What A Joke

MedTJ3

Three weeks ago they said orders not already previewing will be rolled over into the next cycle. Then they post another week of scheduling just to say the same thing. I placed two orders on the same day. GMC and Ford. And guess what arrived last Thursday. I tried and tried and tried with Ford. Massive name in the Heavy Duty truck industry and other companies are out producing them and figuring out the supply chain issues. Everything I ordered in the ford I ordered in the GMC. NOT ONE COMMODITY RESTRAINT! I even have a spray in bed liner, 5th wheel hitch, and adaptive cruise control. Couldn’t wait anymore with you all.   

FC8CBA2F-C372-4C29-8E20-142CF663324D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Congratulations on the new truck! How was your Ford dealer doing on allocations? Did you confirm unscheduled-clean status for your order?

Thank you! My order every time I checked to include today, has been unscheduled-clean. And as for allocations, they had 10 for March and all 10 have not been scheduled. They just keep getting rolled over into the next scheduling week. And then when they do have a full scheduling day, none of their gets picked up. Like I’ve said in another post, even the Ford Rep isn’t sure why mine hasn’t gotten picked up. I took off all published commodity restrained items and no luck week after week. 

17 hours ago, MedTJ3 said:

Three weeks ago they said orders not already previewing will be rolled over into the next cycle. Then they post another week of scheduling just to say the same thing. I placed two orders on the same day. GMC and Ford. And guess what arrived last Thursday. I tried and tried and tried with Ford. Massive name in the Heavy Duty truck industry and other companies are out producing them and figuring out the supply chain issues. Everything I ordered in the ford I ordered in the GMC. NOT ONE COMMODITY RESTRAINT! I even have a spray in bed liner, 5th wheel hitch, and adaptive cruise control. Couldn’t wait anymore with you all.   

FC8CBA2F-C372-4C29-8E20-142CF663324D.jpeg

Gotta say, that is a nice looking truck.  Normally I'm not a fan of GMs but that one looks really good.  Enjoy!

GMC barely sells 250K trucks a year. They are aesthetically different enough from the Silverado that they have their own parts, and that's the kind of stuff Ford has had trouble getting a hold of. Powertrain is not the issue.

Go with the less popular option, more likely there will be stock available. Not surprising. You could probably get a hold of a Tundra or Titan pretty fast, too.

But personally, I do not want any other truck.

• Like 9