Next Gen Mustang Thread

1 hour ago, atomcat68 said:

Can't say I'm a big fan of that interior. Nothing about it looks like mustang design cues. I'm sure the materials will look better in a production car than a prototype, but I'm just critical of the design.

Yeah, I'll reserve judgment until it's revealed, but I'm torn on it.  What's there looks good, BUT as a "Mustang", I'm not loving it so far for the same reason as you're pointing out - seems like it abandons the Mustang look with the dual cockpit style.  But we shall see.

I do like the button layout on the steering wheel. I hope that transfers to other models as it Looks like the consolidated the radio controls back to the right side as compared to our Explorer.  I don’t like the channel and volume buttons to be on separate sides. 

Overall, too early to pass judgment on this interior for

me.  

2 hours ago, tbone said:

I do like the button layout on the steering wheel. I hope that transfers to other models as it Looks like the consolidated the radio controls back to the right side as compared to our Explorer.  I don’t like the channel and volume buttons to be on separate sides. 

Overall, too early to pass judgment on this interior for

me.  

That's one complaint I have about my Bronco's controls - the volume is on the left, but the preset/tune button is on the right, vs. my Mustang's which had both on the left side (which I prefer).

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That's one complaint I have about my Bronco's controls - the volume is on the left, but the preset/tune button is on the right, vs. my Mustang's which had both on the left side (which I prefer).

Precisely, it’s annoying as hell. 

I like my F150 controls.

left d pad - gauge cluster menu

right d pad - volume, next previous track/preset, media (center)

left lower - cruise co trol

right lower - phone, voice control

On our MKX the next track and volume are lower right.   It’s also confusing as to which d pad is used for what.

I wish this was more standardized across the models.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

Can't say I'm a big fan of that interior. Nothing about it looks like mustang design cues. I'm sure the materials will look better in a production car than a prototype, but I'm just critical of the design.

I think they are finally moving on from the retro design cues the mustang has had for almost 30 years now. 

In the link they have a shot of the graphic on the display that shows the dash. It looks fine to me?

I'll bet the new Mustang will be a further evolution of the current look.  It'll change enough for many to tell it's new.  But an all new clean sheet design won't happen unless it's an electric variant.  Like the Mach-E.  Mustang name may be, and I'd say very likely be used on new electric platforms.  Those will be radically different then the ICE Mustang.

2 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

This appears to be the first image of the new Android Automotive Ford is switching to.  bye bye Sync

The new system will most likely still be called Sync; Sync has already operated on both Microsoft, and QNX operating systems but the name never changed.  Probably be Sync 5

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

Everyone is losing their shit over this, but I actually think it looks good. Kinda like a synthesis of the last few mustang generations. Even in it's least agressive, most basic form, it's not bad. 

IMO its an improvement over the 2018-current front end. I was never a fan of what they did to the front of it when they did the last refresh.