Rearview Mirror Camera

antimony

One of the biggest thing that I will miss when I upgrade from my current car (2018 Buick Enclave - a fantastic car, much better value for money than the Cadillac XT-5) to the 2023 Aviator GT (just ordered), is the wonderful rearview mirror camera option.

I will probably go for a clip on aftermarket option. Question: Do you guys use anything like this, and if yes what are your recommendations?

2023-buick-enclave-rearview-mirror-carbu

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Huh?  You’ll have a much bigger rear camera view on the infotainment screen.

Yes, but you cannot use that to drive. In my Buick I always have the rearview camera mirror on. In a  large vehicle like the Enclave (and like the Aviator) that definitely helps. In fact I even have an aftermarket version installed in our Tesla but it really does not work as well

45 minutes ago, antimony said:

Yes, but you cannot use that to drive. In my Buick I always have the rearview camera mirror on. In a  large vehicle like the Enclave (and like the Aviator) that definitely helps. In fact I even have an aftermarket version installed in our Tesla but it really does not work as well

Seems completely unnecessary given the interior and side mirrors.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Seems completely unnecessary given the interior and side mirrors.

I have been driving this car for 4 years, including a few months last summer when I had to turn it off since I was carrying one of those bike racks in the back. For me it is now a must have. Since I cannot get it as part of the original equipment I will be getting one of those Amazon after market parts 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:43 PM, antimony said:

I have been driving this car for 4 years, including a few months last summer when I had to turn it off since I was carrying one of those bike racks in the back. For me it is now a must have. Since I cannot get it as part of the original equipment I will be getting one of those Amazon after market parts 

I'm also carrying a bike rack. I love to go mountains to ride my bike. I used to go there every weekend before I got a new job in the town. Why did I decide to get a bike rack on my Odyssey? Btw, found a good review of them here. A bike rack allows you to move and carry your bike securely from one location to another. The sort of bicycle rack you need will be determined by the type of vehicle you drive. A hitch-mount kind of rack would be great for vehicles such as minivans.