Well this happened.

New to the fourm, we'll kinda.  I have been on here looking around and watching scheduling since production started and I entered my order last June or so.  Finally got my truck in late January and on March 18th some kids ran a stop sign on a highway and no way I could stop.  Good thing is there were no serious injuries....  This thing is built tough.  Be careful out there.

20220319_103954.jpg

20220319_103958.jpg

20220319_104012.jpg

20220319_104049.jpg

• Sad 5

50 minutes ago, Boondocker75 said:

New to the fourm, we'll kinda.  I have been on here looking around and watching scheduling since production started and I entered my order last June or so.  Finally got my truck in late January and on March 18th some kids ran a stop sign on a highway and no way I could stop.  Good thing is there were no serious injuries....  This thing is built tough.  Be careful out there.

20220319_103954.jpg

20220319_103958.jpg

20220319_104012.jpg

20220319_104049.jpg

Built Ford Tough!

17 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

So are those running boards for sale then? All kidding aside, that has to be a sickening feeling. Glad all are ok or would be a much worse feeling.  

It has not been easy for sure.  The truck is no longer mine and is up for auction soon.  They don't waste any time...  The salvage yard bent the crap out of one side and actually ripped on of them off.  

2 hours ago, Boondocker75 said:

Insurance is taken care of and I have a new one on order.  It took 7 months to get this one and who knows how long it will take to get another one.  Hopefully not another 7 months.  Luckily I got my order in a few weeks ago before they closed the order bank down. 

Have your dealer contact the zone rep and see if they’ll make it a priority 1 considering the circumstances,

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Boondocker75 said:

It has not been easy for sure.  The truck is no longer mine and is up for auction soon.  They don't waste any time...  The salvage yard bent the crap out of one side and actually ripped on of them off.  

I can't imagine having to wait that long only for someone's else's stupidity to take it all away. In the end it's replaceable and a life isn't, so always have to try and see the silver lining. Next one will be bigger and better. 

5 hours ago, Boondocker75 said:

I was going to say glad everyone is ok. How about that tonneau cover? Lol

And like akirby said. Check with your dealer. Hopefully they will make a order and priority 1 for you due to what happened. I would only hope it would be a possibility for me if something like that happened to me. 

12 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Yeah, great the insurance will take care of the money side but now you're out a truck indefinitely.  Is the insurance going to cover a rental for that period and can you even find suitable rental? 

I wish, no that is on me and I don't have another truck to get me through.

11 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

I can't imagine having to wait that long only for someone's else's stupidity to take it all away. In the end it's replaceable and a life isn't, so always have to try and see the silver lining. Next one will be bigger and better. 

I agree, I ordered the same thing but prices have gone up a bit.  Not a huge deal but not good either.  I am more determined then before to get this truck exactly the way I want it.  May take some time.

11 hours ago, danielj said:

And like akirby said. Check with your dealer. Hopefully they will make a order and priority 1 for you due to what happened. I would only hope it would be a possibility for me if something like that happened to me. 

I kept the Tonneau cover for the next one.  My deal has requested to move it up to a higher priority then the 10 I am at now and we have not heard anything back as of yet.  Fingers crossed we can get it moved up.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Phill DaBank said:

Heavy duty ranch hand or some other is my plan. Probably wouldn’t have helped the situation with the truck in this case but for other lesser encounters it is useful. 

I here you there.  Not something i usually have to worry about around here.  I was glad it was totaled after seeing the damage.  Not sure I would want it back after something that bad. 

I rolled my 2010 F250 back in January (ice patch, 4x4 H but no traction control or ABS). Stuck the landing on all 4. All I got was 2 small glass cuts on my hands despite landing on the corner of the roof just over my head. Absolute tank of a truck. Got my order in 3 days later for a F350, its in production now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrumpyFox said:

I rolled my 2010 F250 back in January (ice patch, 4x4 H but no traction control or ABS). Stuck the landing on all 4. All I got was 2 small glass cuts on my hands despite landing on the corner of the roof just over my head. Absolute tank of a truck. Got my order in 3 days later for a F350, its in production now.

Glad to hear you are ok on this.  These things are tough.

3 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

Glad everyone is ok. 

I can’t imagine what the other vehicle must look like. 

I wish I could share the picture but it was 01 F250.  Not much left of that one as well.  Funny thing is both trucks were still running after the incident.  Hell I could have drove it out of the ditch...

18 hours ago, danielj said:

Just heard back on getting this pulled up to a higher priority then a 10 and it is a no go.  Wish I had a contact to reach out to.  My dealer is good, really good and got me taken care of on the last one.  Just cant get the support on this one.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Boondocker75 said:

Just heard back on getting this pulled up to a higher priority then a 10 and it is a no go.  Wish I had a contact to reach out to.  My dealer is good, really good and got me taken care of on the last one.  Just cant get the support on this one.

If he actually checked with the zone rep and they said no then you’re probably stuck.  Although you could try tweeting a pic and tagging Mike Levine saying something like can’t believe I’m going to have to wait another 8 months.  After praising how well built it was.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Boondocker75 said:

At least they tried. I think everyone on here can agree that at the least a priority 2. I ordered mine May 21st and it should arrive any day now. So if that was to happen to me I would hope Ford would have a little forgiveness and up the priority some so I'm not waiting another year for a pickup. I went all of last year without a pickup. Borrowed a 06 single cab long bed F150 2wd with a v6 motor with ZERO options and manual EVERYTHING even windows and locks. Coming from a 05 2500 duramax 4x4. I couldn't tow anything and got nothing done.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the truck. If the other guy had insurance then I would definitely be on them for a rental until your new truck gets built. I can't believe I am going to say this but sometimes lawyering up early in the game can have benefits you may not otherwise get. Hell, you may not even need a lawyer if they have a decent claims adjuster working your case.

bob

On 4/14/2022 at 2:08 PM, akirby said:

If he actually checked with the zone rep and they said no then you’re probably stuck.  Although you could try tweeting a pic and tagging Mike Levine saying something like can’t believe I’m going to have to wait another 8 months.  After praising how well built it was.

They are still trying however you know how it is.  There are a lot of people waiting and wanting to get theirs moved up as well.  If I had twitter I would go that route for sure.  

On 4/14/2022 at 2:11 PM, danielj said:

At least they tried. I think everyone on here can agree that at the least a priority 2. I ordered mine May 21st and it should arrive any day now. So if that was to happen to me I would hope Ford would have a little forgiveness and up the priority some so I'm not waiting another year for a pickup. I went all of last year without a pickup. Borrowed a 06 single cab long bed F150 2wd with a v6 motor with ZERO options and manual EVERYTHING even windows and locks. Coming from a 05 2500 duramax 4x4. I couldn't tow anything and got nothing done.

Fingers crossed.  I here you there.  I have had to borrow trucks for the last year as well.  I have access however it sucks to ask.  Just aggravating.  I hope yours gets built soon.  What is holding yours up?  Adaptive steering?

On 4/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, Bob R said:

Ouch, sorry to hear about the truck. If the other guy had insurance then I would definitely be on them for a rental until your new truck gets built. I can't believe I am going to say this but sometimes lawyering up early in the game can have benefits you may not otherwise get. Hell, you may not even need a lawyer if they have a decent claims adjuster working your case.

bob

I have pushed for that and no go so far however I do have a lawyer and we are trying to get stuff taken care of.  Just sucks you have to do that to get what is deserved and paid for.  

On 4/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, CBears said:

Man that sucks so bad!!!  So glad no one was hurt though.  

On 4/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, russ90s said:

Glad you are ok. There is a great example of how safe our trucks are. Hope your wait is not too long.

Man these things are built well.  Safety wise I am glad I was in this thing otherwise I and my wife may not be here today.

• Like 2