Am I Crazy? My wife thinks so.

CBears

Been waiting since August. Tracked train car to auto distribution center. Got there this evening. Buddy of mine and I took the day off and are driving there tomorrow to see if I can see her from the road. ?. It’s about 80 miles away and we’re picking up BBQ for lunch after. 

Wife thinks I’m crazy.  What do you think?  Sounds like a great reason for a road trip to me. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CBears said:

Been waiting since August. Tracked train car to auto distribution center. Got there this evening. Buddy of mine and I took the day off and are driving there tomorrow to see if I can see her from the road. ?. It’s about 80 miles away and we’re picking up BBQ for lunch after. 

Wife thinks I’m crazy.  What do you think?  Sounds like a great reason for a road trip to me. 

My train car is due about 90 miles up from me, I must admit, the thought crossed my mind to go and see if I could see it, but then my sense came back and I said, nah, I'll wait till it gets to the dealer and maybe see it as it comes off truck since it's only 10 mins from my work.?

• Like 2

You could definitely see it, but I just talked to my dealer about offering to go pick it up from the trainyard in Montreal (when it arrives there) and apparently there's a liability issue and Ford needs to ensure the vehicles are delivered directly to the dealer. Shoot, I'd drive from Ottawa, ON to Michigan to go pick mine up right from the factory!!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CBears said:

Great reason for a road trip.   

I hit 20 weeks since ordering this week.  Aside from the "thanks for your order" email from the factory, I've heard nothing else.  Dealer tells me that my order is clean but it remains unscheduled.   So, I'm pretty sure that I'd make that trip too.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CBears said:

I don’t think crazy people (i.e. probably everyone here) can identify other crazy people, so your wife is probably right. That being said, heck yes, no question you should go!

I totally lucked out in my case and by chance happened to see the transport coming into town. I followed it to the dealership and watched it get off loaded. It was great!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I believe that there is quite a bit of security around these rail yards, and if there are a lot of vehicles parked on the ramp you might go all that way and never even get to see it.  Mine has been on the ramp waiting for a ride to the dealer since last week and is about 75 miles away from me.  However, the more realistic side of me convinced myself that with my luck, I would drive all that way only to find it had already left on the truck before I got there.  As long as it is at the ramp, it will be at your dealer soon!

• Thanks 1

My dad was a big train buff, and back when I was a kid we’d go to the rail yard and wander around, no gates or anything.  Security might stop by and ask what we were doing and my dad would say just watching trains, and they were cool with it.  Now I’m sure they are way more locked down. 
probably a waste of a trip, but if the Q is really good, it’s worth the trip. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CBears said:

Not crazy in my eyes, I would do that in a second! I love a good road trip ?.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

Not crazy in my eyes, I would do that in a second! I love a good road trip ?.

Hahaha, we made it there. HUGE parking lot next to train tracks. Hundreds of vehicles. Completely surrounded by 8 foot fence and razor wire. Couldn’t have picked mine out with any amount of trying. Still a fun trip and KC BBQ is never a bad time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make lemonade out of lemons!  Can't pass up good BBQ! 

On a related note, I just got pinged that my truck was on the move and I am able to track it in near real time as it rolls down the road on it's way to my dealer.  It should be there in less than 2 hours!  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Good thing I didn’t drive to the rail yard. Got photos this morning from the sales rep that she’s at the dealership! I should take delivery on Wednesday after she gets her upgrades

Such great news!!!  Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

On a related note, I just got pinged that my truck was on the move and I am able to track it in near real time as it rolls down the road on it's way to my dealer.  It should be there in less than 2 hours!  

Lucky. I don’t know how to do that. 

3 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

It has arrived at the dealer and according to the delivery receipt, no dents dings or scratches (unlike two of the other vehicles on the load).  Just completed my e-sign docs and working to schedule a pick up

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

It has arrived at the dealer and according to the delivery receipt, no dents dings or scratches (unlike two of the other vehicles on the load).  Just completed my e-sign docs and working to schedule a pick up

Jealous!  I wonder what feels longer... The wait from the time you order till you get a VIN, or Shipped until delivered? 

MAYBE some day I will find out. 

1 hour ago, DrEvil said:

Jealous!  I wonder what feels longer... The wait from the time you order till you get a VIN, or Shipped until delivered? 

MAYBE some day I will find out. 

Former is longer, latter is harder. ?

• Haha 1