What is my 2011 F350 Lariat CCLB 4X4 6.2L pickup really worth?

I have a new 2022 F250 coming fairly soon, and the dealer is not really offering what I think they should for my old pickup.  So my question is, what do you think it should be worth, if I sell it outright?   I do not want to wait forever trying to sell it, just get a fair price.

NADA and Kelley Blue Book values vary widely from 27K-42K!

2011 F350 4X4 Lariat CCLB 6.2L gas 3.73 axle

Dark Blue Pearl Metallic/Sterling Grey Accent with black interior

OPTIONS

Rubber Floor Mats

Lariat pkg 618A

Chrome Cab steps

Camper Pkg

5th Wheel Prep Pkg

Mud/Splash Guards

Spray In Bedliner

Two Tone paint

96L Lariat Interior Pkg  (Memory Group, Remote start, Rear View Camera, Heated Seats)

The pickup has 49,900 miles on it. The Michelin tires were new about 9000 miles ago. The only defects that I know of, are of a cosmetic nature.  The passenger side has a very shallow crease that starts just behind the front door and stops at the rear fenderwell opening.  The paint never really got scratched through. This is in the lower two tone area, and is really hard to see.  I did not want to have it repaired for fear of aftermarket paint.  There are a couple of small door dings.

This truck sits inside except when being driven. The paint is beautiful, and so is the interior.

Thanks for the help!

2011 F350.jpg

8 hours ago, blackboost said:

I have a new 2022 F250 coming fairly soon, and the dealer is not really offering what I think they should for my old pickup.  So my question is, what do you think it should be worth, if I sell it outright?   I do not want to wait forever trying to sell it, just get a fair price.

NADA and Kelley Blue Book values vary widely from 27K-42K!

2011 F350 4X4 Lariat CCLB 6.2L gas 3.73 axle

Dark Blue Pearl Metallic/Sterling Grey Accent with black interior

OPTIONS

Rubber Floor Mats

Lariat pkg 618A

Chrome Cab steps

Camper Pkg

5th Wheel Prep Pkg

Mud/Splash Guards

Spray In Bedliner

Two Tone paint

96L Lariat Interior Pkg  (Memory Group, Remote start, Rear View Camera, Heated Seats)

The pickup has 49,900 miles on it. The Michelin tires were new about 9000 miles ago. The only defects that I know of, are of a cosmetic nature.  The passenger side has a very shallow crease that starts just behind the front door and stops at the rear fenderwell opening.  The paint never really got scratched through. This is in the lower two tone area, and is really hard to see.  I did not want to have it repaired for fear of aftermarket paint.  There are a couple of small door dings.

This truck sits inside except when being driven. The paint is beautiful, and so is the interior.

Thanks for the help!

All any of us know about prices and value is what you can find online or window shopping at dealers lots.  To not have to deal with the hassle of selling something to the public is worth a lot to me.  I'd do a search on all the common internet sites and get the average or if you think it's in excellent condition use the high value and negotiate with your Ford dealer on how close you can get to that.  The dealer has to make money and they assume all the risk so take that into consideration.  I did my research on my 2017 F350 Platinum, I knew what I wanted for my truck, my dealer offered more than what I expected and so I accepted their first offer.  My 2022 F350 King Ranch will be ready for pick up at my dealer some day next week so my new truck story and wait is coming to a close.  Good luck but for me, selling something is a real PIA and I like the process to be as easy and as painless as possible but negotiate a fair price for both me and the dealer. 

In normal times, and in larger metro areas, a dealer will offer you essentially 75% of blue book trade in value.  This pretty much used to parallel black book, aka wholesale (auction) value.  Market is completely turned upside down right now.  Depends on how many new cars dealer is selling and how many vehicles are on their lot.

Don't like the price the dealer is offering you, then try going around to other dealers, both new or used.  I sold a couple of cars to one used lot who gave me decent dollars.  This lot had newer better condition vehicles and they charged more too.

Just traded my 2012 F250 larait ultimate ccsb to my dealer. I went online to Carmax for a price to buy it. They offered 33,400 for it and offer good for 7 days. Showed the dealer of there offer. Dealer gave me 34,000 for it. Truck had 99,000 miles on it, some rust in the bed cross rails. I was happy with the price.

Go online and see what offers you get.

20220307_122703.jpg

I'm waiting a production date but traded in my vehicle in December when I ordered. I did the KBB offer on the Ford site and the dealer did middle of the range for trade in which was almost what I paid for it 3 years earlier. But I also agree with the sales tax benefit too

On 4/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, 787Toolman said:

To not have to deal with the hassle of selling something to the public is worth a lot to me.

I agree 110%... Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or whatever....is miserable! 

It's always one of the following...

1. Set up meeting time and no show with no call to cancel (and when you call them to see if they are lost, running behind or why they did not show....they do not even answer their phones)

2. The guy that comes out and offers 50% of what you are asking. (And just to toy with them you say "yeah, i may take that, let me think about it"), they look real surprised and then inform you they need to sell a few thing and it may take a couple weeks or ask if you will take payments....lol

3. The guy that comes out to look at what you are selling. Looks at what you are selling for 35 seconds and then talks about everything under the sun (except the item your selling) for an hour and the says "I'll think about it" and leaves, only to call back the next day and want to talk about Biden vs Trump.

and the worst one......

4. The guy that texts and offers to trade you his broken weedeater, 4 John Denver cassette tapes, and a three legged goat named Bill for your $20k boat.

Truck buyers are the worst....the ones that are seriously interested seem to only have a fraction of a percent of the money and need to THEN figure out how to come up with the rest.

....ohhhhh it's brutal!??

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Haha 2

I sell all my vehicals private party. It's a lot easier if you take really good care of your stuff and present it well when you put it up for sale. I can't recall any really bad experiences. Most of my cars/trucks sell to the first, maybe second person that looks at them. There is way to much money left on the table to trade it in to a dealership.

It's too bad that the used car market is being handed over to the dealerships. It is getting harder and harder to buy used. Big business is squeezing the little guy every way they can. If you put in the effort, there isn't a lot of competition amongst private party sales.

Edited by Robin Hood

Thanks to everyone who responded!   NADA trade in was $40,071,  but I it listed at $33,500 locally,  and in the Denver Craigslist.   I have some interest in it, but no check in hand yet.............

04/08 update:  I have the funds in hand now!!

Edited by blackboost
update

21 hours ago, blackboost said:

Thanks to everyone who responded!   NADA trade in was $40,071,  but I it listed at $33,500 locally,  and in the Denver Craigslist.   I have some interest in it, but no check in hand yet.............

I'll trade you a weedeater, 3 john Denver cassette tapes and a goat named robin hood for it.....?

On 4/5/2022 at 5:20 AM, blackboost said:

CarMax?

CarMax's offer was VERY low.  I had nice responses from both the local ads and Craiglist, but was sold from a response off of Craigslist.................... funds in hand!

Update 4/9:  My new pickup arrived at the dealership the day after I sold my old one.  Every now and then I get lucky!

Edited by blackboost
update
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Makes sense, but with my current truck trade-in is $46k, plus on the new purchase I don’t have to pay sales tax on my trade value. So I save almost $4k in sales tax making the truck equivalent to $50k, which I can’t even get anyone interested in. So, this time around it’s a decent deal. I have got 1 scammer messaging me, but no real people. 

Regarding the sales tax advantage of trading in. Does it matter how much is owed on the vehicle?  

For example, you're buying a $60K truck and you get $40K for your trade-in that you owe $30K on.  Do you pay sales tax on $20K or $50K?  If $50K, maybe it would be a good idea to pay off the trade-in just before you do the deal.

In October, when I ordered my new F350, I looked on KBB for the trade value of my 2019 F450 which is in perfect condition with 24k miles, and it showed the average trade in of $77,500. My dealer accepted that and we made a deal. Fast forward to today, my new truck is on a rail car headed my way and I was curious what the value of my truck is now...KBB it is now worth an average trade value of $88,000, the change in such a short amount of time is crazy. However, in my state, you only pay sales tax on the difference between your trade and the new vehicle price, since my trade in is worth more than the new truck, no sales tax is due. Dealer gave me $77,500 for mine and sold me the new one for $77,100, so a big tax savings and hassle free. YMMV.

Edited by rlp450
Missing Info

1 hour ago, 4thTimer said:

Regarding the sales tax advantage of trading in. Does it matter how much is owed on the vehicle?  

For example, you're buying a $60K truck and you get $40K for your trade-in that you owe $30K on.  Do you pay sales tax on $20K or $50K?  If $50K, maybe it would be a good idea to pay off the trade-in just before you do the deal.

What you owe doesn’t matter.  

• Like 1