Clarification: Allocation for 2022 SD Orders

Alex Kreh

"Allocation for 2022 Super Duty orders not already previewing on this morning's AM Preview Scheduling Report as selected for scheduling tomorrow will roll over to the next scheduling cycle."

@ice-capades

Hi everyone, just looking for some clarification as to what this would mean for my situation. My dealer has an allocation for April and I am the oldest and "next" order in the queue. Does this mean I should expect that because I did not receive an email this week that I may/will next week? Or does this mean that my dealer's allocation for April will now change to allocation for May? I guess I'm unsure as to what the next scheduling cycle is considered. 

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

"Allocation for 2022 Super Duty orders not already previewing on this morning's AM Preview Scheduling Report as selected for scheduling tomorrow will roll over to the next scheduling cycle."

@ice-capades

Hi everyone, just looking for some clarification as to what this would mean for my situation. My dealer has an allocation for April and I am the oldest and "next" order in the queue. Does this mean I should expect that because I did not receive an email this week that I may/will next week? Or does this mean that my dealer's allocation for April will now change to allocation for May? I guess I'm unsure as to what the next scheduling cycle is considered. 

Thank you!

It means you may get scheduled next week or you may not.  At this point it just depends on what is in queue and what can be built each week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

It means you may get scheduled next week or you may not.  At this point it just depends on what is in queue and what can be built each week.

Awesome, thank you! I also understand that my order has a lot of options and I would infer that this has at least some effect on how you are picked for scheduling. I don't have any of the commodity restraints such as 5th wheel prep, spray-in, or AS, but with more technology and options comes more chips/parts so still keeping my fingers crossed. If I don't hear anything next week I'll probably get in contact with my dealer just to see if anyone behind me got picked up instead. I'm past the two-month mark with no VIN but I know this is not at all anything special compared to others haha. Hopefully I'll get an email next week, or rather I hope they are scheduling next week. I guess we will find out tomorrow when Ice sends out his weekly scheduling reports! Just glad to know that the "next scheduling cycle" doesn't automatically mean next month!

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Awesome, thank you! I also understand that my order has a lot of options and I would infer that this has at least some effect on how you are picked for scheduling. I don't have any of the commodity restraints such as 5th wheel prep, spray-in, or AS, but with more technology and options comes more chips/parts so still keeping my fingers crossed. If I don't hear anything next week I'll probably get in contact with my dealer just to see if anyone behind me got picked up instead. I'm past the two-month mark with no VIN but I know this is not at all anything special compared to others haha. Hopefully I'll get an email next week, or rather I hope they are scheduling next week. I guess we will find out tomorrow when Ice sends out his weekly scheduling reports! Just glad to know that the "next scheduling cycle" doesn't automatically mean next month!

Thank you!

Its not as simple as published commodity constraints.  One week they may run out of red paint or this wheel or that tire.  Or too many bedliners.  It’s luck of the draw whether all the parts ate available when your number comes up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

Its not as simple as published commodity constraints.  One week they may run out of red paint or this wheel or that tire.  Or too many bedliners.  It’s luck of the draw whether all the parts ate available when your number comes up.

That makes sense, basically, the listed commodity constraints are guaranteed to cause delays but that's not to say that other parts won't have unexpected delays from time to time. I financially cannot pick up the truck before June 1 anyway due to some occupational things, but I'm not too worried about that at this point. I keep saying now it's not about how early it will come but how late haha. I spoke with my dealer though, if the truck for whatever reason does not get scheduled before say the end of May, then I will likely trade in my '14 F-150, buy something to tide me over (I'm thinking a Raptor if I can find one cause I'd love to experience that for a few months) and then trade that in when the order is delivered. I'm worried about the value of my current truck rapidly decreasing, and he said that as long as I buy a temporary vehicle that is brand new then that should work to solve my concerns. My theory being that a new truck will not run as much of a risk of breaking parts and won't lose as much value as my current truck. It's all very complicated but in my head this makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 3:02 PM, Alex Kreh said:

That makes sense, basically, the listed commodity constraints are guaranteed to cause delays but that's not to say that other parts won't have unexpected delays from time to time. I financially cannot pick up the truck before June 1 anyway due to some occupational things, but I'm not too worried about that at this point. I keep saying now it's not about how early it will come but how late haha. I spoke with my dealer though, if the truck for whatever reason does not get scheduled before say the end of May, then I will likely trade in my '14 F-150, buy something to tide me over (I'm thinking a Raptor if I can find one cause I'd love to experience that for a few months) and then trade that in when the order is delivered. I'm worried about the value of my current truck rapidly decreasing, and he said that as long as I buy a temporary vehicle that is brand new then that should work to solve my concerns. My theory being that a new truck will not run as much of a risk of breaking parts and won't lose as much value as my current truck. It's all very complicated but in my head this makes sense. 

The overpay on that raptor will rapidly exceed any depreciation and repairs on your 2014. It’s gambling $60k+ to avoid losing a couple grand. Personally I’d wait for your order. 

• Like 1