Dealer Interaction

So we’re looking to buy a new Nautilus.  Found 2 that fit the bill in the online inventory - both are dealer orders that haven’t arrived yet.  So I email the sales managers at both dealerships saying I see you have a vehicle on order and asking if it’s for sale or already sold, asking price and if they’re taking x plan.  I included a screen shot including the vin.

First dealer - I can’t see the vin.  Send me the last eight characters.  So I did.  His response?  That one is still at the plant.  No shit Sherlock - how about answering my question?

2nd dealer - invalid email address.  So I use the website chat and just ask if the vehicle is available.  Let me get your number and I’ll have a sales consultant call you.  I don’t want anyone to call me, if you can’t answer a simple question then I’ll call myself.  Ugh.

Very frustrating.  Now Deanh will come along to tell me how it’s the customer’s fault.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So we’re looking to buy a new Nautilus.  Found 2 that fit the bill in the online inventory - both are dealer orders that haven’t arrived yet.  So I email the sales managers at both dealerships saying I see you have a vehicle on order and asking if it’s for sale or already sold, asking price and if they’re taking x plan.  I included a screen shot including the vin.

First dealer - I can’t see the vin.  Send me the last eight characters.  So I did.  His response?  That one is still at the plant.  No shit Sherlock - how about answering my question?

2nd dealer - invalid email address.  So I use the website chat and just ask if the vehicle is available.  Let me get your number and I’ll have a sales consultant call you.  I don’t want anyone to call me, if you can’t answer a simple question then I’ll call myself.  Ugh.

Very frustrating.  Now Deanh will come along to tell me how it’s the customer’s fault.

Have you advised them who they're messing with?

HRG

• Haha 4

Is it surprising anyone that Ford is wanting to split the dealer body and rewrite their franchise agreements?  Feel bad for a lot of the dealer's out there, but the model needs to change. Maybe us 50-80 year old's still want to deal with all the clunkiness of a typical dealer, but talking with anyone under the age of 40 and their world perspective is completely different.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Have you advised them who they're messing with?

HRG

48 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

He doesn't want to become internet famous like some people around here ? 

20 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well, you DID set the bar pretty high,,,,,,

HRG

Sounds like a good story...

Let's hear it. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Wow! What a saga. I figured it was referencing someone on this forum. Maybe it was. 

Just also goes to show how our posts on these forums can follow us. Be careful what you say. 

(cough)…silvrsvt…(cough).   That’s why he said it like that.

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

(cough)…silvrsvt…(cough).   That’s why he said it like that.

I was trying, for once in my life, to be (cough) subtle (cough) lol. 

Edit: Actually, rmc523 made the cough comment, but I see above how it was said silver set the bar high. 

Edited by Black Label

51 minutes ago, Black Label said:

I was trying, for once in my life, to be (cough) subtle (cough) lol. 

Edit: Actually, rmc523 made the cough comment, but I see above how it was said silver set the bar high. 

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

He doesn't want to become internet famous like some people around here ? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Black Label said:

I know, and it doesn't really matter except I am just saying it was rmc523 who made the initial Bronco cough comment. As a relatively still newbie here I was trying to figure out who it was all referencing for sure. Got it now. 

Gotcha - I was just showing you what I was referring to with my comment.

• Like 1

The funny thing is that a very particular poster who has been banned here made a comment to me in that shitshow thread. 

I've been "careful" in what I have said and are saying about this. I'll give the whole post mortem hopefully sometime next month when I get it. 

The funniest thing that happened with this was my wife's uncle saw the Jalopnik article and was like whoa that was screwed up and had no idea it was me till his wife told him LOL

My coworkers are constantly asking me for updates too...

• Like 1

I made an online review about a dealer in my area about a year and a half ago. Framed it very politely but got my point across. I received a phone call from the newly hired service manager who sort of bent over backwards to win back my business. So, online reviews can be productive as long as you don't go all crazy like @silvrsvt haha! Just kidding...

Edited by Black Label
Because no matter if I proofread, I make 72 errors.
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The funny thing is that a very particular poster who has been banned here made a comment to me in that shitshow thread. 

I've been "careful" in what I have said and are saying about this. I'll give the whole post mortem hopefully sometime next month when I get it. 

The funniest thing that happened with this was my wife's uncle saw the Jalopnik article and was like whoa that was screwed up and had no idea it was me till his wife told him LOL

My coworkers are constantly asking me for updates too...

Ha, I now am noticing your crossed out 2021 in your signature line. 

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

Well I just gave them a deposit and the sales lady told me it is on microchip hold with an eta of 4/29, which is probably too optimistic.  But better than starting from scratch.  And they are taking x plan.

Impressive they are taking x plan for a stock vehicle en route (or soon to be) to the dealership at this point.  Congrats! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Impressive they are taking x plan for a stock vehicle en route (or soon to be) to the dealership at this point.  Congrats! 

I was surprised too but they have a lot of Nautili in stock including 2021 models so go figure.

15 hours ago, kyle said:

Is it surprising anyone that Ford is wanting to split the dealer body and rewrite their franchise agreements?  Feel bad for a lot of the dealer's out there, but the model needs to change. Maybe us 50-80 year old's still want to deal with all the clunkiness of a typical dealer, but talking with anyone under the age of 40 and their world perspective is completely different.  

So what happen to Lincoln Concierge service that covered the whole experience of buying to ownership? And I believe the average Lincoln buyer is over 60 years old. Why buy a Lincoln if service is no better than average Ford dealer. I thought Lincoln would come to your house and do pick up, drop off, and give you a loaner.