Ford Pro Power

Has anyone thought about or actually added the Ford Pro Power of the F150 to their Super Duty? If you have, would you detail the parts needed and procedure to install it?  My '22 Lariat currently has the 5th wheel prep trailer plug receptacles in the bed. Since I am not likely to use this feature for the foreseeable future, I'd like to get 110v/12v plugs in their place.

2 hours ago, sandbaja said:

I'm pretty sure it's much more than adding a couple of outlets, larger inverter and harness. Battery capacity and software management would be key blockers for starters. 

On the inverter, perhaps. There are two outlets in the cab already.  I've got a 397amp alternator and dual batteries, so that part is covered as much as it possibly can be.  

Edit:  I just looked at ford's video about the pro power system. Yeah, it's all integrated, and embedded. Generator it is, then.... ?

Edited by Latebraking

Im sure you could make something similar with aftermarket products. Find an Inverter out of an RV, trigger it from an upfitter switch, if you wanted to get really fancy you could probably even make it power the factory f150 plugs in the bed. Might also want to consider a high idle switch for the set up.

• Like 1

I think that by the time you bought all the parts and installed them correctly you will have exceeded the cost of a capable generator.  

Also consider that the battery or batteries in a truck are not deep cycle, they are for short intermittent loads.  Running them down repeatedly will drastically shorten their life.  On the F150’s with this option, hybrids will run off the lithium batteries until a certain point and then the truck starts to recharge everything.  On non-hybrid F150’s and also on the Super Duty, the truck has to be running for the system to operate.  I would much rather run my 60 lb. one cylinder, gas-sipping, quiet generator (Generac GP3000i) than my big block gas hog V8 to power my RV.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

⬆️

There is always that one guy that does not know what is really going on.....???

Not sure why that is funny?  The 7.3 with snow plow prep has two batteries and two alternators.  Were you poking fun at the other guy for saying his alternator (singular) was 397 amps?

Edited by NH_Bulldog

I was just poking at him a little bit..... I believe I asked the same question when I got the truck?  Because Ford States 397 alternator but never says 397 total dual alternators.

So it does get quite confusing, comma just a little ribbing..... I was gonna wait for him to say Yup one big  Honking alternator

Damn this voice to text I have to edit 3 times while driving???

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I was just poking at him a little bit..... I believe I asked the same question when I got the truck?  Because Ford States 397 alternator but never says 397 total dual alternators.

So it does get quite confusing, comma just a little ribbing..... I was gonna wait for him to say Yup one big  Honking alternator

Damn this voice to text I have to edit 3 times while driving???

Holy crap, that would one huge alternator! It's definitely dual alternators -  ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...