000 over sticker. Ford really is pandering to the dealer network vs the consumer. 

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/expedition/details/1FMJK2AT9NEA19221?zipcode=90002&year=2022&ownerPACode=05208

All trucks are “Dealer ordered” - doesn’t mean it’s stock necessarily.  Just means it hasn’t yet been delivered to the dealer.

Each dealer has their own queue of orders and each dealer gets allocation.  Some dealers have more allocation and fewer retail orders.  Maybe most of the retail orders were up buildable that week so a stock order got scheduled.

You did t buyer order a truck from Ford.  Your dealer did and you bought it from your dealer.  I know you don’t like that answer but that’s how it works.  And Ford has to take care of dealers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Teegary1124 said:

Shoot I have been priority one but I've been on a long wait and I believe people with lower priority have gotten their vehicles. 

If you are indeed priority one then literally everybody is lower than you.  Priority one and two trucks simply can’t be built due to commodity issues. 

11 hours ago, Teegary1124 said:

Shoot I have been priority one but I've been on a long wait and I believe people with lower priority have gotten their vehicles. 

Priority code 01 is absolutely the best code that can be assigned by Ford and gets the highest level of consideration and attention for scheduling, even more so than a 02 priority code. Ford makes every attempt possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get orders with a 01 priority code scheduled. If your order has been at priority code 01 for an extended period, it means that there's an issue, commodity or plant restraint that Ford can't make an exception to in order to expedite scheduling your order. Talk to your Dealer! Do not rely on what a sales representative tells you as they are usually not experienced or knowledgeable about the retail order and scheduling process or have access to the information resources available. You need to talk directly to the Sales Manager or General Manager.  

There are a lot of factors involved in getting orders scheduled for production including the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues with 37 different vendors, etc. Your vehicle specifications along with the original order date are also factors. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling.  

I ordered a GT500 in March (I know in the grand scheme of things it is such an incredibly short time frame since ordering) and I was wondering if there is something that my dealer can do to get a regional rep to get the order changed to priority code 01 or 02? My order is currently in Unscheduled Material Hold, but it is just a base GT500 with no options outside of the Heritage Edition Package which Flat Rock is building now so it doesn't need anything special to be built. My only concern is to get a build week so that there is less of a chance of Ford canceling my order. I see that on the toolbox report Flat Rock isn't adding more production this week as the factory was closed and only recently reopened. On some of the forums, there is a spreadsheet where people are uploading their order details and it seems as if a few people who placed orders after I did have received a build week. My hope is that by moving to priority code 01 or 02, when Flat Rock issues more production schedules, my car would be one of the first ones to get a build week. 

6 hours ago, ford20 said:

I ordered a GT500 in March (I know in the grand scheme of things it is such an incredibly short time frame since ordering) and I was wondering if there is something that my dealer can do to get a regional rep to get the order changed to priority code 01 or 02? My order is currently in Unscheduled Material Hold, but it is just a base GT500 with no options outside of the Heritage Edition Package which Flat Rock is building now so it doesn't need anything special to be built. My only concern is to get a build week so that there is less of a chance of Ford canceling my order. I see that on the toolbox report Flat Rock isn't adding more production this week as the factory was closed and only recently reopened. On some of the forums, there is a spreadsheet where people are uploading their order details and it seems as if a few people who placed orders after I did have received a build week. My hope is that by moving to priority code 01 or 02, when Flat Rock issues more production schedules, my car would be one of the first ones to get a build week. 

Vehicle lines don't have scheduling every week and don't necessarily correspond directly to plant operations. Ford has not yet released the schedule for 2023MY Mustang so you shouldn't be concerned about scheduling for a 2022MY Shelby GT500 at this time. In addition, scheduling for Shelby's is done differently from regular Mustang's. The Ford regional office will change the priority code and/or notify the dealership in advance that the Shelby order will be scheduled in an upcoming week. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:13 AM, ice-capades said:

Priority code 01 is absolutely the best code that can be assigned by Ford and gets the highest level of consideration and attention for scheduling, even more so than a 02 priority code. Ford makes every attempt possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get orders with a 01 priority code scheduled. If your order has been at priority code 01 for an extended period, it means that there's an issue, commodity or plant restraint that Ford can't make an exception to in order to expedite scheduling your order. Talk to your Dealer! Do not rely on what a sales representative tells you as they are usually not experienced or knowledgeable about the retail order and scheduling process or have access to the information resources available. You need to talk directly to the Sales Manager or General Manager.  

There are a lot of factors involved in getting orders scheduled for production including the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues with 37 different vendors, etc. Your vehicle specifications along with the original order date are also factors. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling.  

Good info. I have a priority '1' MY23 F150 Raptor order submitted currently. Started at PC 19. Yes allocation was granted and available to dealer as to upcoming scheduling weeks ahead... only restraints were no 37pp and no R. Qq... are PC 1 and 2 exactly the same in terms of being held up by the above restraints, issues with the exception of sequence order?... or is only PC 2 subject to restraints, issues commonly? And due to a knowledgable ford person knowing there are no constraints, issues at the time of scheduling and the order being set at a lower priority... seems they may use a '1' instead of a '2'. Sounds like both are subject to the same restraints issues but obviously 1 is in front of 2 if nothing else prevents scheduling one or the other otherwise and no other specific allocations will compete. Reason I ask is I was under the impression 2 was used but possible scheduling issues could still persist to prevent scheduling where 1 means no issues, all checks out... your next up. Thanks in advance for setting me straight.

4 hours ago, MQZ said:

Good info. I have a priority '1' MY23 F150 Raptor order submitted currently. Started at PC 19. Yes allocation was granted and available to dealer as to upcoming scheduling weeks ahead... only restraints were no 37pp and no R. Qq... are PC 1 and 2 exactly the same in terms of being held up by the above restraints, issues with the exception of sequence order?... or is only PC 2 subject to restraints, issues commonly? And due to a knowledgable ford person knowing there are no constraints, issues at the time of scheduling and the order being set at a lower priority... seems they may use a '1' instead of a '2'. Sounds like both are subject to the same restraints issues but obviously 1 is in front of 2 if nothing else prevents scheduling one or the other otherwise and no other specific allocations will compete. Reason I ask is I was under the impression 2 was used but possible scheduling issues could still persist to prevent scheduling where 1 means no issues, all checks out... your next up. Thanks in advance for setting me straight.

The Ford Zone Manager advises the dealership that it will be receiving allocation for the specialty vehicle (Raptor, Shelby, etc.) and also advises the dealership of the applicable commodity restraints for the allocation to be granted. The dealership places an order, or amends an order already in the USOB), that complies with the commodity restraints. The Priority Code is not a factor at that point. The dealership provides the Ford Zone Manager with the order information (Body Code, Order Number) for the desired order that meets the commodity restraints in place. The Regional Scheduler reassigns the Priority Code at "01" and the order should be scheduled within 2-3 weeks for a future production week. The VIN number and scheduled production week will be assigned when the order is scheduled and available to the Dealer via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The Ford Zone Manager advises the dealership that it will be receiving allocation for the specialty vehicle (Raptor, Shelby, etc.) and also advises the dealership of the applicable commodity restraints for the allocation to be granted. The dealership places an order, or amends an order already in the USOB), that complies with the commodity restraints. The Priority Code is not a factor at that point. The dealership provides the Ford Zone Manager with the order information (Body Code, Order Number) for the desired order that meets the commodity restraints in place. The Regional Scheduler reassigns the Priority Code at "01" and the order should be scheduled within 2-3 weeks for a future production week. The VIN number and scheduled production week will be assigned when the order is scheduled and available to the Dealer via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

Much appreciated.