Stellantis/FCA Q1 2022 Sales Figures

rmc523

It baffles me how FCA strung along the Dodge and Chrysler brands for years, yet they still continue to sell in decent numbers with extremely old product.  The time, energy, and money invested into Fiat/Alfa has been a huge waste for less than 4,000 vehicles per quarter between the two brands.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 4:06 PM, mustang84isu said:

It baffles me how FCA strung along the Dodge and Chrysler brands for years, yet they still continue to sell in decent numbers with extremely old product.  The time, energy, and money invested into Fiat/Alfa has been a huge waste for less than 4,000 vehicles per quarter between the two brands.

Two simple reasons......Hemi for Dodge and Minivan for both Dodge and Chrysler.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

And at least in the past, cheaper prices.

I think in the past is correct. I priced a Ram Laramie compared to a Lariat I ordered. I tried to compare apples to apples the best I could, with the Ram being around 10K higher.

2 hours ago, IA Diver said:

I think in the past is correct. I priced a Ram Laramie compared to a Lariat I ordered. I tried to compare apples to apples the best I could, with the Ram being around 10K higher.

You can’t do any price comparisons right now because of the supply situation.  Eventually it will get back to normal.

18 minutes ago, IA Diver said:

I would think it would be valid. Build sheet to build sheet, option to option, MSRP to MSRP. 

Nope that’s not valid because in the past you might have had a premium trim F150 and Ram that stickered close to the same MSRP but Ford had a $1500 rebate while Ram might have had $6000 making the Ram way cheaper.  Or Ram dealers may have been giving bigger dealer discounts than Ford dealers especially if there were non public dealer incentives.   It’s all about street price and a lot of people will buy whatever is cheaper whether it’s trucks or cars or SUVs. 

I don’t think Ram was significantly cheaper than F150 2 years ago though as they’ve improved dramatically and now Silverado seems to be closer to that position.  But the same applies to all those chargers and challengers they sold over the years.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:31 AM, akirby said:

It’s all about street price and a lot of people will buy whatever is cheaper whether it’s trucks or cars or SUVs. 

For Stellantis brands in the U.S. market, only Fiat falls into the "whatever is cheaper" category. Earlier this year, Edmunds reported Fiat had the second lowest average price paid of any car brand's buyers, over $15,000 less than the average new car. All of Stellantis' other brands had above average prices, ranging from about $2,500 above average for Chrysler to about $14,000 above average for Ram.

In terms of "deals", Alfa Romeo had the biggest average markdown from MSRP of any brand at about $3,400 below sticker. The other Stellantis brands ranged from slight markdown for Ram to slight markups for Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Fiat. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, akirby said:

Nope that’s not valid because in the past you might have had a premium trim F150 and Ram that stickered close to the same MSRP but Ford had a $1500 rebate while Ram might have had $6000 making the Ram way cheaper.  Or Ram dealers may have been giving bigger dealer discounts than Ford dealers especially if there were non public dealer incentives.   It’s all about street price and a lot of people will buy whatever is cheaper whether it’s trucks or cars or SUVs. 

I don’t think Ram was significantly cheaper than F150 2 years ago though as they’ve improved dramatically and now Silverado seems to be closer to that position.  But the same applies to all those chargers and challengers they sold over the years.

I would think it would be safe to say Ford is/was the least generous with incentives-so yea. Right now -it seems that GM is offering incentives with the Silverado-even if they are small ones currently. In 2018 when I saw the look of the redesigned 2019 Silverado I went down and bought a 2018. It was $12,00.00 off sticker and a good $5,000.00 less than Ford-which swayed my purchase decision.

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1