Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, sippy12 said:

Ok...this makes me wander...If I am PR 02 and I delete some items(wheel liners,floor mats, and fold flat work space) do I drop back to a 10 or higher priority code ....or stay at a 2? Sorry for the redundancies...just don't want to do anything that will hurt my delivery.

 

You actually quoted my reply to the same question I answered earlier. Deleting options from an unscheduled order at priority code 02 is a change to the vehicle specifications and will bump the priority code back to the original priority code (10-19) and would require the Ford Reginal office to restore the 02 priority code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Ice...I was just trying to figure out if removing items that I dont really need would help  or hurt  my production date. 

 

Coming to realize....there is no set answer. But at least I know removing them will change my PR back to 10. I will talk to my dealer and see what he thinks.

 

Thanks for all info you have shared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2022 at 12:27 PM, ice-capades said:

 

The priority code for an unscheduled order wouldn't change from 01 or 02, to 10-19, unless the Dealer submitted a change to the specifications without the assistance of the Ford regional office to restore the priority code to the previous 01/02 status. 

Thank you so much for the clarification regards to my answer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jgking said:

Thank you for the great information!

 

My salesman just texted me that they have moved me to priority 10.

Turns out my dealer sets all customer orders to 10 when he submits them. The sales manager said he unfortunately can’t prioritize any customer over another, that he wish he could for repeat buyers like we are…..then maybe don’t set everyone to 10!!! Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jgking said:

Turns out my dealer sets all customer orders to 10 when he submits them. The sales manager said he unfortunately can’t prioritize any customer over another, that he wish he could for repeat buyers like we are…..then maybe don’t set everyone to 10!!! Ha!

 

Another example of a sales manager that doesn't know, can't be bothered, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how does a dealer stock order (supposedly priority 20-80) receive consideration to schedule ahead of all of these pending customer orders? This is the exact trim and option package that I ordered but getting shipped to California instead, Ford's site even says "Dealer Ordered". To get it sooner than my still unscheduled order I'd have to pay $5000-$10000 over sticker. Ford really is pandering to the dealer network vs the consumer. 

 

 

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/expedition/details/1FMJK2AT9NEA19221?zipcode=90002&year=2022&ownerPACode=05208

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HTownHog said:

So how does a dealer stock order (supposedly priority 20-80) receive consideration to schedule ahead of all of these pending customer orders? This is the exact trim and option package that I ordered but getting shipped to California instead, Ford's site even says "Dealer Ordered". To get it sooner than my still unscheduled order I'd have to pay $5000-$10000 over sticker. Ford really is pandering to the dealer network vs the consumer. 

 

 

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/expedition/details/1FMJK2AT9NEA19221?zipcode=90002&year=2022&ownerPACode=05208


All trucks are “Dealer ordered” - doesn’t mean it’s stock necessarily.  Just means it hasn’t yet been delivered to the dealer.

 

Each dealer has their own queue of orders and each dealer gets allocation.  Some dealers have more allocation and fewer retail orders.  Maybe most of the retail orders were up buildable that week so a stock order got scheduled.

 

You did t buyer order a truck from Ford.  Your dealer did and you bought it from your dealer.  I know you don’t like that answer but that’s how it works.  And Ford has to take care of dealers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot I have been priority one but I've been on a long wait and I believe people with lower priority have gotten their vehicles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Teegary1124 said:

Shoot I have been priority one but I've been on a long wait and I believe people with lower priority have gotten their vehicles. 


If you are indeed priority one then literally everybody is lower than you.  Priority one and two trucks simply can’t be built due to commodity issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Teegary1124 said:

Shoot I have been priority one but I've been on a long wait and I believe people with lower priority have gotten their vehicles. 

 

Priority code 01 is absolutely the best code that can be assigned by Ford and gets the highest level of consideration and attention for scheduling, even more so than a 02 priority code. Ford makes every attempt possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get orders with a 01 priority code scheduled. If your order has been at priority code 01 for an extended period, it means that there's an issue, commodity or plant restraint that Ford can't make an exception to in order to expedite scheduling your order. Talk to your Dealer! Do not rely on what a sales representative tells you as they are usually not experienced or knowledgeable about the retail order and scheduling process or have access to the information resources available. You need to talk directly to the Sales Manager or General Manager.  

 

There are a lot of factors involved in getting orders scheduled for production including the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues with 37 different vendors, etc. Your vehicle specifications along with the original order date are also factors. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides complete information on the order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. In addition, your Dealer has access to the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints in effect each week that apply to orders not being selected for scheduling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a GT500 in March (I know in the grand scheme of things it is such an incredibly short time frame since ordering) and I was wondering if there is something that my dealer can do to get a regional rep to get the order changed to priority code 01 or 02? My order is currently in Unscheduled Material Hold, but it is just a base GT500 with no options outside of the Heritage Edition Package which Flat Rock is building now so it doesn't need anything special to be built. My only concern is to get a build week so that there is less of a chance of Ford canceling my order. I see that on the toolbox report Flat Rock isn't adding more production this week as the factory was closed and only recently reopened. On some of the forums, there is a spreadsheet where people are uploading their order details and it seems as if a few people who placed orders after I did have received a build week. My hope is that by moving to priority code 01 or 02, when Flat Rock issues more production schedules, my car would be one of the first ones to get a build week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ford20 said:

I ordered a GT500 in March (I know in the grand scheme of things it is such an incredibly short time frame since ordering) and I was wondering if there is something that my dealer can do to get a regional rep to get the order changed to priority code 01 or 02? My order is currently in Unscheduled Material Hold, but it is just a base GT500 with no options outside of the Heritage Edition Package which Flat Rock is building now so it doesn't need anything special to be built. My only concern is to get a build week so that there is less of a chance of Ford canceling my order. I see that on the toolbox report Flat Rock isn't adding more production this week as the factory was closed and only recently reopened. On some of the forums, there is a spreadsheet where people are uploading their order details and it seems as if a few people who placed orders after I did have received a build week. My hope is that by moving to priority code 01 or 02, when Flat Rock issues more production schedules, my car would be one of the first ones to get a build week. 

 

Vehicle lines don't have scheduling every week and don't necessarily correspond directly to plant operations. Ford has not yet released the schedule for 2023MY Mustang so you shouldn't be concerned about scheduling for a 2022MY Shelby GT500 at this time. In addition, scheduling for Shelby's is done differently from regular Mustang's. The Ford regional office will change the priority code and/or notify the dealership in advance that the Shelby order will be scheduled in an upcoming week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My KR order from 10/2021 sits at Priority Code 02 and has not been scheduled. I don't think I'll see it until the fall at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×