What does Final Preparation mean?

CBears

Last night the tracker changed to Final Preparation. I’m wondering what this means. The shipper website still says pending on trucking my truck from the rail yard to the dealer. And I haven’t heard from my dealer yet. Not surprising because it is a weekend but….

Does this normally mean it’s made it to the dealer? 

1 hour ago, CBears said:

Last night the tracker changed to Final Preparation. I’m wondering what this means. The shipper website still says pending on trucking my truck from the rail yard to the dealer. And I haven’t heard from my dealer yet. Not surprising because it is a weekend but….

Does this normally mean it’s made it to the dealer? 

I can only speak for my order but, when it was at the rail yard it was still showing shipped; however, once I got the call from my sales associate that she was at the dealership I checked the tracker and it showed final preparation. Hell, I took delivery on Friday evening and it’s still showing final preparation. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies. It’s just so frustrating because final prep does seem like it should be at the dealer but the trucking company site still says pending. And it seems weird that the truck would have delivered it to the dealer in a Saturday. Guess maybe I’ll find out tomorrow if it is at the dealer. 

25 minutes ago, CBears said:

Thank you for the replies. It’s just so frustrating because final prep does seem like it should be at the dealer but the trucking company site still says pending. And it seems weird that the truck would have delivered it to the dealer in a Saturday. Guess maybe I’ll find out tomorrow if it is at the dealer. 

Trucking companies vary widely in terms of what kind of tracking they support. It ranges from some guy who owns a truck and uses his cellphone for everything all the way to corporate trucking companies with fleets of thousands of trucks and specialized software and processes for everything.

Ironically, the worst of those, when it comes to communications/tracking, is going to be the merger of the two. That is to say a corporate trucking company that contracts independent truckers or smaller companies to handle a load. Then you have a hard disconnect because the corporate doesn't want the customer talking to the driver who they've contracted.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is the dealer is the most reliable link in that chain and it sounds like the dealer has marked it as being in final prep. So, yay, your truck is delivered.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gom said:

Trucking companies vary widely in terms of what kind of tracking they support. It ranges from some guy who owns a truck and uses his cellphone for everything all the way to corporate trucking companies with fleets of thousands of trucks and specialized software and processes for everything.

Ironically, the worst of those, when it comes to communications/tracking, is going to be the merger of the two. That is to say a corporate trucking company that contracts independent truckers or smaller companies to handle a load. Then you have a hard disconnect because the corporate doesn't want the customer talking to the driver who they've contracted.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is the dealer is the most reliable link in that chain and it sounds like the dealer has marked it as being in final prep. So, yay, your truck is delivered.

That is really what I was hoping for. I feel really bad for all the folks waiting on theirs right now. Seems like things are just getting worse all the time. I’ve been waiting for 8 months and am really looking forward to finally driving her home. 

Yep, my truck has landed at the dealership.  I sent them a text this morning and they looked and it had been "night dropped" over the weekend.  Has passed "PDI" inspection and is heading off for clean up.  Hopefully I'll be able to check her out today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CBears said:

Yep, my truck has landed at the dealership.  I sent them a text this morning and they looked and it had been "night dropped" over the weekend.  Has passed "PDI" inspection and is heading off for clean up.  Hopefully I'll be able to check her out today or tomorrow.

I'm happy for you.  Our journeys were similar.  You ordered a little before me and are getting yours a little after me.  I picked mine up this past Friday afternoon.  It is an awesome truck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButlerDan said:

I'm happy for you.  Our journeys were similar.  You ordered a little before me and are getting yours a little after me.  I picked mine up this past Friday afternoon.  It is an awesome truck!

Yeah, I can't wait.  I must be very spoiled, 8 months to the day was a VERY LONG TIME to wait for anything.  ?   I've scheduled the pick up to be tomorrow morning.  I'm going to fight the urge to drive the 25 miles down there tonite and take a look.  I couldn't get off work with such short notice today.

18 hours ago, CBears said:

Yeah, I can't wait.  I must be very spoiled, 8 months to the day was a VERY LONG TIME to wait for anything.  ?   I've scheduled the pick up to be tomorrow morning.  I'm going to fight the urge to drive the 25 miles down there tonite and take a look.  I couldn't get off work with such short notice today.

So stoked for you! I am going on 7+ months now too, it has been brutal but its nice to know the end is near. My truck is on its way now and will hopefully be here within two weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tcritch3 said:

So stoked for you! I am going on 7+ months now too, it has been brutal but its nice to know the end is near. My truck is on its way now and will hopefully be here within two weeks.

Very cool. Sitting in mine now. Great times!

• Like 5