What color?

I just ordered a F450 Platinum and can’t decide on the color.  I love the Marsala interior and initial thought the Carbonized  Gray was the way to go, but that is a common color.  I’m thinking of the Star white, or Iconic Silver.  The Antimatter blue is awesome in person, but I don’t think it will match the Marsala interior.  I have a couple of weeks to make a decision and since this will be my first Ford and being new to the forum, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.  

My oxford white F150 is really showing its age of late.  Ad to that multiple years of living in white commercial work trucks & I am very much looking forward to the stone gray F250.   Iconic silver was a close second & maybe even carbonized grey.  I'm opposed to loud "look at me" colors, but we all have our own tastes.  ?

• Like 1

image.png.c36ab56c27c1292869de9357332b511b.png

Took a stock photo from Ford of a Marsala interior. The top blue is from Ford's promotional pictures of the Tremor in Antimatter blue. The middle bar is from a dealership lot of a antimatter blue F350. 

I'm sure you already know what it looks like really varies wildly by lighting. 

Just me, personally, I like it. I ordered my F350 in Rapid Red, kind of regretting not getting Antimatter Blue now -- it's such a cool paint in how wildly different it is based on lighting. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gom said:

image.png.c36ab56c27c1292869de9357332b511b.png

Took a stock photo from Ford of a Marsala interior. The top blue is from Ford's promotional pictures of the Tremor in Antimatter blue. The middle bar is from a dealership lot of a antimatter blue F350. 

I'm sure you already know what it looks like really varies wildly by lighting. 

Just me, personally, I like it. I ordered my F350 in Rapid Red, kind of regretting not getting Antimatter Blue now -- it's such a cool paint in how wildly different it is based on lighting. 

Hardest decision I had was picking color, i struggled and went from Rapid Red to Antimatter Blue/Stone Gray.  This Antimatter paint has consumed me ever since, I see a ton of cars everyday that is a close second to Antimatter, very intriguing color that I can't stop looking for.  I think the top picture is Atlas Blue.  My current 2017 F350 is Ruby Red and I love it, something about Rapid Red that turned me away, like an orange tint in certain light.

• Like 1

I went with a Lariat because I couldn't stand the interior color options on the King Ranch and Platinum.  Went with Iconic Silver exterior because I wanted something that didn't show dirt as bad as the darker colors and but didn't want it to look like a Gov'ment truck either.  F450 wont fit in the automatic car wash so it may get a bath once a month, if that. Not really a fan of any of the Super Duty colors.

• Like 1

Went with a stone gray Lariat (being shipped now).  Partly due to not seeing many that color around here, should not show the gravel road dust as much as some other colors, and after driving blue trucks for over 26 years (USAF) I just can't do a blue truck ?

Really debated on interior color and finally went with boring black. Would have loved a dark brown (like a dark saddle leather); the light tan option is just way too light light for my taste.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trublu1068 said:

I just ordered a F450 Platinum and can’t decide on the color.  I love the Marsala interior and initial thought the Carbonized  Gray was the way to go, but that is a common color.  I’m thinking of the Star white, or Iconic Silver.  The Antimatter blue is awesome in person, but I don’t think it will match the Marsala interior.  I have a couple of weeks to make a decision and since this will be my first Ford and being new to the forum, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.  

You have more than a couple weeks to decide because MY22 orders are closed. There may be other colors to decide from for MY23.  

Anyway,  I  thought about what would go with what as far as interior/exterior and realized that for me anyway, it just didn't matter because you don't normally see both at the same time unless you're outside with the doors open.  I don't think you can really go wrong.  I wanted a blue and Iooked at Antimatter which seemed pretty darn close to black. Tempting though but went with Atlas Blue.

• Like 1

I traded a Rapid Red that I owned for 9 months before the dealer coaxed it away from me with lots of $'s and ordered a new 450 in Rapid Red again.  Except this time I went up to a Platinum.  Had to stay with the boring black interior.  I really wanted to go with the dark marsala interior but the rapid red just won me over too much to go grey or god forbit white to get it.  I have had too many white and gray vehicles over the years.

• Like 1