Humor when you pick up your truck.

4thTimer

Love pulling people's chains, especially when large $ amounts are involved.  A good joker friend of mine, John, went with me when I bought van in 2020. We were sitting in the showroom waiting for for the paperwork. The finance guy came out and said he didn't know there were credit ratings above 800. Then he said they were sorry they could only get regular plates and I'd have to order the DV plates after I got those. Straight faced, John says, "That's a deal breaker." Finance guy looks at me shocked and I follow along. "Yeah, sorry, can't do it." I thought the finance guy was going to piss himself. The dealer was behind me so I didn't see his reaction but we'd been chatting for a while and probably knew we were bsing.  

Anyway, what are some good lines when picking up a new vehicle?  I imagine the dealer will be there when I get in the first time. I think I'll ask where the clutch is.  What else? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Love pulling people's chains, especially when large $ amounts are involved.  A good joker friend of mine, John, went with me when I bought van in 2020. We were sitting in the showroom waiting for for the paperwork. The finance guy came out and said he didn't know there were credit ratings above 800. Then he said they were sorry they could only get regular plates and I'd have to order the DV plates after I got those. Straight faced, John says, "That's a deal breaker." Finance guy looks at me shocked and I follow along. "Yeah, sorry, can't do it." I thought the finance guy was going to piss himself. The dealer was behind me so I didn't see his reaction but we'd been chatting for a while and probably knew we were bsing.  

Anyway, what are some good lines when picking up a new vehicle?  I imagine the dealer will be there when I get in the first time. I think I'll ask where the clutch is.  What else? 

If you ordered gas, tell them you ordered a diesel, or vs. versa...I guess you could find a ton of things to mess with salesman

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrumpyFox said:

When paying in cash, bring in a few mason jars full of loose change. Ask if they will help bring in the rest. See if they will actually help before you pull out the cashiers check.

Just bring in one glass jar with a couple dollars in change and tell them there'll be more where that came from and you're good for it.

• Haha 1

I'd like to go in with a holloween skeleton with a name card hung around the neck (my name). I'd have a name card around my neck saying brother of (my name). I'd tell them I was here to complete the transaction as my brother died of old age waiting. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sandbaja said:

I'd like to go in with a holloween skeleton with a name card hung around the neck (my name). I'd have a name card around my neck saying brother of (my name). I'd tell them I was here to complete the transaction as my brother died of old age waiting. 

Maybe call your dealer now and ask if it's possible to assign your son as beneficiary of your order?

• Haha 1

Happened this weekend. We were headed out of town Easter weekend, and my truck, which I’ve been waiting 9 months for shows up Thursday afternoon. The dealer is a friend so I ask if there’s any way I can get it by that evening so we can take it on our trip. He says he can’t get all the paperwork completed (small dealership) but if I can get insurance on it I can take it and we’ll do the paperwork Monday. Done!  Long, thoroughly enjoyable trip to the coast and back, I go back to the dealership today to sign. The paperwork guy puts the deal sheet in front of me. I take one look and say no way I’m paying that price for a demo!  He’s stammering and saying “But sir, this truck was custom ordered for you!  It’s brand new from the factory!”  I reply “BS, that truck has a 1000 miles on it, just go look.”  The dealer is standing behind this poor guy trying not to pi$$ himself he’s laughing so hard. I’ve been waiting 9 month, I’m entitled to a little fun, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6