Scheduling Stopped

MedTJ3

Does anybody know what’s going on with the scheduling? Last week was a scheduling week and Ford said those allocations were getting pushed to the next week. From Ice he clarified that it’s pushed to the next scheduling period. But we are now two consecutive weeks of no scheduling. 

My dealer says they have 10 allocations, they confirmed with their Rep that I have no commodity constraint issues on my order and I am number one for my dealership, “highest priority”. The lack of communication from Ford really sucks. When you call Ford you only get the “customer facing marketing team” that only directs you back to the dealer and then the dealer advises me their Rep has no info and when scheduling starts again I’ll be next….. 

2 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

Does anybody know what’s going on with the scheduling? Last week was a scheduling week and Ford said those allocations were getting pushed to the next week. From Ice he clarified that it’s pushed to the next scheduling period. But we are now two consecutive weeks of no scheduling. 

My dealer says they have 10 allocations, they confirmed with their Rep that I have no commodity constraint issues on my order and I am number one for my dealership, “highest priority”. The lack of communication from Ford really sucks. When you call Ford you only get the “customer facing marketing team” that only directs you back to the dealer and then the dealer advises me their Rep has no info and when scheduling starts again I’ll be next….. 

What else is there to know?  You have vehicles ahead of you waiting to be built.  Just because you don’t have a published commodity issue doesn’t mean the factory has all the parts they need - they’re having intermittent issues with 37 different suppliers.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

What else is there to know?  You have vehicles ahead of you waiting to be built.  Just because you don’t have a published commodity issue doesn’t mean the factory has all the parts they need - they’re having intermittent issues with 37 different suppliers.  

Completely understand that I have vehicle’s ahead of me…  It’s the fact that my dealership has unscheduled allocations. I would understand if my dealership was getting allocations fulfilled and I do have a more elaborate build. But, there are barebone XLTs that are ordered and still not getting allocated.

Also the fact that Fords response through their Marketing Department is to reach back out to my dealer to check for commodity constraints and other issues. So I do and they reach out to the Rep on speaker phone in front of me and all he says is, “I don’t know why your allocations aren’t getting fulfilled this order (mine) should have been picked up with the last batch” and “last we heard was the plant was full and needed a week to catch up” yet, we have gone two weeks of not scheduling super duty’s. At this rate we will all be MY23s.

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

There are probably several weeks of orders already scheduled that can’t be built right now due to parts and/or labor shortages so what would they schedule more?  I don’t know why you can’t understand that.

I don’t know why you can’t understand that, that’s a problem. Why is GM and Ram pushing trucks out?

You don’t know anybodys situation. But when the delivery of the truck is what other commitments are revolving around, it kind of becomes a bigger issue. A little frustrating when you’ve ordered months ago and you see other peoples trucks come in who ordered after you. The only noticeable difference is Location.

and what sense does that make that before getting scheduled they are supposed to vet to make sure they have the parts, and now they are scheduled with no parts???

Edited by MedTJ3

3 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

I purchased my truck from our local dealer, not Ford. All communications I have wanted are received from our dealer in a timely manner. Since you also purchased from a dealer, If you're not happy, make the dealer provide you with customer service.

If you purchase an appliance, do you expect the manufacturers to contact you with reasons for delays? No, you get updates from the retailer where you made the purchase. Why should purchasing a truck be any different.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

I purchased my truck from our local dealer, not Ford. All communications I have wanted are received from our dealer in a timely manner. Since you also purchased from a dealer, If you're not happy, make the dealer provide you with customer service.

If you purchase an appliance, do you expect the manufacturers to contact you with reasons for delays? No, you get updates from the retailer where you made the purchase. Why should purchasing a truck be any different.

What? Ford controls the product. If you read my issue above, you’ll see that I contacted the dealer, who contacted ford. Dealers don’t schedule production. Your point is moot. You should absolutely contact the producer of the product regardless if you are buying through a third party.

Any way you put it, it all points back to ford. Ford has to provide updates and they don’t. My dealer has called their ford rep and he has no answers. And I never said they need to call me, I’ve always worked though my dealer and the provided Order Tracking number.

Edited by MedTJ3

Ford is providing updates.  There is nothing else they can say.  I’ve already explained that Ford is having supplier issues.  So is everybody else.  They have tens of thousands of trucks already scheduled that they’re trying to build but can’t.  Supply chain issues.  I’m trying to buy a few thousand servers but they can’t get NIC cards.  Other mfrs can’t get power supplies.  Literally every part of the truck has the potential to be a delay even if it’s just a trucking issue.

Ford doesn’t keep 6 weeks worth of parts at the plant.  It’s just in time inventory so they expect to have the parts when needed but it isn’t happening.

As for your situation, if you need a truck to make a living and you got rid of the old one before getting the new one, that’s on you.  These supply chain issues have been happening for almost 2 years now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

I don’t know why you can’t understand that, that’s a problem. Why is GM and Ram pushing trucks out?

Nope, GM is in just as bad shape with production issues. No Silverados being produced for the next two weeks.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/chevy-silverado-1500-production-coming-screeching-halt/

Be prepared to wait it out. My F150 was just built, 10 weeks later than the original scheduled build date. It’s going to be over 6 months since I placed my order to delivery. There are folks out there with orders older than mine still waiting!

Not really much you can do, all vehicle manufacturing is in chaos right now.

15 minutes ago, jz777 said:

Nope, GM is in just as bad shape with production issues. No Silverados being produced for the next two weeks.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/chevy-silverado-1500-production-coming-screeching-halt/

Be prepared to wait it out. My F150 was just built, 10 weeks later than the original scheduled build date. It’s going to be over 6 months since I placed my order to delivery. There are folks out there with orders older than mine still waiting!

Not really much you can do, all vehicle manufacturing is in chaos right now.

I know, it’s just crazy. I don’t know why silverados are held up though. My local dealership just got 4 HDs in on a stock order. I don’t know how GM handles their ordering compared to ford. 

I know it’s going to be a waiting game. I just wish when my dealer called the rep he had an actual answer for what the hold up is. I understand, chip shortages and commodity shortages, but like the guy commented on here earlier, he said trucks that were scheduled are delayed now. But from what the Rep said and what I’ve read on here, is when you go into previewing, it is basically looking to make sure they have the parts to build the truck. Then once they confirm, you get scheduled. So how are trucks that are scheduled, being held up for parts shortages when that was supposed to have been checked prior to scheduling?! 

We are military and getting ready to move and the plan was to move into a 5th wheel due to the next year moving base to base for training. But the problem is, I ordered this truck took off even the 5th wheel package (which is most important in this plan haha) and we still can’t get scheduled. It’s more of an annoyance that Ford can’t look at my order or my dealership and say “this is why”. They just blanket statement a chip shortage. But other trucks are being built. Trucks ordered after me are showing up. You see it all over this forum page. The frustration is real. 

18 minutes ago, MedTJ3 said:

I know, it’s just crazy. I don’t know why silverados are held up though. My local dealership just got 4 HDs in on a stock order. I don’t know how GM handles their ordering compared to ford. 

I know it’s going to be a waiting game. I just wish when my dealer called the rep he had an actual answer for what the hold up is. I understand, chip shortages and commodity shortages, but like the guy commented on here earlier, he said trucks that were scheduled are delayed now. But from what the Rep said and what I’ve read on here, is when you go into previewing, it is basically looking to make sure they have the parts to build the truck. Then once they confirm, you get scheduled. So how are trucks that are scheduled, being held up for parts shortages when that was supposed to have been checked prior to scheduling?! 

We are military and getting ready to move and the plan was to move into a 5th wheel due to the next year moving base to base for training. But the problem is, I ordered this truck took off even the 5th wheel package (which is most important in this plan haha) and we still can’t get scheduled. It’s more of an annoyance that Ford can’t look at my order or my dealership and say “this is why”. They just blanket statement a chip shortage. But other trucks are being built. Trucks ordered after me are showing up. You see it all over this forum page. The frustration is real. 

I watched trucks ordered after mine getting built also. The problem is parts shortages changing day by day. If Ford is expecting a shipment of headlamps on a certain date and the manufacturer ends up delaying the order, well, then trucks using that headlamp don’t get built on time. I’ve chatted with folks working at Ford and they tell me wiper motors to door modules, even coat hooks don’t show up as  planned and it delays builds. If Ford could tell you what’s holding you up, another part could be an issue a day later. No way Ford could keep things moving if everyone tried to change orders to schedule quicker, it would be a nightmare for them.

Anyone who absolutely needs a truck within a certain time frame would be better off buying off a dealer’s lot until things improve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford is providing updates.  There is nothing else they can say.  I’ve already explained that Ford is having supplier issues.  So is everybody else.  They have tens of thousands of trucks already scheduled that they’re trying to build but can’t.  Supply chain issues.  I’m trying to buy a few thousand servers but they can’t get NIC cards.  Other mfrs can’t get power supplies.  Literally every part of the truck has the potential to be a delay even if it’s just a trucking issue.

Ford doesn’t keep 6 weeks worth of parts at the plant.  It’s just in time inventory so they expect to have the parts when needed but it isn’t happening.

As for your situation, if you need a truck to make a living and you got rid of the old one before getting the new one, that’s on you.  These supply chain issues have been happening for almost 2 years now.

Bro, you literally don’t know me. I’m in the military and we got picked up for an assignment. But I have to go to a few schools for a little bit over a year. So instead of moving my family in and out of hotels, we’ve decided to buy a 5th wheel and move around that way. To difficult to find good accommodations for all of us, two dogs and our essentials and move in and out every couple months. It has nothing to do with making a living and more to do with easing the burden of the military on my family. I ordered back in Early October and yes I’m aware there are people waiting longer. At that time my dealer told me 12-16 weeks. Too easy. We don’t need it until Around June. Now, obviously that timeline didn’t pan out and I spoke to other dealers along this journey and they all told me that if I ordered what I needed from them, I would just be behind the order I already placed. Way more info then you needed but this is why I’m frustrated that I’m getting no information from ford or my dealer on what to expect. I like the fords, I’ve done a lot of research in what we need for this next year and that’s  why we went all in. I don’t care if you think I’m complaining, but not everything is as cookie cutter as, well you just have to wait. I ordered clearly on bad advice from my dealer and now this is where I’m at.

Edited by MedTJ3

24 minutes ago, jz777 said:

I watched trucks ordered after mine getting built also. The problem is parts shortages changing day by day. If Ford is expecting a shipment of headlamps on a certain date and the manufacturer ends up delaying the order, well, then trucks using that headlamp don’t get built on time. I’ve chatted with folks working at Ford and they tell me wiper motors to door modules, even coat hooks don’t show up as  planned and it delays builds. If Ford could tell you what’s holding you up, another part could be an issue a day later. No way Ford could keep things moving if everyone tried to change orders to schedule quicker, it would be a nightmare for them.

Anyone who absolutely needs a truck within a certain time frame would be better off buying off a dealer’s lot until things improve.

Thought about doing that myself, but I’m in the DC area and everything is 10-12K over MSRP and that’s IF any of these dealers have any. I have an X plan code but nobody is honoring those right now. The only other trucks that I would consider is a Sierra 2500 but I honestly feel like for the price compared to Ford, I’d be losing out on a lot. And those are also 10-15K over MSRP.

Edited by MedTJ3

Totally understand your frustration, you have more time pressures on you than most of us.  If you haven't already, make sure your dealer has your order priority set at 10.  You can also ask your dealer to contact their Ford rep and set the order priority to 2.  With the age of your order and circumstances I would think your dealer would have already done so; however wouldn't hurt to confirm.  Good luck, hang in there!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PineNut said:

Totally understand your frustration, you have more time pressures on you than most of us.  If you haven't already, make sure your dealer has your order priority set at 10.  You can also ask your dealer to contact their Ford rep and set the order priority to 2.  With the age of your order and circumstances I would think your dealer would have already done so; however wouldn't hurt to confirm.  Good luck, hang in there!

I’ve asked about being moved up, and it’s almost like the dealer doesn’t want to ask. They said they put me at 15 because their next lowest was 16. So they said I’m next in line, however as we get closer they said they would get pushing my number down. Not exactly sure how it works. But the way they explained it was as long as I’m the lowest number, I’m highest priority at the dealership level.

1 hour ago, MedTJ3 said:

I’ve asked about being moved up, and it’s almost like the dealer doesn’t want to ask. They said they put me at 15 because their next lowest was 16. So they said I’m next in line, however as we get closer they said they would get pushing my number down. Not exactly sure how it works. But the way they explained it was as long as I’m the lowest number, I’m highest priority at the dealership level.

The dealer can set priority from 10 to 19 which determines which builds the dealership wants in what order..  Ford regional or corporate can set a priority of 1 or 2.  1 is only used for extraordinary circumstances like a vehicle destroyed in shipment or the like.  Priority 2 would at least put you as far forward in the line as possible.  Have you been working with the sales person or sales manager?  Try asking for the general manager, explain your circumstances and ask directly for them to contact Ford and get you set to priority 2.  It's still no guarantee that your build will happen since there are a lot of priority 2 orders and they still have to have parts for your build but it may make the difference.

It used to be dealers would order basic optioned vehicles for inventory.  Customers would find one that was optioned close to what they wanted and buy it.  When dealer inventory went away a lot more customers ordered their vehicle with the exact options they wanted.  Dealers didn't order stock trucks with 5th wheel prep or spray bed liners because not all customers wanted them and if they did the dealer or aftermarket would handle it.  Now the factory is seeing a lot of demand for these options that they don't have the capacity for, or due to supply chain issues they don't have the parts for. It's going to take a while for the manufacturer's to adjust their capacities to supply demand.  

Options are not the only issue that has disrupted the system.  Ford has literally hundreds of suppliers for a particular vehicle. The supplier has multiple suppliers who has thier own suppliers.  Ford, like most manufactures operates on a just in time inventory.  When they schedule a particular build three or four weeks out they looking at what parts are forecasted to be available.  If a hiccup happens anywhere in the chain then the schedule is blown up and Ford has to start moving some builds out and other builds sooner depending on parts availability.

You probably all ready know much of this, but maybe something here can help you or at least understand what's going on.  

Also, and not the least, thank you for you and your family's service.. Good luck to you!

Edited by PineNut
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

What? Ford controls the product. If you read my issue above, you’ll see that I contacted the dealer, who contacted ford. Dealers don’t schedule production. Your point is moot. You should absolutely contact the producer of the product regardless if you are buying through a third party.

Any way you put it, it all points back to ford. Ford has to provide updates and they don’t. My dealer has called their ford rep and he has no answers. And I never said they need to call me, I’ve always worked though my dealer and the provided Order Tracking number.

The dealers may not schedule orders, but using priority codes, they play a significant part in advising the OEM which orders from their USOB they want scheduled first, subject to commodity restraints.  Your dealer clearly underestimated (lied) on the expected delivery, so what are they doing to manage and expedite your order. How have they changed your priority code, and most important, when did they get you to priority 1 or 2. I ordered 31st August and my dealer had me at priority1 or 2 by December. Another question for your dealer - how many SD orders were ahead of yours. If they promised a 12-16 week delivery, their Super Duty USOB must have been minimal.

Seems the root cause is your dealer, who you posted advised 12 - 16 weeks delivery. Back in October that was highly unlikely. When I ordered, my dealer advised the wait was about 6 months, then in early December he provided an update. Due to commodity restraints and production losses, it could an additional couple of months. My dealer is managing my order effectively and providing me whatever information is available. My priority code changed every month, as prior orders were scheduled, until it got changed to 1 or 2. Make your dealer provide the same level of service, as calling Ford and advising you they have no answers, is about s useful as their initial delivery estimate.

Good luck contacting the manufacturer of most products, I suspect they will provide the same as you are getting from Ford - talk to your dealer.

Edit - Just saw your subsequent post that advised your dealer still has you at a dealer priority of 15. You ordered in October, so by February, your dealer should have been in contact with their Ford Regional Manager to change your priority to 1 or 2. All other effective dealers that have orders newer than yours and have got a priority of 1 or 2, now have a much higher chance of being scheduled.

Sorry, but your dealer really isn't providing you with customer service.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

Trucks ordered after me are showing up. You see it all over this forum page. The frustration is real. 

13 hours ago, jz777 said:

I’ve explained this over and over and now jz777 just explained it again in more detail.  PARTS AREN'T SHOWING UP WHEN THEYRE SUPPOSED TO.  Everywhere.  All manufacturing not just autos.    It literally changes day to day.  Some vehicles are getting built and parked waiting on parts.

I understand your frustration but more communication isn’t necessary and the only thing left to do is get your dealer to contact the zone rep and see if they’ll change it to priority 2.  If you want that exact truck you just need to wait.  You might need to consider buying a used one temporarily.  Might still take a few months to build it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I’ve explained this over and over and now jz777 just explained it again in more detail.  PARTS AREN'T SHOWING UP WHEN THEYRE SUPPOSED TO.  Everywhere.  All manufacturing not just autos.    It literally changes day to day.  Some vehicles are getting built and parked waiting on parts.

I understand your frustration but more communication isn’t necessary and the only thing left to do is get your dealer to contact the zone rep and see if they’ll change it to priority 2.  If you want that exact truck you just need to wait.  You might need to consider buying a used one temporarily.  Might still take a few months to build it.

I got you. But my issue isn’t what you guys are telling me. It’s the fact that I’m with my dealer and he calls the ford Rep and all the ford rep says is, this should have been scheduled already. What you guys are saying makes sense. Why keep scheduling if your can’t keep up with production because of parts not being in. I was just upset that to me, they keep telling me, I “should” be scheduled. Now, if the Rep would just say when you said, instead of coming on here, I’d be happy that they at least communicated that to me. I’m not saying they need to keep me in the loop with every decision they make. However, like I said before I just need transparency so I can keep other plans in line.

3 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

I got you. But my issue isn’t what you guys are telling me. It’s the fact that I’m with my dealer and he calls the ford Rep and all the ford rep says is, this should have been scheduled already. What you guys are saying makes sense. Why keep scheduling if your can’t keep up with production because of parts not being in. I was just upset that to me, they keep telling me, I “should” be scheduled. Now, if the Rep would just say when you said, instead of coming on here, I’d be happy that they at least communicated that to me. I’m not saying they need to keep me in the loop with every decision they make. However, like I said before I just need transparency so I can keep other plans in line.

Please contact your dealer and have them fix your priority code. If you don't get success with the salesman, go to the Sales Manager, GM or owner, until you get action.

Another dealer with a newer order (similar truck) that is priority 2, would most likely get scheduled before your older order. Good luck on getting the priority changed and getting scheduled.

• Like 1

I have an Expedition on order and have not received any notice yet that indicates anything about production dates etc. In looking at the production schedules that are posted, it looks like the week oh 3/21/22 they scheduled orders to be built in May. So can I assume that if my order was scheduled I should probable have received a notice that my vehicle was scheduled for production and received a VIN # ? And the likely hood that they will add another production week in April at this point is pretty mute?  I would appreciate any insight.

6 hours ago, Sgarfield said:

I have an Expedition on order and have not received any notice yet that indicates anything about production dates etc. In looking at the production schedules that are posted, it looks like the week oh 3/21/22 they scheduled orders to be built in May. So can I assume that if my order was scheduled I should probable have received a notice that my vehicle was scheduled for production and received a VIN # ? And the likely hood that they will add another production week in April at this point is pretty mute?  I would appreciate any insight.

Your dealer has all the information available 24/7. They are the best resource to ask for updates, as unless your dealer correctly entered your email you won't receive updates from Ford.

The plant's production schedule is not connected to the scheduling. Latest information posted by Ice Capades is that FTP is in production this week and as per one of the KTP employees a couple of weeks ago, they are working 3 shifts. I also note my Window Sticker shows they plan to build over 3,000 trucks the day mine is scheduled, so I suspect that requires all shifts operating.